speech pathology test...

S

server

Guest
One of these shapes is a booba and one is a kiki. Which is which?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rislqmi8droej4m/Shapes.jpg?raw=1



--

I yam what I yam - Popeye
 
J

Jim Whitby

Guest
On Sun, 16 Jan 2022 14:08:15 -0800, jlarkin wrote:

One of these shapes is a booba and one is a kiki. Which is which?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rislqmi8droej4m/Shapes.jpg?raw=1

The kiki has the spikes.
 
L

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Guest
mandag den 17. januar 2022 kl. 00.52.05 UTC+1 skrev Jim Whitby:
On Sun, 16 Jan 2022 14:08:15 -0800, jlarkin wrote:

One of these shapes is a booba and one is a kiki. Which is which?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rislqmi8droej4m/Shapes.jpg?raw=1
The kiki has the spikes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bouba/kiki_effect
 
P

Phil Allison

Guest
jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
=================================
One of these shapes is a booba and one is a kiki. Which is which?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rislqmi8droej4m/Shapes.jpg?raw=1


** That is not much related to your heading.

The word \" onomatopoeia \" refers to words the mimic sounds.
Bang, crash, ting, boom etc.
Everyone gets that, no problem - right?

Then tell me why many musicians I come across have no idea what the words \" hum\", \" hiss \" and \" buzz\" refer to ?
They all use the term \"noise\" but cannot go further.



..... Phil
 
S

server

Guest
On Sun, 16 Jan 2022 16:25:46 -0800 (PST), Phil Allison
<pallison49@gmail.com> wrote:

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
=================================

One of these shapes is a booba and one is a kiki. Which is which?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rislqmi8droej4m/Shapes.jpg?raw=1


** That is not much related to your heading.

But it is a speech pathology test. I actually know a speech
pathologist.



--

I yam what I yam - Popeye
 
L

legg

Guest
On Sun, 16 Jan 2022 14:08:15 -0800, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com
wrote:

One of these shapes is a booba and one is a kiki. Which is which?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rislqmi8droej4m/Shapes.jpg?raw=1

Why a word? Why not just a consonant or a vowel? Fricative.
Sibilant. Tone. Musical note.

Circle. Square. etc.

A word or scribbled figure is just too big a step.

RL
 
P

Phil Allison

Guest
jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
=================================
One of these shapes is a booba and one is a kiki. Which is which?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rislqmi8droej4m/Shapes.jpg?raw=1


** That is not much related to your heading.

But it is a speech pathology test.

** Really - do tell....

> I actually know a speech pathologist.

** JL\'s wife has just become the \" absent expert \".

FYI to all:

Audiophools ( nearly all male) regularly cite the *alleged* opinions of absent female partners to \" prove \" the existence of non existent audible differences. IMO the phenomenon needs a name.

Perhaps the \" My Darling \" effect ?


...... Phil
 
P

Phil Allison

Guest
legg wrote:
========
One of these shapes is a booba and one is a kiki. Which is which?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rislqmi8droej4m/Shapes.jpg?raw=1

Why a word?

** Cos words have meanings.

Why not just a consonant or a vowel? Fricative.
Sibilant. Tone. Musical note.

** Which don\'t.

> A word or scribbled figure is just too big a step.

** Association of shape with a carefully picked and *suggested* word is not so strange.

A \" Rorschach test\" is a bit similar.


...... Phil
 
J

Jeff Layman

Guest
On 16/01/2022 22:08, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
One of these shapes is a booba and one is a kiki. Which is which?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rislqmi8droej4m/Shapes.jpg?raw=1

\"Pathology\"? Don\'t you mean \"psychology\"?

--

Jeff
 
P

Phil Allison

Guest
Jeff Layman wrote:
================
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rislqmi8droej4m/Shapes.jpg?raw=1

\"Pathology\"? Don\'t you mean \"psychology\"?

** Yep, no speech disability involved in the test JL posted.


...... Phil
 
R

Rick C

Guest
On Sunday, January 16, 2022 at 7:25:50 PM UTC-5, palli...@gmail.com wrote:
jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
================================
One of these shapes is a booba and one is a kiki. Which is which?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rislqmi8droej4m/Shapes.jpg?raw=1


** That is not much related to your heading.

The word \" onomatopoeia \" refers to words the mimic sounds.
Bang, crash, ting, boom etc.
Everyone gets that, no problem - right?

Then tell me why many musicians I come across have no idea what the words \" hum\", \" hiss \" and \" buzz\" refer to ?
They all use the term \"noise\" but cannot go further.

Perhaps a similar matter as groups that only count, 1, 2, many. If the sound is not music, they don\'t care what it sounds like. If it\'s not the sounds they are trying to make, it is an evil sound. Why do they need to know more about than that in their mind?

I can see why you would not be able to appreciate that.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
 
P

Phil Allison

Guest
gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:
===========================
The word \" onomatopoeia \" refers to words the mimic sounds.
Bang, crash, ting, boom etc.
Everyone gets that, no problem - right?

Then tell me why many musicians I come across have no idea what the words \" hum\", \" hiss \" and \" buzz\" refer to ?
They all use the term \"noise\" but cannot go further.
Perhaps a similar matter as groups that only count, 1, 2, many.

** Hum, hiss and buzz are *everyday* words.
Singers may hum, snakes hiss and bees buzz.

> If the sound is not music, they don\'t care what it sounds like.

** Caring and not having a fucking clue are nothing like the same.

Obvious to almost anyone, but 100% incomprehensible to a brain fucked, autistic moron like you.

FFS:

Get cancer die a horrible death you vile POS.




....... Phil
 
P

Phil Hobbs

Guest
Phil Allison wrote:
jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
=================================

One of these shapes is a booba and one is a kiki. Which is which?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rislqmi8droej4m/Shapes.jpg?raw=1


** That is not much related to your heading.

The word \" onomatopoeia \" refers to words the mimic sounds.
Bang, crash, ting, boom etc.
Everyone gets that, no problem - right?

Then tell me why many musicians I come across have no idea what the words \" hum\", \" hiss \" and \" buzz\" refer to ?
They all use the term \"noise\" but cannot go further.

Fried brains? If they\'re any good at it, it\'s unlikely to be their
ears. (Not too many Beethovens out there< I don\'t suppose.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs
 
S

server

Guest
On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 07:41:59 +0000, Jeff Layman
<jmlayman@invalid.invalid> wrote:

On 16/01/2022 22:08, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
One of these shapes is a booba and one is a kiki. Which is which?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rislqmi8droej4m/Shapes.jpg?raw=1

\"Pathology\"? Don\'t you mean \"psychology\"?

The little quiz was presented to me by a speech pathologist. She works
with all kinds of speech problems, including verbal apraxia, which is
correlated to a nonstandard or nonresponsive reaction to the kiki
booba test. Most people instantly say jagged=kiki. I thought it was an
interesting neural path.

She also deals with errors of kinesthesis, knowing where your body
parts are.

Does anyone here have synesthesia? What sounds and colors are a
schematic?

Lots of engineers stutter. That must mean something. Great movie, \"The
King\'s Speech.\"




--

I yam what I yam - Popeye
 
P

Phil Hobbs

Guest
jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 07:41:59 +0000, Jeff Layman
jmlayman@invalid.invalid> wrote:

On 16/01/2022 22:08, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
One of these shapes is a booba and one is a kiki. Which is which?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rislqmi8droej4m/Shapes.jpg?raw=1

\"Pathology\"? Don\'t you mean \"psychology\"?

The little quiz was presented to me by a speech pathologist. She works
with all kinds of speech problems, including verbal apraxia, which is
correlated to a nonstandard or nonresponsive reaction to the kiki
booba test. Most people instantly say jagged=kiki. I thought it was an
interesting neural path.

She also deals with errors of kinesthesis, knowing where your body
parts are.

Does anyone here have synesthesia? What sounds and colors are a
schematic?

One of my sisters had a bad case of dyslexia as a kid--she couldn\'t
spell for beans. All on her own, as a young teenager she taught herself
to spell using coloured crayons, which matched her colour impression of
words. The patterning worked--she now spells very well.

(She was also helped by a speech pathologist.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC / Hobbs ElectroOptics
Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
 
L

legg

Guest
On Sun, 16 Jan 2022 17:10:03 -0800 (PST), Phil Allison
<pallison49@gmail.com> wrote:

legg wrote:
========

One of these shapes is a booba and one is a kiki. Which is which?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rislqmi8droej4m/Shapes.jpg?raw=1

Why a word?

** Cos words have meanings.

This test specifically employs meaningless words.

The test is applied to any/all language speakers.

Why not just a consonant or a vowel? Fricative.
Sibilant. Tone. Musical note.

** Which don\'t.

A word or scribbled figure is just too big a step.

** Association of shape with a carefully picked and *suggested* word is not so strange.

A \" Rorschach test\" is a bit similar.


..... Phil

Rorschach is image-to-image corelation.

RL
 
S

server

Guest
On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 11:11:48 -0500, Phil Hobbs
<pcdhSpamMeSenseless@electrooptical.net> wrote:

jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 07:41:59 +0000, Jeff Layman
jmlayman@invalid.invalid> wrote:

On 16/01/2022 22:08, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
One of these shapes is a booba and one is a kiki. Which is which?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rislqmi8droej4m/Shapes.jpg?raw=1

\"Pathology\"? Don\'t you mean \"psychology\"?

The little quiz was presented to me by a speech pathologist. She works
with all kinds of speech problems, including verbal apraxia, which is
correlated to a nonstandard or nonresponsive reaction to the kiki
booba test. Most people instantly say jagged=kiki. I thought it was an
interesting neural path.

She also deals with errors of kinesthesis, knowing where your body
parts are.

Does anyone here have synesthesia? What sounds and colors are a
schematic?

One of my sisters had a bad case of dyslexia as a kid--she couldn\'t
spell for beans. All on her own, as a young teenager she taught herself
to spell using coloured crayons, which matched her colour impression of
words. The patterning worked--she now spells very well.

(She was also helped by a speech pathologist.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

I wish PADS would let me use colors on a schematic.

I can color layers and nets/power pours in the PCB layout program,
which really helps.

Hey, just realized after all these years, I could assign a color to
nets/traces that need impedance control, or fat traces, for my layout
people.



--

I yam what I yam - Popeye
 
P

Phil Hobbs

Guest
jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 11:11:48 -0500, Phil Hobbs
pcdhSpamMeSenseless@electrooptical.net> wrote:

jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 07:41:59 +0000, Jeff Layman
jmlayman@invalid.invalid> wrote:

On 16/01/2022 22:08, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
One of these shapes is a booba and one is a kiki. Which is which?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rislqmi8droej4m/Shapes.jpg?raw=1

\"Pathology\"? Don\'t you mean \"psychology\"?

The little quiz was presented to me by a speech pathologist. She works
with all kinds of speech problems, including verbal apraxia, which is
correlated to a nonstandard or nonresponsive reaction to the kiki
booba test. Most people instantly say jagged=kiki. I thought it was an
interesting neural path.

She also deals with errors of kinesthesis, knowing where your body
parts are.

Does anyone here have synesthesia? What sounds and colors are a
schematic?

One of my sisters had a bad case of dyslexia as a kid--she couldn\'t
spell for beans. All on her own, as a young teenager she taught herself
to spell using coloured crayons, which matched her colour impression of
words. The patterning worked--she now spells very well.

(She was also helped by a speech pathologist.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

I wish PADS would let me use colors on a schematic.

I can color layers and nets/power pours in the PCB layout program,
which really helps.

Hey, just realized after all these years, I could assign a color to
nets/traces that need impedance control, or fat traces, for my layout
people.

We do that on the CAD schematics using highlighters. For instance,
traces that need to be Faraday-caged, e.g. inside SMPSes, get \"the pink
treatment\", named after the highlight colour.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC / Hobbs ElectroOptics
Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
 
P

Phil Allison

Guest
legg is a brainless fool wrote:
===========================
One of these shapes is a booba and one is a kiki. Which is which?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rislqmi8droej4m/Shapes.jpg?raw=1

Why a word?

** Cos words have meanings.

This test specifically employs meaningless words.

** But words have meanings.
The test is applied to any/all language speakers.

** In all languages.


Why not just a consonant or a vowel? Fricative.
Sibilant. Tone. Musical note.

** Which don\'t.

** The idiot still does not get it.

** Association of shape with a carefully picked and *suggested* word is not so strange.

A \" Rorschach test\" is a bit similar.

Rorschach is image-to-image corelation.

** No it fucking is not.

....... Phil
 
J

John Miles, KE5FX

Guest
On Sunday, January 16, 2022 at 2:08:26 PM UTC-8, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> One of these shapes is a booba and one is a kiki. Which is which?

Dogs solve differential equations when they catch Frisbees, so
it\'s not TOO surprising that people subconsciously associate
2D Fourier transforms on images with 1D transforms on sounds.

-- john, KE5FX
 

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Top