Time to get rid of my electronics collection - thoughts on where to donate...

S

Steve Kamego

It\'s time to hang it up, I\'ve moved away from electronics over into software, and it\'s about time I clear out the old collection.

I tried to get in touch with the local university to see about any interest there but didn\'t get any bites.

Any thoughts on places to donate? Some of it is high voltage so I want to give it to someone who\'d end up hurting themselves, and i don\'t just want to call an e-waste company as some of it is pretty good stuff.

Thanks to this group for the years of information I\'ve absorbed and occasionally participated in. Glad to see it\'s still going strong.

Dallas area if that matters.

Steve

On 1/04/2023 12:23 pm, Steve Kamego wrote:
It\'s time to hang it up, I\'ve moved away from electronics over into software, and it\'s about time I clear out the old collection.

I tried to get in touch with the local university to see about any interest there but didn\'t get any bites.

Any thoughts on places to donate? Some of it is high voltage so I want to give it to someone who\'d end up hurting themselves, and i don\'t just want to call an e-waste company as some of it is pretty good stuff.

Thanks to this group for the years of information I\'ve absorbed and occasionally participated in. Glad to see it\'s still going strong.

Steve

**There is an excellent Facebook group, inhabited by people who have a
passion for test equipment:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/VintageElectronicTestEquipment

I\'m pretty certain you will find people in your area who would be happy
to assist you in your task.

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

[snip]

Check and see if there\'s an Amateur Radio Club
in your area. Usually there\'s at least someone
in them who chews on copper wires for breakfast.

--

On Sat, 1 Apr 2023 05:08:23 -0000 (UTC), danny burstein
<dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

[snip]

I never did that !

KenW

On Sat, 01 Apr 2023 07:19:47 -0600, KenW <ken1943@invalid.net> wrote:

On Sat, 1 Apr 2023 05:08:23 -0000 (UTC), danny burstein
dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

[snip]

I never did that !

Copper wires have been used to produce Danish blue cheese. It works
faster than steel wires. A bit too strong taste for breakfast!

Steve Kamego <skamego@gmail.com> wrote:

Have you considered Ebay, or maybe Craigslist?

Either is better than e-waste.

bob prohaska

On Friday, March 31, 2023 at 9:23:46 PM UTC-4, Steve Kamego wrote:

Steve
I may be interested in some of your stuff...please drop me a note.
I\'d second CL or Ebay
J

On Fri, 31 Mar 2023 18:23:43 -0700 (PDT), Steve Kamego
<skamego@gmail.com> wrote:

Not so sure about that. Some of the key contributors seem to have been
absent of late. :-(

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back