CEN-TECH 10/2/50A 12v Manual Charger Burned out...

Proof that you do not know what you are doing:
a) There are roughly four (4) lead-acid battery charger circuits. There are any number of variations, but on basic themes.
i. This does not count the computerized Arduino-based systems. Just what is available OTC at your local auto-parts store.
ii. This does not count charger-starters, or those items with a built-in jump-starter.
b) Two of which are smart. Two of which are pretty basic, but effective.
i. Differences between each are a matter of scale, not so much circuitry.
ii. And, heavier chargers will need heavier circuits. Obviously. And why Harbor-Freight is not a good place to start, pretty much with anything.
c) Five minutes, or less, of internet manipulation would have made you aware of all of these things. And even have given you a head-start on diagnosis.
d) Suggesting that you are not very savvy in the first place. Subsequent events have borne that out.

So, we have established that you are looking for a magic bullet: Do *THIS ONE THING* and all will be well.
We have established that you have no concern as to quality-of-parts or for the source of those parts: You purchased relays in bulk and for cheap from eBay.
We have established that you are in that habit as well: dubious quality purchased as cheaply as possible.
We have established that your time is worth nothing to you. And by extension, nor is anyone else\'s time.
We have even tried to help - by suggesting that you not continue down a futile path attempting to resurrect a piece of junk, but to replace it with one more suitable to *your* purposes.
We even suggested that there is some risk attached to your process.

At this point, just go for it!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 12:07:12 PM UTC-5, pfjw@aol.com wrote:
Proof that you do not know what you are doing:
a) There are roughly four (4) lead-acid battery charger circuits. There are any number of variations, but on basic themes.
i. This does not count the computerized Arduino-based systems. Just what is available OTC at your local auto-parts store.
ii. This does not count charger-starters, or those items with a built-in jump-starter.
b) Two of which are smart. Two of which are pretty basic, but effective.
i. Differences between each are a matter of scale, not so much circuitry.
ii. And, heavier chargers will need heavier circuits. Obviously. And why Harbor-Freight is not a good place to start, pretty much with anything.
c) Five minutes, or less, of internet manipulation would have made you aware of all of these things. And even have given you a head-start on diagnosis.
d) Suggesting that you are not very savvy in the first place. Subsequent events have borne that out.

So, we have established that you are looking for a magic bullet: Do *THIS ONE THING* and all will be well.
We have established that you have no concern as to quality-of-parts or for the source of those parts: You purchased relays in bulk and for cheap from eBay.
We have established that you are in that habit as well: dubious quality purchased as cheaply as possible.
We have established that your time is worth nothing to you. And by extension, nor is anyone else\'s time.
We have even tried to help - by suggesting that you not continue down a futile path attempting to resurrect a piece of junk, but to replace it with one more suitable to *your* purposes.
We even suggested that there is some risk attached to your process.

At this point, just go for it!
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Peter peter.. what are you REALLY saying here? It sounds like, \"Look at me I\'m schmart and you\'re not.\" Why do you think I took to the internet and ask what I should be looking for? Instead I get morons like you. Pretending to care about my health. In reality you just wanted to wave your old-man cane in the air.

This is what I would have done as \"Nice-Pete\".

\"Hey bud, I see you are looking at repairing a harbor Freight battery charger. In my experience the chargers will fail even if repaired and cost more money down the line. They can be repurposed for other things since they have such a large transformer in them but that\'s about it. If you are still seeking to repair it.. try these websites that offer insight into basic circuitry that can point you in the right directly. It\'s helped me in the past. Hope you have fun and be careful.\"

Instead I got a nosey prick with nothing better to do than to belittle someone else with less experience. Awww. Peter-weter. No no. Bad Petey. I\'m already getting good info on other forums. Now go away.

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 1:26:41 PM UTC-4, Edward Hernandez whined:
In reality you just wanted to wave your old-man cane in the air.

\"Hey bud, I see you are looking at repairing a harbor Freight battery charger. In my experience the chargers will fail even if repaired and cost more money down the line. They can be repurposed for other things since they have such a large transformer in them but that\'s about it. If you are still seeking to repair it.. try these websites that offer insight into basic circuitry that can point you in the right directly. It\'s helped me in the past. Hope you have fun and be careful.\"

Instead I got a nosey prick with nothing better to do than to belittle someone else with less experience. Awww. Peter-weter. No no. Bad Petey. I\'m already getting good info on other forums. Now go away.

At least you admit that Peter\'s original advice was sound, even if he didn\'t package it with the crayons and puppies you clearly need.

> At least you admit that Peter\'s original advice was sound, even if he didn\'t package it with the crayons and puppies you clearly need.

I would never do that to a puppy!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 12:42:03 PM UTC-5, ohg...@gmail.com wrote:

At least you admit that Peter\'s original advice was sound, even if he didn\'t package it with the crayons and puppies you clearly need.

Did I really admit anything? I guess we\'ll never know. My job here is done. Puppies would have been nice though.

XOXO

John-Del <ohger1s@gmail.com> wrote:

Instead I got a nosey prick with nothing better to do than to
belittle someone else with less experience. Awww. Peter-weter. No
no. Bad Petey. I\'m already getting good info on other forums. Now
go away.

At least you admit that Peter\'s original advice was sound, even if he
didn\'t package it with the crayons and puppies you clearly need.

Clearly Edward Hernandez is a self-entitled prick who thinks the world
revolves around him. If he were using a female sounding nickname he\'d
be an excelled example of a \'karen\'.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/karen/

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 2:17:20 PM UTC-5, Feather Duster wrote:
John-Del <ohg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Instead I got a nosey prick with nothing better to do than to
belittle someone else with less experience. Awww. Peter-weter. No
no. Bad Petey. I\'m already getting good info on other forums. Now
go away.

At least you admit that Peter\'s original advice was sound, even if he
didn\'t package it with the crayons and puppies you clearly need.
Clearly Edward Hernandez is a self-entitled prick who thinks the world
revolves around him. If he were using a female sounding nickname he\'d
be an excelled example of a \'karen\'.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/karen/

A Karen you say. Nice. So I ask for help, assholes post and provide none and I\'m the Karen. Come on, really. You\'re just upset that I won\'t stop posting. I will be the last one to post. I have time you see. Lots and lots of time. I\'ve already made progress on my lil charger but this post... I\'m still drawn to it. Something about you assholes just tickles me.

Many years ago, when we lived in a high-rise in NYC, we used a large laundry room on the ground floor of the building. It came to pass that we noticed that there was a gentleman who was very focused on getting the full use of his dryer time ($0.10 for ten (10) minutes in those days). We realized that for $0.60 per hour, we could hold him in that laundry room indefinitely. He would turn the heat down to \"Cool Air\" before he gave up *his* time.

You remind me of that individual.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

On Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 6:49:14 AM UTC-5, pfjw@aol.com wrote:
Many years ago, when we lived in a high-rise in NYC, we used a large laundry room on the ground floor of the building. It came to pass that we noticed that there was a gentleman who was very focused on getting the full use of his dryer time ($0.10 for ten (10) minutes in those days). We realized that for $0.60 per hour, we could hold him in that laundry room indefinitely.. He would turn the heat down to \"Cool Air\" before he gave up *his* time.

You remind me of that individual.
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Nice story pops. You know, I looked around a bit just on this group and noticed something. You two clowns have been at this comedy bit for over 20 years! Hahah. So I was right from the start about you two trolls. This gets better everyday.

On 10/21/20 8:10 AM, Edward Hernandez wrote:
You know, I looked around a bit just on this group and
noticed something. You two clowns have been at this
comedy bit for over 20 years!

Yeah, and assholes like you have come and gone, never to
be seen again.

--
\"I am a river to my people.\"
Jeff-1.0
WA6FWi
http:foxsmercantile.com

On Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 9:21:43 AM UTC-5, Fox\'s Mercantile wrote:
On 10/21/20 8:10 AM, Edward Hernandez wrote:
You know, I looked around a bit just on this group and
noticed something. You two clowns have been at this
comedy bit for over 20 years!
Yeah, and assholes like you have come and gone, never to
be seen again.
--
Jeff-1.0
WA6FWi

Lol. I get it. I\'ll eventually tire of this game, yes. I have real stuff todo after all but this is such a nice break. I really feel great. I mean, here we have like an old group of, forum pirates? It\'s sad and funny at the same time. I\'m like smiling ear to ear right now. Thank you! A buddy asked, \"Why even bother?\". They don\'t understand. This is like tapping on an ant farm. Watching the lil tiny animals buzz about. Trapped in their little enclosure. I was laughing so hard at some of your other posts. It\'s also like see an aging \"adult\" trying desperately to holding on to something. I don\'t know what.

Lol. Joy!

P.S. The more profanity you use the more neanderthal you become. Careful *Wink*.

Well, we do have you twirling like an Iranian centrifuge - and for one helluva lot less than $0.60/hour.

On Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 9:58:10 AM UTC-5, pfjw@aol.com wrote:
Well, we do have you twirling like an Iranian centrifuge - and for one helluva lot less than $0.60/hour.
A centrifuge? Aww, who\'s a clever boy?! You are! Yes you are!

Do better pete.

On Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 8:29:21 AM UTC-5, pfjw@aol.com wrote:
> BOO!

About time.

On 10/22/20 10:25 AM, Edward Hernandez wrote:
> About time.

So says the insufferable self entitled prick.

--
Jeff-1.0
WA6FWi

> So says the insufferable self entitled prick.

Too many words.

On 10/22/20 10:52 AM, pfjw@aol.com wrote:

Too many words.

How\'s this then, \"asshole.\"

--
Jeff-1.0
WA6FWi

On Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 10:49:33 AM UTC-5, Fox\'s Mercantile wrote:
On 10/22/20 10:25 AM, Edward Hernandez wrote:
About time.

--
Jeff-1.0
WA6FWi

Now now old fart, no need to get your panties in a bunch. hahah. I love the anger coming off of you. Fuels my soul. Thank you.

On Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 11:02:57 AM UTC-5, Fox\'s Mercantile wrote:
On 10/22/20 10:52 AM, pf...@aol.com wrote:

Too many words.

How\'s this then, \"asshole.\"
--
Jeff-1.0
WA6FWi

Snik baby, come on... come oooon. lol. Sigh good stuff.

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back