Vizio, no picture...

S

Stu jaxon

I have Vizio led tv, model #D43-C1, no picture, no sound, no back light, power light comes on, then fades away, any help will be appreciated..??

On Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 6:51:38 AM UTC-4, Stu jaxon wrote:
> I have Vizio led tv, model #D43-C1, no picture, no sound, no back light, power light comes on, then fades away, any help will be appreciated..??

https://support.vizio.com/s/article/D43-C1-Model-Information?language=en_US

Leads to:
https://support.vizio.com/s/article/My-device-won-t-power-on-will-not-turn-on-no-power?language=en_US

Which tells you: \"Newer VIZIO TV\'s that have a white LED power indicator light are designed so that the indicator light fades out when the TV powers on. If the light doesn\'t fade off and just turns off then there is a problem with your TV.\" So, the fading power-light is normal behavior.

Understand that this venue is dedicated to the concept that one should search out the most complicated, ineffective and least useful response to any given issue - as long as it is clear and, simple (and usually wrong). Which depends on the premise that many here have either broken fingers and cannot use a search engine for that reason, or are unable to read or understand directions, or are otherwise challenged to look for themselves. And then, to take that response and discuss it until the proverbial horse is dead, flensed, flayed, jerked and dried.

Good luck with it! Really! And to avoid snarky responses such as this one in the future, please tell us what you have done to-date, try to tell us whether the problem is recent, sudden, developing or any other conditions that may be useful to know, and please also understand that we are some distance away from you and cannot see what you see. So ALL WE HAVE is what you tell us.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

On Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 1:24:57 PM UTC-4, pfjw@aol.com wrote:
I have Vizio led tv, model #D43-C1, no picture, no sound, no back light, power light comes on, then fades away, any help will be appreciated..??

Leads to:
https://support.vizio.com/s/article/My-device-won-t-power-on-will-not-turn-on-no-power?language=en_US

Which tells you: \"Newer VIZIO TV\'s that have a white LED power indicator light are designed so that the indicator light fades out when the TV powers on. If the light doesn\'t fade off and just turns off then there is a problem with your TV.\" So, the fading power-light is normal behavior.

Understand that this venue is dedicated to the concept that one should search out the most complicated, ineffective and least useful response to any given issue - as long as it is clear and, simple (and usually wrong). Which depends on the premise that many here have either broken fingers and cannot use a search engine for that reason, or are unable to read or understand directions, or are otherwise challenged to look for themselves. And then, to take that response and discuss it until the proverbial horse is dead, flensed, flayed, jerked and dried.

Good luck with it! Really! And to avoid snarky responses such as this one in the future, please tell us what you have done to-date, try to tell us whether the problem is recent, sudden, developing or any other conditions that may be useful to know, and please also understand that we are some distance away from you and cannot see what you see. So ALL WE HAVE is what you tell us.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

8 led strips are out/shorted,.. do i look for shorts in the power supply or led driver board?? this isn\'t my tv .

On Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 3:13:29 PM UTC-4, Stu jaxon wrote:

> 8 led strips are out/shorted,.. do i look for shorts in the power supply or led driver board?? this isn\'t my tv .

Most late model TVs have LED issues, and it\'s usually inside the display. That one you have is a real toilet. Does the LED harness plug into CN802 on the main???

On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 12:13:24 -0700 (PDT), Stu jaxon
<stankowalski02@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 1:24:57 PM UTC-4, pfjw@aol.com wrote:

Leads to:

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

8 led strips are out/shorted,.. do i look for shorts in the power supply or led driver board?? this isn\'t my tv .

Had this in a couple of widely varying makes and models.

So long as the LED loads are seen to be irregular, the unit
probably won\'t run. If you replace the defective strings with
a constant voltage shunt load of the proper value, or replace
damaged strings, you can see if there\'s anything else thats
gone wrong.

This form of circuit protection is pretty annoying. The screen
will be visible, so long as a string still functions. I expect
it\'s a safety issue, with most inexpensive optical screen and
dispersion media having been highly flammable, at one time.

RL

On Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 7:56:55 PM UTC-4, ohg...@gmail.com wrote:

Most late model TVs have LED issues, and it\'s usually inside the display. That one you have is a real toilet. Does the LED harness plug into CN802 on the main???

there are two harnesses that plug into the led driver board #715G7159-P01-000-004K cn801, cn802,

On Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 10:38:08 PM UTC-4, Stu jaxon wrote:

there are two harnesses that plug into the led driver board #715G7159-P01-000-004K cn801, cn802,

CN801 is the harness that goes to the LEDs. If you get no flash whatsoever (however briefly), then you most likely have a bad main board. Even a bad LED strip would allow a short flash of the others before shutdown. The only very rare exception is if this is one of those models that doesn\'t shut down the LED driver with an open string, and the customer kept watching it as each of the 5 strings died one by one over several months. I\'ve only seen a couple of models that would continue to run with open strings. You really need an LED tester (0-300 volt) that are widely available for less than $50.

On Friday, October 2, 2020 at 7:39:45 AM UTC-4, ohg...@gmail.com wrote:

CN801 is the harness that goes to the LEDs. If you get no flash whatsoever (however briefly), then you most likely have a bad main board. Even a bad LED strip would allow a short flash of the others before shutdown. The only very rare exception is if this is one of those models that doesn\'t shut down the LED driver with an open string, and the customer kept watching it as each of the 5 strings died one by one over several months. I\'ve only seen a couple of models that would continue to run with open strings. You really need an LED tester (0-300 volt) that are widely available for less than $50.

I have a GJ2C LED TV Backlight Tester.. and i believe it shorted some of the ones i was testing, I was testing some string strips individually, and some led,s came on others didn\'t, heard a sizzle, tested again, the whole string was dead. so i tested the rest with a variable power supply and salvaged six strings, ordered 10 more from ebay.. so do i test the main board for shorts before installing them, how would i do that???

On Friday, October 2, 2020 at 2:09:40 PM UTC-4, Stu jaxon wrote:

I have a GJ2C LED TV Backlight Tester.. and i believe it shorted some of the ones i was testing, I was testing some string strips individually, and some led,s came on others didn\'t, heard a sizzle, tested again, the whole string was dead. so i tested the rest with a variable power supply and salvaged six strings, ordered 10 more from ebay.. so do i test the main board for shorts before installing them, how would i do that???

That tester generally won\'t damage any strips since it\'s limited to 20ma or so, although I make it a habit of not reversing the polarity of the tester ever just to be sure. While most strings won\'t be bothered by the tester being connected backward, there are some that will short out the LEDs, particularly if they\'re already old and have a lot of heat and hours on them. In any case, make damned sure you remove the harness from the LED strips to the main, or you most likely will damage the low side drivers or the IC itself (in your case, it\'s a combination processor and driver).

If you had even a few LEDs not light while others did, your problem is most likely confined to the back light. Replace the LED strips with new ones and it should go. If you used the tester with the LEDs connected to the main you may have damaged the main as well.

On Friday, October 2, 2020 at 7:30:38 PM UTC-4, ohg...@gmail.com wrote:

That tester generally won\'t damage any strips since it\'s limited to 20ma or so, although I make it a habit of not reversing the polarity of the tester ever just to be sure. While most strings won\'t be bothered by the tester being connected backward, there are some that will short out the LEDs, particularly if they\'re already old and have a lot of heat and hours on them. In any case, make damned sure you remove the harness from the LED strips to the main, or you most likely will damage the low side drivers or the IC itself (in your case, it\'s a combination processor and driver).

If you had even a few LEDs not light while others did, your problem is most likely confined to the back light. Replace the LED strips with new ones and it should go. If you used the tester with the LEDs connected to the main you may have damaged the main as well.

I changed the strings/strips for the backlights still no pic, only getting 25v dropping to 16v on the connection harness to the backlights, when turning on the tv..

On Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at 3:40:55 PM UTC-4, Stu jaxon wrote:
On Friday, October 2, 2020 at 7:30:38 PM UTC-4, ohg...@gmail.com wrote:

That tester generally won\'t damage any strips since it\'s limited to 20ma or so, although I make it a habit of not reversing the polarity of the tester ever just to be sure. While most strings won\'t be bothered by the tester being connected backward, there are some that will short out the LEDs, particularly if they\'re already old and have a lot of heat and hours on them.. In any case, make damned sure you remove the harness from the LED strips to the main, or you most likely will damage the low side drivers or the IC itself (in your case, it\'s a combination processor and driver).

I changed the strings/strips for the backlights still no pic, only getting 25v dropping to 16v on the connection harness to the backlights, when turning on the tv..

If you used the LED tester without disconnecting the harness from the main, you probably damaged the LED drive IC. Shopjimmy lists a complete board set for that TV at less than $40.

On Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 1:24:57 PM UTC-4, Peter W. wrote:

Leads to:

Look at it from the ex-construction worker (electrical contractor) now sitting behind a counter on a street filled with high rises where every 15 minutes some guy walks in emptying a bag of 13 or 14 electrical parts saying \"this was my playstation or Wii\" can you put it back together because it has stuff saved on it.

YKou can\'t take a picture of it or play a recording of it. How will you ask for help?

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back