OT: Some reassurance for our Climate Nuts...

On Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 1:24:05 AM UTC+10, Sjouke Burry wrote:
On 18.09.23 1:16, Cursitor Doom wrote:
For those of you despairing of mankind\'s future, may I bring a touch of enlightenment?

NO!!!!!!!

He thinks that he is enlightened. Sadly, he isn\'t. What he brings us is smelly heap of half-baked nonsense, but he lacks the insight to realise quite how fatuous his delusions are.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

On Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 1:34:41 AM UTC+10, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Mon, 18 Sep 2023 08:03:50 -0700 (PDT), Anthony William Sloman
bill....@ieee.org> wrote:
On Monday, September 18, 2023 at 11:30:50?PM UTC+10, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Mon, 18 Sep 2023 03:35:26 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 7:16:51?PM UTC-4, Cursitor Doom wrote:
For those of you despairing of mankind\'s future, may I bring a touch
of enlightenment?

https://tinyurl.com/bdsc6x75

This describes you to a T:

With little knowledge comes great confidence: Study reveals relationship between knowledge and attitudes toward science

\"The results revealed two key findings. First, overconfidence tended to grow faster than knowledge, reaching its peak at intermediate levels of knowledge. Second, respondents with intermediate knowledge and high confidence also displayed the least positive attitudes towards science.\"

It boils down to you being too lazy to delve deeper into the subject matter, which would prevent you from forming a strong opinion based on total nonsense. And you don\'t need to go too deep to realize the fraud of sites like Zero Hedge

I\'m afraid I can\'t let you get away with that, Fred. I acquired a third of a ton (literally) of physical, hard-copy reference books and the world\'s most trusted encyclopaedias plus 400 further reference books on DVD covering the period from 1860 to 2009 and spent the next two years studying what they have to tell us about CO2 levels.

From what you\'ve posted, every last one of them was out-of-date, and your enthusiasm for trusting 1890\'s atmospheric CO2 level measurements does rather depend on your assumption that the atmosphere in the labs of the period was representative of the atmosphere as a whole.

https://scrippsco2.ucsd.edu/history_legacy/charles_david_keeling_biography.html

When Charles Keeling started measuring it properly, he found that he had to stick his observatory at top o Manua Loa to get stable and consistent measurements.

I\'ve posted links to my findings many times here as you will remember. I never believe *anything* I read online from *any* source when it comes to *any* subject which is politically-loaded.

And you want it politically loaded in way that suits your silly ideas.

As far as I\'m concerned, they\'re all potentially compromised and not worthy of serious consideration. I probably know more about historical CO2 levels than anyone anywhere on Usenet.

You may know about historical measurements, but what you \"know\" about historical levels reflects your enthusiasm for cherry picking. The real source of historical data is ice core samples, which go back about 800,000 years but you have this fairy story about them being concocted by a massive conspiracy of climate scientists,

I know what I\'m talking about.

You do seem to think that, but in reality you\'ve merely got a perfectly splendid delusion which you\'ve elaborated to an absurd degree, but it\'s still just a self-serving delusion designed to make you feel good about the \"superior insight\" which you get by staring up your own backside.

You and that idiot Bill Sloman don\'t.

And you congratulate yourself on your expertise and superior insight. It\'s total bollocks but your head is far up your own bottom that bollocks are all you can see,

You keep falling for all the BS the MSM keeps forcing down you to such an extent it\'s becoming embarrassing.

The peer-reviewed scientific literature isn\'t part of the main stream media. The more respectable bits of the main stream media report on the actual science from time to time, but the bits owned by Rupert Murdoch tell the story that the fossil carbon extraction industry is paying them to propagate. The even wackier bits that you seem to read may not even be being bribed to lie.

https://phys.org/news/2023-09-knowledge-great-confidence-reveals-relationship.html

Of course, the study may be imperfect. It could be more or less one of those confirmation bias things.

Cursitor Doom\'s spectacular over-confidence and absurd ignorance do fit the study.

Bill, you\'re just a troll and have been for the last 17 years or thereabouts.

No. You are the anonymous troll here.

> You just enjoy stirring the pot and attempting - unsuccessfully - to appear superior to everyone else.

I\'m certainly superior to you, Flygy, a a and few others who share some of your lunatic delusions.

There are people who post here who do know as least as much about what they are talking about as I do, and I\'m much less likely to argue with them and do it rather more politely when our opinions do differ.

Fred, OTOH, there is still some hope for. Fred doesn\'t realise that he\'s being manipulated in the classic \'problem-reaction-solution\' technique, which I\'d assumed everyone here would be familiar with by now, but it seems not. Fred, check this out and step outside the box.

Stop doing your unseen masters\' bidding.

https://christianobserver.net/what-is-the-hegelian-dialectic/

So now you are a philosopher. You are just as impressive in that role as you are as climate scientist - utterly despicable.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

On Mon, 18 Sep 2023 17:23:55 +0200, Sjouke Burry
<burrynulnulfour@ppllaanneett.nnll> wrote:

of enlightenment?

NO!!!!!!!

That\'s the perfect example of the unforgivable trait of willful
ignorance. We are where we are precisely because of this kind of
obduracy.

On Mon, 18 Sep 2023 22:03:57 +0100, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
wrote:

burrynulnulfour@ppllaanneett.nnll> wrote:

of enlightenment?

NO!!!!!!!

You\'re supposed to be bringing us curses and gloom and doom.

Or was that cursors, batman ?

boB

That\'s the perfect example of the unforgivable trait of willful
ignorance. We are where we are precisely because of this kind of
obduracy.

On Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 7:04:07 AM UTC+10, Cursitor Doom wrote:
burrynu...@ppllaanneett.nnll> wrote:

of enlightenment?

NO!!!!!!!

That\'s the perfect example of the unforgivable trait of willful ignorance. We are where we are precisely because of this kind of obduracy.

And Cursitor Doom, our leading example of obdurate and wilful ignorance, wasn\'t being consciously ironic when he posted this.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back