Two GPUs, one way more power efficient? How?...

J

Joel

Guest
\"Commander Kinsey\" <CK1@nospam.com> wrote:

I was wrong in thinking it would be OK to install one copy on two
computers. I have not been unclear about that. I learned from it.

You don\'t need to learn stealing is wrong. I don\'t care if I steal. A lot of people say it\'s wrong. But you don\'t make any sense. You once did it and now you don\'t. Are you a bad guy or not? And don\'t give me the I saw god and changed my ways bullshit.

At the time I attempted to do this, I didn\'t think of it as stealing
or piracy - I was wrong. I admitted that multiple times. I don\'t
know why you aren\'t hearing that.

Same reason you didn\'t? Practise what you preach you crazy religious nut.

That was 20 years ago, man. I did pay for Windows multiple times,
since then. You haven\'t.


And also admit that you\'re rubbish at piracy because you didn\'t get away with it and I did.

Oh, yes, I definitely admit being bad at piracy, because I don\'t trust
warez. Casual copying isn\'t quite the same thing, but I also haven\'t
done that in a long time. But as far as thinking that using warez is
somehow clever, I don\'t, I think it\'s risky at best.

It\'s never caused me any harm, so clearly you did it wrong.

No, I simply didn\'t do it *at all*. Downloading software in that
manner is *unsafe*. You have no idea what could be embedded in it.

I know exactly what\'s in it, there are things called virus checkers.

Is that 100% reliable?


But this is the point: Microsoft *does* know you pirated it. They\'re
tolerating it, but you can\'t claim to have somehow fooled them.

In MS\'s case perhaps, as their theory is to get people using pirated Windows at home and like it, then want to use it at work where they do enforce licensing.... But game and film manufacturers do not tolerate piracy in any way whatsoever. But they can\'t stop it.

That\'s an entirely different issue, though - media piracy doesn\'t have
*control of your computer*. Software, *especially* an operating
system, does.

You claim this, yet it\'s never happened. Probably because two wrongs don\'t make a right. In civilised countries (that\'s anywhere except the US), if you broke into my house and I killed you, I would be in the wrong too. In fact you\'d be in trouble for breaking and entering, and I\'d be in trouble for murder. So MS won\'t do that.

They want software pirates to use their products, but that could
always change. You have no guarantee of anything.

--
Joel Crump
 
C

Commander Kinsey

Guest
On Tue, 10 May 2022 03:10:00 +0100, Joel <joelcrump@gmail.com> wrote:

\"Commander Kinsey\" <CK1@nospam.com> wrote:

Of course it\'s [pirating Windows] victimless. Re-read what I wrote and use a calculator if necessary. \"If I changed to Linux, they\'d still get no money form me.\"

Then put your (lack of) money where your mouth is - switch to Linux.
But you won\'t do that, will you? You\'re just a shameless warezer.

I\'ve already explained to you that switching to Linux wouldn\'t profit MS, so why should I do it?

Because that would be the right thing to do, if you don\'t want to pay
for software.

It doesn\'t make MS richer. It has no impact on them at all. So what is gained by my switching? Don\'t tell me god\'s watching....

Nope, very few people, statistically speaking, do what I did [pay the retail price for Windows].

Because very few people are as stupid as you.

And again, insulting people who do the honorable thing. Utter stupidity.

Honourable. And yes it\'s stupid to do something that costs you money.

Nope, it\'s being honest.

Yes, MS is a poor company and all their employees would starve if you didn\'t buy it. So actually.... you\'d be better pirating windows and sending $200 to a worthwhile charity. Why don\'t you do this? Why don\'t you save someone\'s life?

Most people who assemble their own computers are buying resold product keys
from a third party, but I wouldn\'t be comfortable with that, even
though it\'s so cheap.

Apparently that\'s a bit naughty - the place I bought 100 of those from (for building machines for others) was told by Microsoft to \"please stop doing that\".

Good point, apparently I was right not to go that route.

Since the shop was not charged, it was just MS throwing it\'s weight around.

Sure, but I\'d still rather avoid such a scene.

Wimp.
 
C

Commander Kinsey

Guest
On Thu, 12 May 2022 14:31:17 +0100, Joel <joelcrump@gmail.com> wrote:

\"Commander Kinsey\" <CK1@nospam.com> wrote:

I was wrong in thinking it would be OK to install one copy on two
computers. I have not been unclear about that. I learned from it.

You don\'t need to learn stealing is wrong. I don\'t care if I steal. A lot of people say it\'s wrong. But you don\'t make any sense. You once did it and now you don\'t. Are you a bad guy or not? And don\'t give me the I saw god and changed my ways bullshit.

At the time I attempted to do this, I didn\'t think of it as stealing
or piracy - I was wrong. I admitted that multiple times. I don\'t
know why you aren\'t hearing that.

Same reason you didn\'t? Practise what you preach you crazy religious nut.

That was 20 years ago, man. I did pay for Windows multiple times,
since then. You haven\'t.

So did you change since you saw Jesus?

And also admit that you\'re rubbish at piracy because you didn\'t get away with it and I did.

Oh, yes, I definitely admit being bad at piracy, because I don\'t trust
warez. Casual copying isn\'t quite the same thing, but I also haven\'t
done that in a long time. But as far as thinking that using warez is
somehow clever, I don\'t, I think it\'s risky at best.

It\'s never caused me any harm, so clearly you did it wrong.

No, I simply didn\'t do it *at all*. Downloading software in that
manner is *unsafe*. You have no idea what could be embedded in it.

I know exactly what\'s in it, there are things called virus checkers.

Is that 100% reliable?

Enough.

But this is the point: Microsoft *does* know you pirated it. They\'re
tolerating it, but you can\'t claim to have somehow fooled them.

In MS\'s case perhaps, as their theory is to get people using pirated Windows at home and like it, then want to use it at work where they do enforce licensing.... But game and film manufacturers do not tolerate piracy in any way whatsoever. But they can\'t stop it.

That\'s an entirely different issue, though - media piracy doesn\'t have
*control of your computer*. Software, *especially* an operating
system, does.

You claim this, yet it\'s never happened. Probably because two wrongs don\'t make a right. In civilised countries (that\'s anywhere except the US), if you broke into my house and I killed you, I would be in the wrong too. In fact you\'d be in trouble for breaking and entering, and I\'d be in trouble for murder. So MS won\'t do that.

They want software pirates to use their products, but that could
always change. You have no guarantee of anything.

I know they won\'t do anything illegal against me.
 

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Top