Shivaki SV-M22N VHS cassette player, no instructionss manual, no remote....

G

georgewbell

Good Afternoon all. The VHS player above is at least 25 years old and I can\'t find instructions or a remote for it. I owned it when I was in Abu Dhabi in the 70\'s and I have at least a hundred cassettes that I copied from what television services existed then. Some of these tapes are almost perfect and are extremely interesting, with only the subtitles being in Arabic I would rather have English, of course.

Sometimes, the screen is almost perfect but then for another program on the same cassette., it is covered with \"snow\" with a concentration in the center of the screen when it is at its worst. There is nothing wrong with the tapes in this case, but it may be that it needs to be switched to a different standard or tape speed. There are only a few basic controls and this could be a feature of the remote control setting it up and the handbook to help do this.

I cannot find any user manual and all the remotes are for other machines. Can anyone help like someone who had one and kept the old manual and remote, Please?

I have over 100 tapes that I am trying to evaluate, but this is a very basic problem that is telling me that the only cause is the absence of these spare parts. It is a lovely little device, looks hardly used inside and could give years of service still. I think that most of my tapes were created on other make recorders.

Thanks for any help. Happy New year to all
George Bell.

I suggest you try for an Universal Remote: https://www.google.com/search?q=universal+vhs+remote&oq=Universal+VHS+remote&aqs=chrome.0.0i512j0i22i30.19803j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 and see if that gives you what you need. Given that you purchased the unit in the UAE, are the tapes in an non-US format such as PAL, PAL2 or SECAM such that you cannot use a standard VHS/VCR? Even these days, such are available new, and you may be able to get a Universal device - and perhaps even transfer them to DVDs.

Best of luck!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

On 2022/01/01 3:37 p.m., georgewbell wrote:
Good Afternoon all. The VHS player above is at least 25 years old and I can\'t find instructions or a remote for it. I owned it when I was in Abu Dhabi in the 70\'s and I have at least a hundred cassettes that I copied from what television services existed then. Some of these tapes are almost perfect and are extremely interesting, with only the subtitles being in Arabic I would rather have English, of course.

Sometimes, the screen is almost perfect but then for another program on the same cassette., it is covered with \"snow\" with a concentration in the center of the screen when it is at its worst. There is nothing wrong with the tapes in this case, but it may be that it needs to be switched to a different standard or tape speed. There are only a few basic controls and this could be a feature of the remote control setting it up and the handbook to help do this.

I cannot find any user manual and all the remotes are for other machines. Can anyone help like someone who had one and kept the old manual and remote, Please?

I have over 100 tapes that I am trying to evaluate, but this is a very basic problem that is telling me that the only cause is the absence of these spare parts. It is a lovely little device, looks hardly used inside and could give years of service still. I think that most of my tapes were created on other make recorders.

Thanks for any help. Happy New year to all
George Bell.

AIR there used to be an adjustment on the front of early video tape
players that allowed you to shift the read timing (I think) slightly and
this could reduce or eliminate the snow. However I don\'t recall seeing
it on 90s and later video tape machines...

John :-#)#
--
(Please post followups or tech inquiries to the USENET newsgroup)
John\'s Jukes Ltd.
MOVED to #7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
\"Old pinballers never die, they just flip out.\"

Hello George,I have all what you are looking for. I bought that Shivaki,M22N, in Dubai ,in 2000)))
Contact me, please if you didn\'t solve the problem)) cheers,Lana

--
For full context, visit https://www.electrondepot.com/repair/shivaki-sv-m22n-vhs-cassette-player-no-instructionss-m-3296358-.htm

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back