Welcome Notice

Register Log in

OT. GM beats Tesla...

D

Dean Hoffman

Guest
On 11/1/20 3:04 PM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 14:53:13 -0600, Dean Hoffman <deanhofman@clod.com
wrote:


I\'ve never noticed an EV charger so I looked here:
https://evstationslocal.com/
It looks like someone with an EV would do ok traveling
I-80 in Nebraska with the truckers and dopers. Traveling along the
northern or southern borders might be a problem. Someone living
in the southwest corner of the state would probably have to have their own
charger unless he could plug into a regular 110 or 220 volt source.
It\'s like we live in different worlds as far as the charging
stations go.
Trains haul coal or grain here except for Amtrak. It looks
like Amtrak follows the old Highway 6 at first glance. I think
it runs through here 3 times a week.

In the Sierras, I80 is pretty much the old Lincoln Highway, which in
turn paralleled the path of the Central Pacific railroad.

This is a great book:

https://www.amazon.com/Nothing-Like-World-Transcontinental-1863-1869/dp/0743203178/ref=sr_1_1?crid=29TZ3DLXEFIZ6&dchild=1&keywords=nothing+like+it+in+the+world+by+stephen+ambrose&qid=1604264461&s=books&sprefix=nothing+like%2Caps%2C207&sr=1-1
Just ordered it. It\'s long past time I read a real book instead
of stuff on
the internet.
 
S

server

Guest
On Mon, 2 Nov 2020 19:01:55 -0600, Dean Hoffman <deanhofman@clod.com>
wrote:

On 11/1/20 3:04 PM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 14:53:13 -0600, Dean Hoffman <deanhofman@clod.com
wrote:


I\'ve never noticed an EV charger so I looked here:
https://evstationslocal.com/
It looks like someone with an EV would do ok traveling
I-80 in Nebraska with the truckers and dopers. Traveling along the
northern or southern borders might be a problem. Someone living
in the southwest corner of the state would probably have to have their own
charger unless he could plug into a regular 110 or 220 volt source.
It\'s like we live in different worlds as far as the charging
stations go.
Trains haul coal or grain here except for Amtrak. It looks
like Amtrak follows the old Highway 6 at first glance. I think
it runs through here 3 times a week.

In the Sierras, I80 is pretty much the old Lincoln Highway, which in
turn paralleled the path of the Central Pacific railroad.

This is a great book:

https://www.amazon.com/Nothing-Like-World-Transcontinental-1863-1869/dp/0743203178/ref=sr_1_1?crid=29TZ3DLXEFIZ6&dchild=1&keywords=nothing+like+it+in+the+world+by+stephen+ambrose&qid=1604264461&s=books&sprefix=nothing+like%2Caps%2C207&sr=1-1


Just ordered it. It\'s long past time I read a real book instead
of stuff on
the internet.
At the sierra crest, you can hike through the old railroad tunnels and
snow sheds. There\'s probably something like that where you are.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qmit7g5ass5smpn/AADXp8NT1SHD1vzCv8uTySpTa?dl=0



--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Science teaches us to doubt.

Claude Bernard
 
R

Rickster C

Guest
On Monday, November 2, 2020 at 5:39:56 PM UTC-5, John Larkin wrote:
On Mon, 2 Nov 2020 17:28:09 -0500, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

On 11/2/2020 3:12 PM, John Larkin wrote:
On Mon, 2 Nov 2020 13:11:07 -0500, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

On 11/2/2020 9:56 AM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 22:35:49 -0500, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

On 11/1/2020 8:43 PM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 19:06:56 -0500, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

On 11/1/2020 3:10 PM, dagmargoodboat@yahoo.com wrote:
On Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 4:53:46 PM UTC-4, Ed Lee wrote:

Communism is taking private properties for sharing. Free service is socialism at best.

\'Free\' charging is still taking other people\'s property through taxes, to subsidize mostly richer people\'s electric fun cars.

Yes, i am open to charging for charging (for example, 15 cents per kwh). 25 cents for using the bathroom. and 5 cents per minutes when parked at night (when the street lights are on). Or just $1 for entering the rest area.

A pay-to-charge approach that bills for time and kWH would solve your problem of Teslas hogging the stations, and it would result in lots of private people getting interested in building out a charging network.

That sounds constructive.

It\'s a lot simpler to just use sale taxes to fund these services.

But that\'s robbing the poor to subsidize the rich -- it\'s not just, and it\'s not fair.

Cheers,
James Arthur



Jeez you fucking suck at even being the smarmy, sarcastic wingnut
NPD-case that you are.

Even worse, he skis in short pants.




JA sees wicked communists and clamoring orphans trying to rob him in
every closet and under every bed.

He understands how Capitalist Western civilization is the best thing
this planet has seen so far, and why many people want to destroy it.
He has done more research on this than I have, but I\'m trying to catch
up.

As Friedrich Hayek sort of noted in his later years, while
representative democracy was at one time one of Western Civilization\'s
inventions, representative democracy is somewhat tangential to the
success of capitalist civilization. It\'s thriving in China and China is
surely not a democracy.

Western civilization has never really been consistently sold on the idea
as an end-goal I don\'t think. it\'s a a stepping-stone to a more pure
system. A more pure people, if you will, a higher form of evolution of
the human species, of which surely James Arthur, and like, maybe, Mr.
Larkin, will be regarded by history as early examples.

I think capitalist Western civilization is kinda jealous of China\'s
success and figures it knows what the problem is, there are too many
people who \"want to destroy it\" still walking around and breathing.


What is there to be jealous about China?

He also has an excellent singing voice. I\'ll never be able to do that.

\"The aspiring ubermensch never imagined the other ubermensch would put
signing on the ubermensch test until they arrested him for being bad at
it\" is basically reactionary-ism, in summary





Western, european civilization began dominating the world when the
western countries were still monarchies. They dominated in technology
and warfare, later in literacy and science, even later in culture and
representative government.

Go to google street view and prowl the world. It all looks pretty
western now. Roads, cars, SUVs, trucks, houses, satellite dishes,
restaurants, schools, street lights, all that sort of thing. It\'s hard
to tell a neighborhood in India from one in Belguim.

Native Americans adapted to horses and houses and pickup trucks and
casinos pretty well.


Yeah a lot of the world did pretty good with the science and technology
and representative government, while meanwhile in America with ideas
like \"climate skepticism\", \"herd immunity\", and \"Make America Great
Again\" a lot of its supposed foremost defenders seem content to dive
back into witchcraft and the reading of the future in pig entrails.

Grass is always greener-thing, I guess.

Be as unhappy as you like. Next time you get an infection, don\'t mess
with white supremicist antibiotics.
WTF is this guy talking about???

--

Rick C.

+-+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
+-+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
 
F

Flyguy

Guest
On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 12:21:42 PM UTC-8, Ed Lee wrote:
On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 12:10:45 PM UTC-8, dagmarg...@yahoo.com wrote:
On Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 4:53:46 PM UTC-4, Ed Lee wrote:

Communism is taking private properties for sharing. Free service is socialism at best.

\'Free\' charging is still taking other people\'s property through taxes, to subsidize mostly richer people\'s electric fun cars.

Same for street lights, roads and free rest stops.
Hardly: all vehicles can use them, not just over-priced electrics.

Yes, i am open to charging for charging (for example, 15 cents per kwh). 25 cents for using the bathroom. and 5 cents per minutes when parked at night (when the street lights are on). Or just $1 for entering the rest area.

A pay-to-charge approach that bills for time and kWH would solve your problem of Teslas hogging the stations, and it would result in lots of private people getting interested in building out a charging network.

But not enough interest in sites that are not profitable.
That is the risk entrepreneurs take.


That sounds constructive.

It\'s a lot simpler to just use sale taxes to fund these services.

But that\'s robbing the poor to subsidize the rich -- it\'s not just, and it\'s not fair.

The interstate highways, as well as many other things, are free, unjust and unfair.
No, they aren\'t: we pay for them thru gas taxes (which electrics don\'t pay - now THAT\'S unjust!).
 
B

bitrex

Guest
On 11/2/2020 11:20 PM, Rickster C wrote:
On Monday, November 2, 2020 at 5:39:56 PM UTC-5, John Larkin wrote:
On Mon, 2 Nov 2020 17:28:09 -0500, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

On 11/2/2020 3:12 PM, John Larkin wrote:
On Mon, 2 Nov 2020 13:11:07 -0500, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

On 11/2/2020 9:56 AM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 22:35:49 -0500, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

On 11/1/2020 8:43 PM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 19:06:56 -0500, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

On 11/1/2020 3:10 PM, dagmargoodboat@yahoo.com wrote:
On Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 4:53:46 PM UTC-4, Ed Lee wrote:

Communism is taking private properties for sharing. Free service is socialism at best.

\'Free\' charging is still taking other people\'s property through taxes, to subsidize mostly richer people\'s electric fun cars.

Yes, i am open to charging for charging (for example, 15 cents per kwh). 25 cents for using the bathroom. and 5 cents per minutes when parked at night (when the street lights are on). Or just $1 for entering the rest area.

A pay-to-charge approach that bills for time and kWH would solve your problem of Teslas hogging the stations, and it would result in lots of private people getting interested in building out a charging network.

That sounds constructive.

It\'s a lot simpler to just use sale taxes to fund these services.

But that\'s robbing the poor to subsidize the rich -- it\'s not just, and it\'s not fair.

Cheers,
James Arthur



Jeez you fucking suck at even being the smarmy, sarcastic wingnut
NPD-case that you are.

Even worse, he skis in short pants.




JA sees wicked communists and clamoring orphans trying to rob him in
every closet and under every bed.

He understands how Capitalist Western civilization is the best thing
this planet has seen so far, and why many people want to destroy it.
He has done more research on this than I have, but I\'m trying to catch
up.

As Friedrich Hayek sort of noted in his later years, while
representative democracy was at one time one of Western Civilization\'s
inventions, representative democracy is somewhat tangential to the
success of capitalist civilization. It\'s thriving in China and China is
surely not a democracy.

Western civilization has never really been consistently sold on the idea
as an end-goal I don\'t think. it\'s a a stepping-stone to a more pure
system. A more pure people, if you will, a higher form of evolution of
the human species, of which surely James Arthur, and like, maybe, Mr.
Larkin, will be regarded by history as early examples.

I think capitalist Western civilization is kinda jealous of China\'s
success and figures it knows what the problem is, there are too many
people who \"want to destroy it\" still walking around and breathing.


What is there to be jealous about China?

He also has an excellent singing voice. I\'ll never be able to do that.

\"The aspiring ubermensch never imagined the other ubermensch would put
signing on the ubermensch test until they arrested him for being bad at
it\" is basically reactionary-ism, in summary





Western, european civilization began dominating the world when the
western countries were still monarchies. They dominated in technology
and warfare, later in literacy and science, even later in culture and
representative government.

Go to google street view and prowl the world. It all looks pretty
western now. Roads, cars, SUVs, trucks, houses, satellite dishes,
restaurants, schools, street lights, all that sort of thing. It\'s hard
to tell a neighborhood in India from one in Belguim.

Native Americans adapted to horses and houses and pickup trucks and
casinos pretty well.


Yeah a lot of the world did pretty good with the science and technology
and representative government, while meanwhile in America with ideas
like \"climate skepticism\", \"herd immunity\", and \"Make America Great
Again\" a lot of its supposed foremost defenders seem content to dive
back into witchcraft and the reading of the future in pig entrails.

Grass is always greener-thing, I guess.

Be as unhappy as you like. Next time you get an infection, don\'t mess
with white supremicist antibiotics.

WTF is this guy talking about???
Seems like he\'s warming up to the idea.
 
E

Ed Lee

Guest
On Monday, November 2, 2020 at 10:31:12 PM UTC-8, Flyguy wrote:
On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 12:21:42 PM UTC-8, Ed Lee wrote:
On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 12:10:45 PM UTC-8, dagmarg...@yahoo.com wrote:
On Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 4:53:46 PM UTC-4, Ed Lee wrote:

Communism is taking private properties for sharing. Free service is socialism at best.

\'Free\' charging is still taking other people\'s property through taxes, to subsidize mostly richer people\'s electric fun cars.

Same for street lights, roads and free rest stops.
Hardly: all vehicles can use them, not just over-priced electrics.

Yes, i am open to charging for charging (for example, 15 cents per kwh). 25 cents for using the bathroom. and 5 cents per minutes when parked at night (when the street lights are on). Or just $1 for entering the rest area.

A pay-to-charge approach that bills for time and kWH would solve your problem of Teslas hogging the stations, and it would result in lots of private people getting interested in building out a charging network.

But not enough interest in sites that are not profitable.
That is the risk entrepreneurs take.
OK, let says it\'s just private donations, in exchange for the right of use at public properties. Electricity will be paid for with private money.
 
Toggle Sidebar

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Top