TV LED circuit bards...

H

Hilda Winkler

Hi Group, can someone help please?.. when ordering boards for led tvs, why are there different white sticker labels with bar codes, but with different numbers for the same board number and model TV??.. for instance, I\'m trying to find a main logic board for a Vizio model#P502ui-B1E.. main board# 715g6924-m01-000-005k.. sticker# xecbotk004030x.. on some boards in ebay, the board numbers match, but the stickers don\'t, how would i find one compatible for the tv??? other than finding the same sticker number??

On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 7:40:00 PM UTC-4, hildawi...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Group, can someone help please?.. when ordering boards for led tvs, why are there different white sticker labels with bar codes, but with different numbers for the same board number and model TV??.. for instance, I\'m trying to find a main logic board for a Vizio model#P502ui-B1E.. main board# 715g6924-m01-000-005k.. sticker# xecbotk004030x.. on some boards in ebay, the board numbers match, but the stickers don\'t, how would i find one compatible for the tv??? other than finding the same sticker number??

First, don\'t waste your time with the P502ui. The mainboards are junk, there are no new ones available, and used ones will be bad when you get them or fail shortly after. Under that big black heatsink are two BGA chips that run scalding hot when everything is working properly. Being an edge lit TV, they squished the boards down to fit the cabinet, and the boards just cook themselves to death. What actually happens is that most of them suffer from degraded or cracked solder balls under the BGAs.

To answer your question, Vizio is not a manufacturer but an assembler. They get their screens from different companies, so different boards will have at least different software to match the display screen or the boards will have different parts loaded for the correct version, and that\'s what the labels call out. Now, having said that, this particular series of boards seem to swap around with no problem, but I don\'t know if I\'ve seen every version either.

If you\'re set on getting if fixed, see if you can find a company that will remove the BGA chips and reball them. Reflowing will restore them temporarily but they\'ll only work for weeks to a few months before crapping again. If you get the two BGAs reballed, cut out the back of the cabinet where the heatsink for the main is and mount a big box fan to the back cabinet.

On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 10:19:19 PM UTC-4, ohg...@gmail.com wrote:
On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 7:40:00 PM UTC-4, hildawi...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Group, can someone help please?.. when ordering boards for led tvs, why are there different white sticker labels with bar codes, but with different numbers for the same board number and model TV??.. for instance, I\'m trying to find a main logic board for a Vizio model#P502ui-B1E.. main board# 715g6924-m01-000-005k.. sticker# xecbotk004030x.. on some boards in ebay, the board numbers match, but the stickers don\'t, how would i find one compatible for the tv??? other than finding the same sticker number??
First, don\'t waste your time with the P502ui. The mainboards are junk, there are no new ones available, and used ones will be bad when you get them or fail shortly after. Under that big black heatsink are two BGA chips that run scalding hot when everything is working properly. Being an edge lit TV, they squished the boards down to fit the cabinet, and the boards just cook themselves to death. What actually happens is that most of them suffer from degraded or cracked solder balls under the BGAs.

To answer your question, Vizio is not a manufacturer but an assembler. They get their screens from different companies, so different boards will have at least different software to match the display screen or the boards will have different parts loaded for the correct version, and that\'s what the labels call out. Now, having said that, this particular series of boards seem to swap around with no problem, but I don\'t know if I\'ve seen every version either.

If you\'re set on getting if fixed, see if you can find a company that will remove the BGA chips and reball them. Reflowing will restore them temporarily but they\'ll only work for weeks to a few months before crapping again. If you get the two BGAs reballed, cut out the back of the cabinet where the heatsink for the main is and mount a big box fan to the back cabinet.

thanks for the info, out to the curb for this tv..

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back