OT: More Left-Wing Insanity...

C

Cursitor Doom

They won\'t stop until they\'re stopped. Petty interference in people\'s
private lives; imposing arbitrary rules curbing personal freedoms to a
degree never before seen. This is the reality of Left-Wing governments
in the West today.

https://tinyurl.com/yyqa277j

Don\'t think it could happen in the US? Better think again.

On Sunday, September 20, 2020 at 1:03:05 PM UTC-4, Cursitor Doom wrote:
in the West today.

https://www.ft.com/content/c19f1dcc-4696-11ea-aee2-9ddbdc86190d

On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 3:03:05 AM UTC+10, Cursitor Doom wrote:
in the West today.

Makes the employees less likely to get lung cancer and heart disease. And nicotine is definitely psychoactive.

You wouldn\'t complain if they were forbidden to drink alcohol, shoot up or smoke weed during working hours. Now that we have a better idea of the damaging effects of nicotine addiction, it is getting treated in the same way as other addictive drugs.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

On Sunday, September 20, 2020 at 6:01:17 PM UTC-7, Bill Sloman wrote:
in the West today.

Makes the employees less likely to get lung cancer and heart disease. And nicotine is definitely psychoactive.

You wouldn\'t complain if they were forbidden to drink alcohol, shoot up or smoke weed during working hours. Now that we have a better idea of the damaging effects of nicotine addiction, it is getting treated in the same way as other addictive drugs.

--
SL0W MAN, Sydney

Hey SL0W MAN,

Another one of your demented false comparisons: people are generally allowed to smoke at work in designated areas - not so with intoxicants.

On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 1:56:40 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
in the West today.

Another one of your demented false comparisons: people are generally allowed to smoke at work in designated areas - not so with intoxicants.

But nicotine is an intoxicant. It isn\'t quite as obviously damaging as ethanol or opiates, but it does affect peoples behavior. As more of us get to understand more about its effects - not you, obviously - society is getting around to minimising them.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

mandag den 21. september 2020 kl. 03.01.17 UTC+2 skrev Bill Sloman:
in the West today.

like coffee?

On Sunday, September 20, 2020 at 10:34:12 PM UTC-7, Bill Sloman wrote:
in the West today.

But nicotine is an intoxicant. It isn\'t quite as obviously damaging as ethanol or opiates, but it does affect peoples behavior. As more of us get to understand more about its effects - not you, obviously - society is getting around to minimising them.

--
SL0W MAN, Sydney

Hey SL0W MAN,

You may be on to something - that may explain Obummer\'s aberrant behavior!

On Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 12:27:49 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
in the West today.

Your idea of aberrant behavior involves actions that you don\'t approve of. Obama is intelligent, you are stupid and it follows that he did things for reasons that you didn\'t understand and consequently couldn\'t approve of (even if they were correct - as they seem to have been).

Lots of people smoke and still perform reasonably well - my father was heavy smoker all through the time he racked up some 25 patents - and Obama definitely performs at a high level, even if is a level that\'s quite a bit higher than you can know anything about.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

On Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 3:04:25 AM UTC+10, lang...@fonz.dk wrote:
in the West today.

like coffee?

I cut my caffeine consumption dramatically when I realised that I was addicted to the stuff. I still use it when I do have to look as if I\'m awake even though I\'m being bored out of my skull - meetings with marketing were particularly difficult, and my boss didn\'t like it if I started dozing off during the more predictable expositions.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

On 9/21/2020 1:04 PM, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote:
in the West today.

like coffee?

The list of things Americans aren\'t allowed to do in their free time
without a policeman up their ass is a stack of binders four feet high.

The average American has been so well-trained that he thinks having to
fly or drive 2000 miles to Las Vegas to throw some dice for real money,
or go to New Orleans on Mardi Gras to drink from an open container on
the street, or spend $3000 on Burning Man once a year to see some bare
titties where the women aren\'t getting paid to take it off, is some kind
of \"cultural experience.\"

On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 7:36:14 PM UTC-7, Bill Sloman wrote:
in the West today.

Your idea of aberrant behavior involves actions that you don\'t approve of.. Obama is intelligent, you are stupid and it follows that he did things for reasons that you didn\'t understand and consequently couldn\'t approve of (even if they were correct - as they seem to have been).

Lots of people smoke and still perform reasonably well - my father was heavy smoker all through the time he racked up some 25 patents - and Obama definitely performs at a high level, even if is a level that\'s quite a bit higher than you can know anything about.

--
SL0W MAN, Sydney

LOL!

Hey SL0W MAN,

First, you say \"but it does affect peoples behavior\" and then you say it doesn\'t! You just got caught in a contradiction! But, I doubt that you appreciated the implication. BTW, it\'s people\'s, not peoples.

On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 7:42:30 PM UTC-7, Bill Sloman wrote:
in the West today.

like coffee?

I cut my caffeine consumption dramatically when I realised that I was addicted to the stuff. I still use it when I do have to look as if I\'m awake even though I\'m being bored out of my skull - meetings with marketing were particularly difficult, and my boss didn\'t like it if I started dozing off during the more predictable expositions.

--
SL0W MAN, Sydney

HA HA HA HA!

Hey SL0W MAN, you just CONFIRMED my analysis of your over-inflated image of yourself!! You can\'t even stay awake when someone else is talking!!!

On Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 1:10:03 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 7:36:14 PM UTC-7, Bill Sloman wrote:
in the West today.

But nicotine is an intoxicant. It isn\'t quite as obviously damaging as ethanol or opiates, but it does affect people\'s behavior. As more of us get to understand more about its effects - not you, obviously - society is getting around to minimising them.

Your idea of aberrant behavior involves actions that you don\'t approve of. Obama is intelligent, you are stupid and it follows that he did things for reasons that you didn\'t understand and consequently couldn\'t approve of (even if they were correct - as they seem to have been).

First, you say \"but it does affect people\'s behavior\" and then you say it doesn\'t! You just got caught in a contradiction! But, I doubt that you appreciated the implication.

But I clearly did. \"Lots of people smoke and still perform reasonably well\" addresses one aspect of their behavior, not all of it, and \"lots of people\" leaves room for the rest who don\'t perform as well. You grasp of what was being implied is obviously defective - as it always is.

<snipped typo anxiety>

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

On Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 1:13:35 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 7:42:30 PM UTC-7, Bill Sloman wrote:
in the West today.

like coffee?

Hey SL0W MAN, you just CONFIRMED my analysis of your over-inflated image of yourself!! You can\'t even stay awake when someone else is talking!!!

I did. I just couldn\'t manage to look focussed and attentive for half an hour at a time while listening to predictable nonsense without a small shot of coffee.

My boss had married a Japanese wife while he was on a post-doc in Japan, and had positively Japanese expectations about being properly respectful to senior staff even when they were evidencing senior moments. Australia is less heirachical.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back