Welcome Notice

Register Log in

RF HEMT SPICE model...

A

amal banerjee

Guest
Could some electronics guru here help me ? I am looking for
SPICE models fpr RF HEMTs. All the HEMT SPICE models freely
avialable(e.g., from Tramsphorm( are for power HEMTs, not RF
HEMTs. Any hints, suggestions would be of immense help.
Thanks in advance.
 
S

server

Guest
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 01:49:50 -0800 (PST), amal banerjee
<dakupoto@gmail.com> wrote:

Could some electronics guru here help me ? I am looking for
SPICE models fpr RF HEMTs. All the HEMT SPICE models freely
avialable(e.g., from Tramsphorm( are for power HEMTs, not RF
HEMTs. Any hints, suggestions would be of immense help.
Thanks in advance.
Phil Hobbs did a model for the MiniCircuits SAV-551, which LT Spice
treats as a mesfet on a schematic. I modified it a bit for the
SAV-541. These models seem useful as regards DC and capacitance, but
didn\'t include wirebond inductance. I can dig those models up if it
would help. I think that Phil posted his 551 model here.

The RF boys avoid supplying Spice models. They are mostly stuck in the
ancient S-parameter tradition... useless for biasing and
wideband/nonlinear applications. Nobody specs Rds-on for RF
transistors!

Mini-Circuits was emphatic that they would NEVER have Spice models.
Dinosaurs.

Are you working classic RF or switching or something? We use them very
off-label in time domain.



--

Father Brown\'s figure remained quite dark and still;
but in that instant he had lost his head. His head was
always most valuable when he had lost it.
 
A

amal banerjee

Guest
On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 8:14:26 PM UTC+5:30, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 01:49:50 -0800 (PST), amal banerjee
daku...@gmail.com> wrote:

Could some electronics guru here help me ? I am looking for
SPICE models fpr RF HEMTs. All the HEMT SPICE models freely
avialable(e.g., from Tramsphorm( are for power HEMTs, not RF
HEMTs. Any hints, suggestions would be of immense help.
Thanks in advance.
Phil Hobbs did a model for the MiniCircuits SAV-551, which LT Spice
treats as a mesfet on a schematic. I modified it a bit for the
SAV-541. These models seem useful as regards DC and capacitance, but
didn\'t include wirebond inductance. I can dig those models up if it
would help. I think that Phil posted his 551 model here.

The RF boys avoid supplying Spice models. They are mostly stuck in the
ancient S-parameter tradition... useless for biasing and
wideband/nonlinear applications. Nobody specs Rds-on for RF
transistors!

Mini-Circuits was emphatic that they would NEVER have Spice models.
Dinosaurs.

Are you working classic RF or switching or something? We use them very
off-label in time domain.



--

Father Brown\'s figure remained quite dark and still;
but in that instant he had lost his head. His head was
always most valuable when he had lost it.
I work with RF amplifiers, filters etc., We do a LOT of Spice simulations, and so far the VBIC-BJT transistors have served us well. However, resently there has been a lot of buzz about GaN RF transistors, and we would like to try them out. I have Spice behavorial models of GaN RG transistors tht allow creating Yds vs. Vgs curves and so forth, but we are after the real large signa; models that will allow the simulayoon of amplifiers, etc.,
A good friend of mine, who works in the Dallas Telecom Alley area tells me that a number of GaN RF trasistor manufacturers(Cree, Triquint, Qorvo etc.,) have joined the CMC)Compact Modelling Consortium) and have teamed up with the CAD tool manufacturers as Microwave Office AWR and ADS to get a choke hold on this market. Consequently, the useless small signal S parameters are available, not the key large signal Spice models. That is why I asked here.
 
S

server

Guest
On Tue, 7 Dec 2021 04:22:13 -0800 (PST), amal banerjee
<dakupoto@gmail.com> wrote:

On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 8:14:26 PM UTC+5:30, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 01:49:50 -0800 (PST), amal banerjee
daku...@gmail.com> wrote:

Could some electronics guru here help me ? I am looking for
SPICE models fpr RF HEMTs. All the HEMT SPICE models freely
avialable(e.g., from Tramsphorm( are for power HEMTs, not RF
HEMTs. Any hints, suggestions would be of immense help.
Thanks in advance.
Phil Hobbs did a model for the MiniCircuits SAV-551, which LT Spice
treats as a mesfet on a schematic. I modified it a bit for the
SAV-541. These models seem useful as regards DC and capacitance, but
didn\'t include wirebond inductance. I can dig those models up if it
would help. I think that Phil posted his 551 model here.

The RF boys avoid supplying Spice models. They are mostly stuck in the
ancient S-parameter tradition... useless for biasing and
wideband/nonlinear applications. Nobody specs Rds-on for RF
transistors!

Mini-Circuits was emphatic that they would NEVER have Spice models.
Dinosaurs.

Are you working classic RF or switching or something? We use them very
off-label in time domain.



--

Father Brown\'s figure remained quite dark and still;
but in that instant he had lost his head. His head was
always most valuable when he had lost it.
I work with RF amplifiers, filters etc., We do a LOT of Spice simulations, and so far the VBIC-BJT transistors have served us well. However, resently there has been a lot of buzz about GaN RF transistors, and we would like to try them out. I have Spice behavorial models of GaN RG transistors tht allow creating Yds vs. Vgs curves and so forth, but we are after the real large signa; models that will allow the simulayoon of amplifiers, etc.,
A good friend of mine, who works in the Dallas Telecom Alley area tells me that a number of GaN RF trasistor manufacturers(Cree, Triquint, Qorvo etc.,) have joined the CMC)Compact Modelling Consortium) and have teamed up with the CAD tool manufacturers as Microwave Office AWR and ADS to get a choke hold on this market. Consequently, the useless small signal S parameters are available, not the key large signal Spice models. That is why I asked here.
The EPC bga GaN fets are intended for wall-wart type stuff, but they
are cheap and crazy fast so should be good for modest levels of RF
power. We use them as fast pulse generator output stages. EPC has a
Spice library and some LT Spice examples.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s51w4tntlep6lp1/T577_50V.JPG?raw=1

That\'s 25 volts into a 50 ohm load, from a 50 volt supply.



--

Father Brown\'s figure remained quite dark and still;
but in that instant he had lost his head. His head was
always most valuable when he had lost it.
 
Toggle Sidebar

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Top