Triple-well Device GF 130 nm

J

JM2000

Hi, I have a connection issue for a triple-well NFET device in GF 130 nm technology.

The device schematic symbol has the gate, drain, source, p-well, n-well, and p-substrate. The p-well is connected to my supply voltage, the n-well is connected to a biasing voltage Vb and the p-substrate is connected to ground. I am also ensuring that Vb and Vdd do not create a forward biased diode.

In the layout, I have no problem with connecting the gate, drain, source, and p-well as the contacts are generated from the source. The n-well I have no issue with either since there is an option for n-well contacts that are placed in the NW. My only issue is connecting the p-substrate to the device..

I have no clue how to make this connection. Using the simple RF NFET devices, I had no issue connecting the substrate since there is a substrate ring contact (body). But this is replaced in the triple-well device for the p-well contact (which is tied to Vdd).

Does anyone have experience with this device? And how to go about connecting the substrate contact? Do I have to isolate the device using "RX" and then make the connection to the ground? Thank you.

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back