The Biden Administration is winging it about electrification...

On Monday, August 8, 2022 at 8:28:18 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 12:36:51 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
On Sunday, August 7, 2022 at 11:37:12 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Monday, August 8, 2022 at 3:18:35 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
On Sunday, August 7, 2022 at 6:52:22 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Monday, August 8, 2022 at 11:03:46 AM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
On Sunday, August 7, 2022 at 3:14:35 PM UTC-7, rbowman wrote:
On 08/07/2022 03:25 PM, Flyguy wrote:

The ENTIRE POINT of this thread is that Joe Biden is using all means possible to outlaw carbon-fueled vehicles, but has NO PLAN (and certainly NO AUTHORITY) to expand and modernize the electrical grid to accommodate the EV vehicles that will replace them.
It wasn\'t the point when Gnatguy started it - he was fussed about the extra load on the grid when electric cars took over from gasoline-powered cars, and was much too dumb to know that people have been working that out - and publishing their conclusions - for ages.

I suspect that \"Hot, Flat and Crowded\"

https://www.thomaslfriedman.com/hot-flat-and-crowded-2-0/

originally published in 2008, went into that. I can\'t check my copy - it\'s still in the Netherlands.

No plan that Gnatguy can understand. Biden certainly seems to have a plan to boost the distribution grid.If he needs the authority he can ask congress to pass the appropriate legislation.

Hey Sloman, we all know that there is NO PLAN, including your addled brain.

Gnatguy generalises his own confusion to everybody else. If there\'s nothing there that he can understand, he\'s fatuously confident that there\'s nothing there than anybody could understand.
If you could find one - which you CAN\'T - you would be parading it around like your new outfit at a gay pride parade.

Why would I bother? I did actually post this link, which isn\'t talking about a plan, but rather the consultation that you\'d go through when putting one together.

https://www.energy.gov/oe/articles/doe-launches-new-initiative-president-bidens-bipartisan-infrastructure-law-modernize

Again, Sloman, we ALL KNOW that you are BLOWING SMOKE and can\'t find any such plan.

Gnatguy is confident that he knows what other people are doing. In practice he does seem to assume that they are as stupid as he is, which is very rarely true.

Hey SNIPPERMAN, until you produce the goods we all know you are just BLOVIATING!

If you had you would have posted it instead of making those PATHETIC, LAME EXCUSES!
So pathetic and lame that you snipped the rest of what I posted, rather than subjecting it to your laser-like analytical scrutiny.

In this particular case Gnatguy is complaining about Biden not having a plan, when Biden has enough sense to be working on setting up the consultations which would assemble the kind of expert opinions you\'d need to allow you to set up a sensible plan. Gnatguy doesn\'t see the necessity for that because he doesn\'t actually understand that the task is tolerably complicated - how could he?

LOL! So, SNIPPERMAN, so your phony story now is that Lyin\' Biden is WORKING on putting together a team that will work on putting a plan together!! That\'s RICH!!!

On Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 4:42:34 AM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:

<snip>

If you could find one - which you CAN\'T - you would be parading it around like your new outfit at a gay pride parade.

Why would I bother? I did actually post this link, which isn\'t talking about a plan, but rather the consultation that you\'d go through when putting one together.

https://www.energy.gov/oe/articles/doe-launches-new-initiative-president-bidens-bipartisan-infrastructure-law-modernize

Again, Sloman, we ALL KNOW that you are BLOWING SMOKE and can\'t find any such plan.

Gnatguy is confident that he knows what other people are doing. In practice he does seem to assume that they are as stupid as he is, which is very rarely true.

Hey Slomnan, until you produce the goods we all know you are just BLOVIATING!

Gnatguy bloviating again.

If you had you would have posted it instead of making those PATHETIC, LAME EXCUSES!

So pathetic and lame that you snipped the rest of what I posted, rather than subjecting it to your laser-like analytical scrutiny.

In this particular case Gnatguy is complaining about Biden not having a plan, when Biden has enough sense to be working on setting up the consultations which would assemble the kind of expert opinions you\'d need to allow you to set up a sensible plan. Gnatguy doesn\'t see the necessity for that because he doesn\'t actually understand that the task is tolerably complicated - how could he?

LOL! So, Sloman, so your phony story now is that Joe Biden is WORKING on putting together a team that will work on putting a plan together!!

That\'s what the link to the US Department of Energy web site says that they are doing. If you think that that website is phony, do tell us why.

>That\'s RICH!!!

Gnatguy can\'t see the point, and thinks that everybody else is equally brain-dead.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 5:53:51 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
snip

Hey Slomnan, until you produce the goods we all know you are just BLOVIATING!

SNIPPERMAN is at such a loss of words that he MUST USE MINE!!!!

LOL! So, Sloman, so your phony story now is that Joe Biden is WORKING on putting together a team that will work on putting a plan together!!

That\'s what the link to the US Department of Energy web site says that they are doing. If you think that that website is phony, do tell us why.

Hey SNIPPERMAN, this IS NOT a \"plan\" - it is just a wish list. So, YES, as a PLAN it is PHONY!
That\'s RICH!!!

Gnatguy can\'t see the point, and thinks that everybody else is equally brain-dead.

No, just YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 12:49:26 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
snip

Hey Sloman, until you produce the goods we all know you are just BLOVIATING!

Sloman is at such a loss of words that he MUST USE MINE!!!!

Gnatguy doesn\'t own the word \"bloviating\". He may have squatters rights.

Hey Sloman, this IS NOT a \"plan\" - it is just a wish list. So, YES, as a PLAN it is PHONY!

Gnatguy wants there to be a plan, and hasn\'t noticed that you need to have a well-defined problem before you can set up a plan to solve it.

First you work out exactly what you need to achieve, and then you can plan how you can do that. Gnatguy wants to skip the stages that he can\'t understand and get straight to the stage that he can understand - buying transformers and stringing up wires. Working out where you would need to put them is beyond him.

That\'s RICH!!!

Gnatguy is brain-dead enough to think that this his opinion is worth posting. This isn\'t really worth posting but Gnatguy will probably read it and enteratain us with an even more transparently stupid response.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

On Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 12:30:55 AM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
snip

....and out of tens of thousands you can\'t even think of one of your own!

Hey Sloman, this IS NOT a \"plan\" - it is just a wish list. So, YES, as a PLAN it is PHONY!

Gnatguy wants there to be a plan, and hasn\'t noticed that you need to have a well-defined problem before you can set up a plan to solve it.

Bozo Bill STILL can\'t find a plan from Lyin\' Biden and feels compelled to make excuses for the senile pervert.

First you work out exactly what you need to achieve, and then you can plan how you can do that. Gnatguy wants to skip the stages that he can\'t understand and get straight to the stage that he can understand - buying transformers and stringing up wires. Working out where you would need to put them is beyond him.

That\'s ALREADY been done, Bozo Bill. Go back and READ the references I provided.

That\'s RICH!!!

Gnatguy is brain-dead enough to think that this his opinion is worth posting. This isn\'t really worth posting but Gnatguy will probably read it and enteratain us with an even more transparently stupid response.

Hey Bozo Bill, YOU keep replying to MY posts. And you should READ your own posts - and fix the SPELLING ERRORS (virtually EVER ONE you post has at least one spelling error, not to speak of the irrational reasoning errors).

GnatTurd <stinky2day@yahoo.com> wrote in news:e46dc1e0-7333-4576-937b-
f5c6611701acn@googlegroups.com:

> virtually EVER ONE you post has at least one spelling error,

\"EVER ONE\"? Really?

Bwuahahahahahahaahah!

On Friday, August 12, 2022 at 8:29:07 AM UTC-7, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
GnatTurd <stink...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:e46dc1e0-7333-4576-937b-
f5c661...@googlegroups.com:
virtually EVER ONE you post has at least one spelling error,
\"EVER ONE\"? Really?

Bwuahahahahahahaahah!

Right - his last one was \"enteratain\"

On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 10:50:54 AM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
On Friday, August 12, 2022 at 8:29:07 AM UTC-7, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
GnatTurd <stink...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:e46dc1e0-7333-4576-937b-
f5c661...@googlegroups.com:
\"EVER ONE\"? Really?

Bwuahahahahahahaahah!

Right - his last one was \"enteratain\".

Both are typo\'s. Gnatguy doesn\'t seem to know that everybody makes typo\'s and gets excited when he finds one in somebody else\'s output, and doesn\'t check carefully enough to completely avoid posting them in his responses - but neither does anybody else.

He wasn\'t brave enough to single it out when he complained about it. He\'s not very bright, so he doesn\'t realise that he should have.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Flyguy <soar2morrow@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:2bcab769-7565-46b1-ae7f-0184a566936fn@googlegroups.com:

On Friday, August 12, 2022 at 8:29:07 AM UTC-7,
DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
GnatTurd <stink...@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:e46dc1e0-7333-4576-937b- f5c661...@googlegroups.com:
\"EVER ONE\"? Really?

Bwuahahahahahahaahah!

Right - his last one was \"enteratain\"

The \"ever one\" error was your error, idiot.

Goddamned spelling error crybaby?

God damn boy, grow the fuck up.

On Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 11:17:37 PM UTC-4, Flyguy wrote:
On Sunday, August 7, 2022 at 11:37:12 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee..org wrote:
snip

Gnatguy doesn\'t own the word \"bloviating\". He may have squatters rights..
...and out of tens of thousands you can\'t even think of one of your own!

That\'s what the link to the US Department of Energy web site says that they are doing. If you think that that website is phony, do tell us why..

Bozo Bill STILL can\'t find a plan from Lyin\' Biden and feels compelled to make excuses for the senile pervert.

That\'s ALREADY been done, Bozo Bill. Go back and READ the references I provided.
That\'s RICH!!!

Hey Bozo Bill, YOU keep replying to MY posts. And you should READ your own posts - and fix the SPELLING ERRORS (virtually EVER ONE you post has at least one spelling error, not to speak of the irrational reasoning errors).

You claim the typo was someone else\'s error, but here it is, clearly YOUR error. \"EVER ONE\" just above. See it? Your error.

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

On Monday, August 15, 2022 at 1:52:30 PM UTC-7, Ricky wrote:
On Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 11:17:37 PM UTC-4, Flyguy wrote:
snip

...and out of tens of thousands you can\'t even think of one of your own!

That\'s RICH!!!

Hey Bozo Bill, YOU keep replying to MY posts. And you should READ your own posts - and fix the SPELLING ERRORS (virtually EVER ONE you post has at least one spelling error, not to speak of the irrational reasoning errors)..
You claim the typo was someone else\'s error, but here it is, clearly YOUR error. \"EVER ONE\" just above. See it? Your error.

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

LOL! Bozo Bill can\'t even SPELL HIS OWN NAME!!

On Friday, August 19, 2022 at 10:07:01 AM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
On Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 9:58:53 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 1:00:43 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
On Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 7:54:56 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 12:10:38 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
On Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 5:05:23 AM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 3:21:55 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
On Monday, August 15, 2022 at 10:20:08 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Tuesday, August 16, 2022 at 6:47:55 AM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 7:22:44 AM UTC-7, bill.....@ieee.org wrote:
On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 10:49:30 AM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
On Friday, August 12, 2022 at 12:20:16 AM UTC-7, bill.....@ieee.org wrote:
On Friday, August 12, 2022 at 1:17:37 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:

<snip>

Bill couldn\'t describe a plan, so why do I expect him to understand what it takes to replace SIXTY PERCENT of the electrical grid in SEVEN YEARS???

Expanding the transmission network by 60% isn\'t replacing it, but supplementing it. You might get more capacity by running the existing network at a higher voltage, which would required replacing existing structures, but that\'s a choice. The real problem is that renewable energy is generated in places where you wouldn\'t put a coal fired generating plant, so you have to add transmission links to service the new generators.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/45/USA_electricity_production.svg

The US expanded its transmission network roughly this fast between 1950 and 2000. It should be able to do it again.

No, this IS NOT a plan.

Not one that you could understand. Since Gnatguy can\'t understand how dim he is, he does tend to assume that other people are just as stupid as he is.

Hey Bill, you sound like a broken record, and you are old enough to know what that means. A plan is a DETAILED roadmap on how the goals will be achieved;

That\'s what you eventually have to come up with. You do have to get pretty specific about what the goals are before you can start working out - in detail - how you are going to achieve them. I\'ve done enough project planning to know how the plan changes as you flesh it out.

> this abortion talks about \"engaging and collaborating\" - absolutely NO SPECIFICS. It would be like your boss asking for a plan for developing a new instrument and you replied that you would \"engage and collaborate\" with strangers.

Nobody would develop a new instrument until they had \"engaged and collaborated\" with the potential customers who were likely to buy it.

> Bottom line: this is NO PLAN WHATSOEVER!

Nothing that Gnatguy can comprehend to be any kind of plan. He clearly hasn\'t ever done any kind of project planning. I do seem to spend a lot of time reminding Gnatguy that he doesn\'t know what he is talking about. He might look at John Larkin\'s thought\'s about developing a DDS-based new trigger source to cover the frequencies between 15MHz and 1 Hz with milli-Herz resolution. Milli-Herz at 15MHz isn\'t going to be attainable, but it takes a while to prune out this kind of stuff, and if you start development before you\'ve done that pruning you can waste a lot of time

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

On Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 8:37:07 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 7:22:44 AM UTC-7, bill.....@ieee.org wrote:
On Friday, August 12, 2022 at 12:20:16 AM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:

snip
Bill couldn\'t describe a plan, so why do I expect him to understand what it takes to replace SIXTY PERCENT of the electrical grid in SEVEN YEARS???

Expanding the transmission network by 60% isn\'t replacing it, but supplementing it. You might get more capacity by running the existing network at a higher voltage, which would required replacing existing structures, but that\'s a choice. The real problem is that renewable energy is generated in places where you wouldn\'t put a coal fired generating plant, so you have to add transmission links to service the new generators.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/45/USA_electricity_production.svg

The US expanded its transmission network roughly this fast between 1950 and 2000. It should be able to do it again.

No, this IS NOT a plan.

Not one that you could understand. Since Gnatguy can\'t understand how dim he is, he does tend to assume that other people are just as stupid as he is.

Hey Bill, you sound like a broken record, and you are old enough to know what that means. A plan is a DETAILED roadmap on how the goals will be achieved;

That\'s what you eventually have to come up with. You do have to get pretty specific about what the goals are before you can start working out - in detail - how you are going to achieve them. I\'ve done enough project planning to know how the plan changes as you flesh it out.
this abortion talks about \"engaging and collaborating\" - absolutely NO SPECIFICS. It would be like your boss asking for a plan for developing a new instrument and you replied that you would \"engage and collaborate\" with strangers.
Nobody would develop a new instrument until they had \"engaged and collaborated\" with the potential customers who were likely to buy it.
Bottom line: this is NO PLAN WHATSOEVER!
Nothing that Gnatguy can comprehend to be any kind of plan. He clearly hasn\'t ever done any kind of project planning. I do seem to spend a lot of time reminding Gnatguy that he doesn\'t know what he is talking about. He might look at John Larkin\'s thought\'s about developing a DDS-based new trigger source to cover the frequencies between 15MHz and 1 Hz with milli-Herz resolution. Milli-Herz at 15MHz isn\'t going to be attainable, but it takes a while to prune out this kind of stuff, and if you start development before you\'ve done that pruning you can waste a lot of time

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Hey Bozo Bill, TRY AGAIN! You just make excuses for these poor bastards. Tell me, SPECIFICALLY, how this \"plan\" will replace SIXTY PERCENT of the grid in JUST SEVEN YEARS!!! And don\'t reply with how I don\'t \"understand\" this bullshit.

On Friday, August 19, 2022 at 2:44:08 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 7:22:44 AM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:

snip

No, this IS NOT a plan.

this abortion talks about \"engaging and collaborating\" - absolutely NO SPECIFICS. It would be like your boss asking for a plan for developing a new instrument and you replied that you would \"engage and collaborate\" with strangers.

Hey Bill, TRY AGAIN! You just make excuses for these poor bastards. Tell me, SPECIFICALLY, how this \"plan\" will replace SIXTY PERCENT of the grid in JUST SEVEN YEARS!!! And don\'t reply with how I don\'t \"understand\" this bullshit.

But you don\'t understand. For as start, the aim is to expand the network by 60%, not replace 60% it, and part of the problem is to work out where that extra capacity needs to be put. You can scarcely plan new construction until you have worked out where that new construction is going to be put. The bullshit here is all yours.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

On Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 10:01:18 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Monday, August 15, 2022 at 10:20:08 PM UTC-7, bill.....@ieee.org wrote:

snip

No, this IS NOT a plan.

Hey Bill, TRY AGAIN! You just make excuses for these poor bastards. Tell me, SPECIFICALLY, how this \"plan\" will replace SIXTY PERCENT of the grid in JUST SEVEN YEARS!!! And don\'t reply with how I don\'t \"understand\" this bullshit.

But you don\'t understand. For as start, the aim is to expand the network by 60%, not replace 60% it, and part of the problem is to work out where that extra capacity needs to be put. You can scarcely plan new construction until you have worked out where that new construction is going to be put. The bullshit here is all yours.

--
Bozo Bill Sloman, Sydney

Hey Bozo, explain how they are going to do ANYTHING of this magnitude in SEVEN YEARS W/O a PLAN? Do you have ANY concept of what it takes to put in a new transmission line?? Obviously not - this one-pager IS NOT A PLAN, you BOZO!!!!! Lyin\' Biden is merely blowing smoke - he has NO AUTHORITY to do ANYTHING, and he is not even TRYING to get the authority from Congress. Are you TOO DUMB to understand this?????

BTW \"For as start\" is grammatically incorrect.

On Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 10:13:56 PM UTC-7, Flyguy wrote:

> ...explain how they are going to do ANYTHING of this magnitude in SEVEN YEARS W/O a PLAN?

That\'s a contradiction in terms, isn\'t it? Deeds of great magnitude, over a period of seven years,
IS a plan, with details to be worked out... presumably, in the next seven years.

On Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 11:22:05 PM UTC-7, whit3rd wrote:

...explain how they are going to do ANYTHING of this magnitude in SEVEN YEARS W/O a PLAN?

That\'s a contradiction in terms, isn\'t it? Deeds of great magnitude, over a period of seven years,
IS a plan, with details to be worked out... presumably, in the next seven years.

Here are two questions for the wishful thinkers:
1. How many miles of electrical transmission wires are there in the U.S.?
2. How many miles PER DAY is required to add 60% more capacity in SEVEN years?
Anybody who thinks there is a plan to do this SHOULD be able to answer these two simple questions.

On Friday, August 19, 2022 at 9:44:37 AM UTC-7, Flyguy wrote:

...explain how they are going to do ANYTHING of this magnitude in SEVEN YEARS W/O a PLAN?

2. How many miles PER DAY is required to add 60% more capacity in SEVEN years?
Anybody who thinks there is a plan to do this SHOULD be able to answer these two simple questions.

Yes, you should expect that answer, about 19 August, 2029. If anyone cares to address
the odd question you pose, that is.

On Friday, August 19, 2022 at 3:13:56 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
On Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 10:01:18 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 5:05:23 AM UTC-7, bill.....@ieee.org wrote:
On Monday, August 15, 2022 at 10:20:08 PM UTC-7, bill.....@ieee.org wrote:

snip

No, this IS NOT a plan.

But you don\'t understand. For a start, the aim is to expand the network by 60%, not replace 60% it, and part of the problem is to work out where that extra capacity needs to be put. You can scarcely plan new construction until you have worked out where that new construction is going to be put. The bullshit here is all yours.

Hey Bozo, explain how they are going to do ANYTHING of this magnitude in SEVEN YEARS W/O a PLAN?

Who said they haven\' t got a plan. Your complaint is that they haven\'t got a detailed plan, which just reflects you incapacity to understand what needs to be worked out before you can get to detailed planning.

> Do you have ANY concept of what it takes to put in a new transmission line??

I drive past above-ground transmission lines from time to time, and see the large mechanical structures that support the wires that I can see, and can infer the blocks of concrete that serve as the foundations for each the towers along the line. What specialised concepts do i need to add? The high-voltage step-up at the generator end of the line, and step-down gear at the the distribution points?

> Obviously not - this one-pager IS NOT A PLAN, you BOZO!!!!!

Obviously not. It is a publicity puff about the early stages of developing a plan. You are the kind of idiot that thinks you can churn out a detailed plan to solve a problem before you\'ve worked out the fine details of the problem you need to solve - and don\'t have clue about what it\'s components would look like, but still think is is worth your while to complain that you can\'t see that detailed plan, even though it wouldn\'t mean a thing to you.

> Joe Biden is merely blowing smoke - he has NO AUTHORITY to do ANYTHING, and he is not even TRYING to get the authority from Congress. Are you TOO DUMB to understand this?????

I\'d have to be pretty dumb to think that the President of the United States didn\'t have the authority to push for the

https://www.whitehouse.gov/bipartisan-infrastructure-law/

which has just been enacted. You\'ve got to be even dumber not to have noticed that he did managed to get it passed into law.

It doesn\'t spell out the work that needs to be done in the kind of fine detail that you imagine to be necessary, but that\'s reality to for you. Not for you of course, because you\'ve got no access to reality at all. Fox News is a close to it as you ever get.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

On Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 2:44:37 AM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:

How long is a piece of string? What kind of electrical transmission wires do you wan to count? Does the wire wrapped around the core of an electrical distribution transformers have to be unrolled and its length added to the total?

You do need to formulate your questions more carefully.

> 2. How many miles PER DAY is required to add 60% more capacity in SEVEN years?

If you just upped the transmission voltage by 60%, none. The existing wires probably aren\'t well enough insulated to let you do that, but this is enough to make the point that you don\'t know what you are talking about.

> Anybody who thinks there is a plan to do this SHOULD be able to answer these two simple questions.

Anybody who expects an answer needs to pose his question more carefully.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back