Product Evaluation HA !

J

Jeff Urban

Got these resistors. My dude picked them up somewhere, 1K Âź watt Dales.. Little brown things.

The ALL read like 1.001K, some 1.002. So that is why the were cheap. Well actually I can live with that.

Anyway, our "quality control" testing included, after a few pints and tokes, a thermal characteristic test. Taking an average specimen and clipping it to the measuring device was adequate and then I put my butane lighter under it. Now I figure a Zippo is less suitable for this because of it having more hydrocarbons in the flue.

If they were to accumulate on the body they could reach 1 microSeimens which would affect the reading to 1/1,000 + 1/1,000,000 to get ohms. something like that.

So I am holding the lighter and we are both watching the Fluke. After a bit the resistor caught o fire.

That MFer still read 1.001K.

"I think it passed".

Jeff Urban <jurb6006@gmail.com> wrote:
Got these resistors. My dude picked them up somewhere, 1K ?? watt Dales. Little brown things.

The ALL read like 1.001K, some 1.002. So that is why the were cheap. Well actually I can live with that.

What tolerate were these? From the armchair perspective, the lack of
1.000k sounds like those were binned out and sold as tigher tolerace.

Anyway, our "quality control" testing included, after a few pints and tokes, a thermal characteristic test. Taking an average specimen and clipping it to the measuring device was adequate and then I put my butane lighter under it. Now I figure a Zippo is less suitable for this because of it having more hydrocarbons in the flue.

If they were to accumulate on the body they could reach 1 microSeimens which would affect the reading to 1/1,000 + 1/1,000,000 to get ohms. something like that.

So I am holding the lighter and we are both watching the Fluke. After a bit the resistor caught o fire.

That MFer still read 1.001K.

"I think it passed".

What are some other real life tests folks use to qualify components
outside of the standard boring stuff on a datasheet? For example an
assembled board can pass all tests, but still have terrible solder quality
and to my knowledge there isn't really a scoring or rating system for the
quality of final assembly.

Does anybody tug on leads anymore, or bend them to see if they break or
still solder? How often are there "surprise" lots of components that
completely suck?

Jeff Urban is a Loon wrote:

=====================================
Got these resistors. My dude picked them up somewhere, 1K Âź watt Dales. Little brown things.

** LOL !

The ALL read like 1.001K, some 1.002. So that is why the were cheap.

** ROTFLMAO !!!!!!!

Those are 0.1% tolerance parts.

Any error is in your METER !!!

Well actually I can live with that.

** You on drugs?

> Anyway, our "quality control" testing included, after a few pints and tokes,

**Question answered.

a thermal characteristic test. Taking an average specimen and clipping it to the measuring device was adequate and then I put my butane lighter under it. Now I figure a Zippo is less suitable for this because of it having more hydrocarbons in the flue.
>

** You are joking ?

Aren't you ?

This Loon is straight from the Loonie bin.

...... Phil

On Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 12:23:11 AM UTC-4, Off His Meds Phil Allison wrote:
Jeff Urban is a Loon wrote:

=====================================
Got these resistors. My dude picked them up somewhere, 1K Âź watt Dales. Little brown things.

** LOL !

The ALL read like 1.001K, some 1.002. So that is why the were cheap.

** ROTFLMAO !!!!!!!

Those are 0.1% tolerance parts.

Well actually I can live with that.

** You on drugs?

Anyway, our "quality control" testing included, after a few pints and tokes,

**Question answered.

a thermal characteristic test. Taking an average specimen and clipping it to the measuring device was adequate and then I put my butane lighter under it. Now I figure a Zippo is less suitable for this because of it having more hydrocarbons in the flue.

** You are joking ?

Aren't you ?

This Loon is straight from the Loonie bin.

..... Phil

There's a character in a TV show (Big Bang Theory) that you remind me of. Like that character (Sheldon), you also seem to have a problem with sarcasm or hyperbole unless it's accompanied by a smiley face emoji.

On Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 3:19:01 PM UTC-4, pf...@aol.com wrote:
> You are far too kind!

I'm just a sweetheart down deep.

You would have thought that OHM (off his meds) Phil would have caught on to Jeff's sarcasm when Jeff summed up the evaluation of the resistor's tight value readings and temperature torture resistance with "I think it passed" - the quotes being Jeff's...

John-Del wrote:

=============

** Lemme tell ya somethin' - John.

For round about 15 years now, you have been misrepresenting and posting false interpretations of my posts.

But I am a normally a patient person.

--------------------------------------

There's a character in a TV show (Big Bang Theory) that you remind
me of. Like that character (Sheldon), you also seem to have a
problem with sarcasm or hyperbole unless it's accompanied by
a smiley face emoji.

** No I don't.

By his own words, Jeff was *stoned* when he wrote that pile of verbal diarrhoea and so I outed him for it - just in case anyone took the absurd crap it contained the least bit seriously.

But my simple message was 100% wasted on a Septic, POS fucking asshole like you. Cos you are in love with every bit of your own shit.

Bet you keep your turds in a cupboard too or maybe the fridge, along with your icecream.

The one with similarity to "Sheldon" is YOU - but he is not a malicious cunt like you are.

BTW:

"pf" is one of the smelliest turds on earth.

So you two make great company.

...... Phil

>Any error is in your METER !!!

No, it is not. This is compared to two other good meters, one a Fluke 8842, and one of them was calibrated to NIST a couple of years ago.

No other resistors on near that range read 0.1% high.

But you grab on to anything to dig on someone so, so be it.

Jeff Urban is a Fucking Doper !!

================================

** That a pretty drastic bit of snipping you just did ?

All context removed to protect the guilty ??.

No, it is not.

** Errr - bullshit.

This is compared to two other good meters, one a Fluke 8842,
and one of them was calibrated to NIST a couple of years ago.

** Why so coy about the details of each meter?

Why no mention of any of this before ??

I smell a big, fat rat.

No other resistors on near that range read 0.1% high.

** Really?

So *every* resistor you have is several times better than 0.1% accurate ?

Tell me ?

Do you believe your own bullshit or produce it purely for public
consumption ?

Word of advice:

Stop posting absurd crap when you are off your head.

Stop posting absurd crap when you are straight too.

Make a nice change....

Lay of the fucking dope.

..... Phil

On Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 6:09:27 AM UTC-4, Phil OHM Allison wrote:

Bet you keep your turds in a cupboard too or maybe the fridge, along with your icecream.

LOL! You did NOT go there!! The guy who has a cockroach infestation in his trailer wants to bring up cleanliness?

**"I bought one of the above (Sony CDP101) immediately they appeared on sale in Sydney -.... Yesterday, I popped a CD in the drawer and it spat it back - so I tried a couple more with the same result. Fearing the worst, I opened the machine and found some cockroach droppings in the drawer and near the laser assembly."

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/sci.electronics.repair/YcNfjgMv6zw%5B1-25%5D

Yes Phil, I do indeed keep ice cream in my freezer. My wife and I will indulge once a week or so. We DON'T however keep rotting cans of beans, soup, or SPAM in our sinks or under our bed, so we don't have roaches in our house.

Try spraying WD-40 around your trailer: I hear roaches don't care for it.

Oh, and Peter is a gentleman. I'm sure no one would use that term in the same sentence with your name, unless of course it's to say that you aren't..

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back