needs help with vhdl coding

I have created a FIFO for 32bit registers(holds 16 registers).Now I need to call the first 32 bit register from the FIFO to my main code and check the LSB bit position of the 32 bit register to see if it is set to '1'. Iam not sure how this can be done. Can anyone please help me with this? I would also like to know is it possible to use this FIFO as a package? Please help me...

On Thursday, January 30, 2020 at 10:59:13 PM UTC-5, sweety...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have created a FIFO for 32bit registers(holds 16 registers).Now I need to call the first 32 bit register from the FIFO to my main code and check the LSB bit position of the 32 bit register to see if it is set to '1'. Iam not sure how this can be done. Can anyone please help me with this? I would also like to know is it possible to use this FIFO as a package? Please help me...

It would help tremendously if you pared your code down to the essential part of accessing the register file and showed it to us.

Sectioning your code is a good habit to develop. Write it in small blocks that can be thought about separately and seen separately.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Am Freitag, 31. Januar 2020 04:59:13 UTC+1 schrieb sweety...@gmail.com:
> I have created a FIFO for 32bit registers(holds 16 registers).Now I need to call the first 32 bit register from the FIFO to my main code and check the LSB bit

You created a Fifo. Now imagine you would read out the first entry of the fifo and check if bit 0 of the first entry is equal to '1'.

As far as I understand that is your task, should be easy for someone creting a Fifo.

bye tHomas

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back