Level 1 Charger Plug...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAE_J1772

You will find all that you need to know here. There are internal links, so you will have to work some to find everything. But it is there.

The internet is your friend!

Next Question: Why?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

On Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 11:40:01 PM UTC-4, Cydrome Leader wrote:
jjhudak4@gmail.com wrote:
On Friday, May 1, 2020 at 1:15:11 PM UTC-4, jjhu...@gmail.com wrote:
On Monday, April 27, 2020 at 12:23:53 PM UTC-4, jjhu...@gmail.com wrote:
I have a few Fluke DMMs that I want to get backup probes for.
My ideal probe is one that will accept screw-on accessories such as various size alligator clips, micro-clips, and mounting lugs.
A \'kit\' with all of these accessories would be idea.
Would like the probes to be decent quality. The closer to OEM Fluke or Pomona quality with more reasonable prices is what I have in mind.

Most of the aftermarket stuff on ebay seems to be junk. I did some searching on aftermarket probe sets and found this one which seems to be a good match to what I am looking for.
https://probemaster.com/8000-series-kits/
I\'ve checked some of the electronic suppliers that I know of (Globe, Newark, etc.)
and have found a few options but not sure how good they are.

Suggestions for alternatives or other potential suppliers are welcome.
Thanks
J

Thanks to all that posted. I followed up on all the suggestions. For my Fluke meters and my intended use, the 8043s seemed to be the best fit. Also ordered some additional probe tips.
J

As a follow-up: Just received the test lead/probe kit from Probemaster....at first blush, they are *GREAT* nice sharp points, 1000V isolation, and the threads for the screw-on attachements (~5 turns) seem sturdy. the attachments seat and snug-up well. Fit and finish are excellent with my Fluke meters.
Just what I was looking for.
Thanks again.
J

how flexible are the leads? Are they more rubbery/silicone-like or more
like soft PVC?

The sample size is two, but I noticed my ~5 year old Fluke probes seems
more flexible than the newer ones. Part numbers are the same.

That is a hard question for me to answer. I would say they are fairly flexible. I would add that the lead wires are \'supple\' and more flexible than the standard lead wires that came with my 2 year old Fluke 179.

The leads on my 30 yo Fluke 77 are more rubbery in texture/feel. The probemaster leads are also more flexible that those of the 77.

Rubber/silicon or PVC. I would say more like silicon. My perception of PCV is that it is stiffer, somewhat plastic-like. (like the leads that came with my cheap extech that I keep in my car repair tool box)
Hope that helps
J

John-Del is CRIMINAL LAIR and NUTTER !

=====================================

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/sci.electronics.repair/YcNfjgMv6zw%5B1-25%5D

** The above is 3 years ago, the Sony was 34 at the time and the problem was was tiny and easily fixed.

Did he not read this at all ??

\"Lemme tell ya somethin\' - John.

For round about 15 years now, you have been misrepresenting and posting false interpretations of my posts. \"

Yes Phil, I do indeed keep ice cream in my freezer.

** Plus all your old turds.

Oh, and Peter is a gentleman.

** Pf is one of the biggest cunt on usenet.

A massive narcissist, vile liar and malicious as hell.

Praise from a ranting psychopath like YOU is the kiss of death.

People like you give the rest of the world every reason to despise Americans completely.

..... Phil

On Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 7:10:45 PM UTC-4, Phil OHM Allison wrote:

** The above is 3 years ago, the Sony was 34 at the time and the problem was was tiny and easily fixed.

I wasn\'t making a point about the CD player Phil, I was making a point about the roach shit infestation that plagues your trailer and that poor Sony CD player. Those were *your* words I quoted and posted the link for all to see. Did you not read this at all ??

Yes, fortunately the Sony was easily fixed, as long as you don\'t mind cleaning up roach shit.

Your weak attempt at deflection doesn\'t change my post, which everyone has seen.
Tell me Phil, do the roaches climb on you when you sleep? Do they keep you awake? Maybe you\'re crabby because you just aren\'t getting enough quality shuteye.

And Peter malicious? Coming from you, that\'s an impressive and ironic statement. But at least you didn\'t wish death on me this time, not that it has done you any good in the past..

John-Del is CRIMINAL LAIR and NUTTER !

=====================================

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/sci.electronics.repair/YcNfjgMv6zw%5B1-25%5D

\"Lemme tell ya somethin\' - John.

For round about 15 years now, you have been misrepresenting and posting false interpretations of my posts. \"

Oh, and Peter is a gentleman.

** Pf is one of the biggest cunts on usenet.

A massive narcissist, vile liar and malicious as hell.

Praise from a ranting psychopath like YOU is the kiss of death.

People like you give the rest of the world every reason to despise Americans completely.

.... Phil

I would use the \"mud-wrestling with a pig\" analogy, except for the fact that pigs are useful creatures, and overall, quite intelligent. Engaging with the drongo from down-under has no upside.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

On Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 11:30:26 AM UTC-6, pf...@aol.com wrote:

You will find all that you need to know here. There are internal links, so you will have to work some to find everything. But it is there.

Thank you. While a great deal of good information, it does not address portable chargers (like mine that run off of a 120VAC outlet. Were you able to see the photo I linked to?

On Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 11:30:26 AM UTC-6, pf...@aol.com wrote:

Thank you. While a great deal of good information, it does not address portable chargers (like mine that run off of a 120VAC outlet. Were you able to see the photo I linked to?

I was not able to see your photo - I got the generic hosting site only. But, that site I linked did include the schematic for the Subaru charger, which is very nearly the same as for my Ford C-Max charger. And my C-Max charger is also running off a 120 VAC outlet, and uses the same plug. You do have to work for it, however.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

I was not able to see your photo - I got the generic hosting site only. But, that site I linked did include the schematic for the Subaru charger, which is very nearly the same as for my Ford C-Max charger. And my C-Max charger is also running off a 120 VAC outlet, and uses the same plug. You do have to work for it, however.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Klay Anderson wrote:

> Level 1 car charger

You could do worse than look at car charger videos on the Mike\'s
Electric Stuff channel on youtube.

> Photo <shorturl.at/azCFU>

doesn\'t work

Phil, you owe me a beer for starting this thread. It was about burning a resistor to a crisp and now it might become a international incident. I am so proud.

But actually, I think if that heat was generated internally it would have more of an effect. So what I have to do now, well first find the damn things, my place is starting to look like Lieberman\'s, and then to have a way to measure the ohms at higher - and variable currents.

First I have to fuck with some ugh, computers.

Phil, you owe me a beer for starting this thread. It was about burning a resistor to a crisp and now it might become a international incident. I am so proud.

But actually, I think if that heat was generated internally it would have more of an effect. So what I have to do now, well first find the damn things, my place is starting to look like Lieberman\'s, and then to have a way to measure the ohms at higher - and variable currents.

First I have to fuck with some ugh, computers.

Jeff Urban wrote:
=================

Phil, you owe me a beer for starting this thread.

** Really ?

Is that so ?

Must be in the same way Jews owe Germans a beer for starting WW2.

Never would have found out how many women, children and old sick folk could fit inside a gas chamber without that.

..... Phil

<zygimantaslaurutis@gmail.com> wrote:

In conclusion- i should deliver vacuum to my IG-102?
Or should i connect compressed air and it makes vacuum
by itself?

Does a simple solder sucker not suffice?

On Sunday, May 10, 2020 at 9:02:22 AM UTC-4, Phil Allison wrote:
Jeff Urban wrote:
=================

** Really ?

Is that so ?

Never would have found out how many women, children and old sick folk could fit inside a gas chamber without that.

.... Phil

Compassion? Well, you\'re not an anti-Semite or a Holocaust denier Phil. I\'m proud of you, and I\'m not being condescending here. I guess there is a *bit* of good in you after all.

Not to worry. The Drongo from Down-Under likely cannot afford its own beer, much less standing for anyone else. But, it will, always, race for the bottom....

On Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 11:40:01 PM UTC-4, Cydrome Leader wrote:
On Friday, May 1, 2020 at 1:15:11 PM UTC-4, jjhu...@gmail.com wrote:
On Monday, April 27, 2020 at 12:23:53 PM UTC-4, jjhu...@gmail.com wrote:
I have a few Fluke DMMs that I want to get backup probes for.
My ideal probe is one that will accept screw-on accessories such as various size alligator clips, micro-clips, and mounting lugs.
A \'kit\' with all of these accessories would be idea.
Would like the probes to be decent quality. The closer to OEM Fluke or Pomona quality with more reasonable prices is what I have in mind.

Most of the aftermarket stuff on ebay seems to be junk. I did some searching on aftermarket probe sets and found this one which seems to be a good match to what I am looking for.
https://probemaster.com/8000-series-kits/
I\'ve checked some of the electronic suppliers that I know of (Globe, Newark, etc.)
and have found a few options but not sure how good they are.

Suggestions for alternatives or other potential suppliers are welcome.
Thanks
J

Thanks to all that posted. I followed up on all the suggestions. For my Fluke meters and my intended use, the 8043s seemed to be the best fit. Also ordered some additional probe tips.
J

As a follow-up: Just received the test lead/probe kit from Probemaster...at first blush, they are *GREAT* nice sharp points, 1000V isolation, and the threads for the screw-on attachements (~5 turns) seem sturdy. the attachments seat and snug-up well. Fit and finish are excellent with my Fluke meters.
Just what I was looking for.
Thanks again.
J

how flexible are the leads? Are they more rubbery/silicone-like or more
like soft PVC?

The sample size is two, but I noticed my ~5 year old Fluke probes seems
more flexible than the newer ones. Part numbers are the same.

That is a hard question for me to answer. I would say they are fairly flexible. I would add that the lead wires are \'supple\' and more flexible than the standard lead wires that came with my 2 year old Fluke 179.

The leads on my 30 yo Fluke 77 are more rubbery in texture/feel. The probemaster leads are also more flexible that those of the 77.

Rubber/silicon or PVC. I would say more like silicon. My perception of PCV is that it is stiffer, somewhat plastic-like. (like the leads that came with my cheap extech that I keep in my car repair tool box)
Hope that helps
J

They sound like nice leads. I really don\'t like test leads that feel
stiff, like old crappy automotive jumper cables. cheaper leads seem to
have a memory or sorts. If you bunch or fold them up they stay sort of
bent or kinked, even if you let them hang off a hook to relax.

Jeff Urban wrote:
=================

** Really ?

Is that so ?

..... Phil

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back