mitigation vs suppression strategy Covid19

On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 10:57:25 PM UTC-4, Bill Sloman wrote:

Hillary is lucky she is not in PRISON.

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 11:11:09 -0700 (PDT), mpm <mpmillard@aol.com>
wrote:

On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 11:06:03 AM UTC-4,
There are guns that shoot tee-shirts into the crowds at concerts.
And some that shoot tennis balls.

I know that the ones that use a cartridge (ammo) are indeed classified as firearms and you still need to pass a background check to own one.

Also: And I originally thought this to be a bit weird, but I'll throw it out there in case some folks aren't aware:

There are some farm tractors that you start using a shotgun shell.
You put the shell in, and smack it with a hammer. The force of the propellant is what turns over the engine. (Later, I learned the same was true for certain aircraft.) Neither one however is considered a "firearm".

Something else, but it will have to wait. (Can't remember the name of it.)

Nail guns are great for driving a nail into solid concrete. BAM! They
use a slug-less .22 cal, umm, bullet?

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 11:33:46 -0700 (PDT), mpm <mpmillard@aol.com>
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 11:34:28 AM UTC-4, Rick C wrote:
On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 11:08:56 AM UTC-4, legg wrote:
Per capita comparisons are interestion.

The Wuhan event resulted in virus detections per capita
in the 50ppm range for the country as a whole, at the
end of present containment excercises. The resources of
the rest of the country were applied in this exercise.

In Italy, Spain and Iceland, it's over 1000ppm, at present,
without containment.

China would have had to have had 20 Wuhans, to match this.

So, the US and other countries, currently at a 3day doubling
rate of detection, should be ready for the 20x Wuhan effect
on it's resources, as no containment is possible at this
late date.

Every case doesn't need to be detected - that's just an
indicator of the development.

China locked down the affected cities in total. Here in the US we are doing a half-ass approach to "social distancing" which so far has not been measurably effective at all.

I don't believe it is too late to contain this virus, but we are literally at the cusp. If we were to lock down the affected areas of the country in total we might be able to prevent a Wuhan collapse of our medical system. But for that requires literally action right now. We are at the point where if all new infections were prevented we will still be testing the limits of the medical systems in many areas of the country.

So yeah, you are most likely right, containment is not possible.

In lieu of full lock down the only other way to contain this virus is the Vo approach, massive testing to isolate anyone with the virus. However, we already know that isn't possible from lack of test capability.

--

Rick C.

---- Get 2,000 miles of free Supercharging
---- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

You're getting there.... just slowly. :)

Eventually, you're going to realize that the government isn't equipped to handle this. At best, they'll play catch-up, too late and after-the-fact for all those who died.

Starting to sound a lot like one of the arguments for gun-ownership (for self-protection), when you realize the police are only ten minutes away, but the need is NOW. Sound vaguely familiar yet?

That's not saying a gun will kill the virus.
But if there's rioting and lawlessness, I don't see the benefit in waiting around for industry to supply enough batons and police vehicles to keep the peace on a massive scale (if it comes to that - hopefully it won't)

I guess I'm just saying: Don't rely on the government to protect you.
They truly aren't up to the task, as evidenced by the ongoing outbreak.
Or, if you affirmatively choose to rely on them, at least be prepared for a let down or two.

Get your own thread and get off this one.

RL

On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 7:26:39 PM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 15:38:52 -0700 (PDT),
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com wrote:

On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 1:45:40 PM UTC-4, legg wrote:
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

RL

There're only a few things that can kill off the entire human race: a massive high speed asteroid strike, a cataclysmic mantle eruption, and global warming, to name a few. The bio stuff doesn't come close.

We have, must have, enough genetic diversity that no single pathogen
can kill all of us. Species without that diversity are extinct.

WE do in fact have that diversity, and nothing nature throws at us can kill off the human race.

There is some evidence that a majority of people can't get the C19
virus. And of the ones that do, half get no symptoms. But there are
lots of other viruses around to get us.

Corona is prevalent in the western hemisphere, and has been forever. There are only six known corona viruses that infect humans, and all, except this latest one, do not cause illness beyond minor sniffles.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/22/influenza-update-23000-u-s-deaths-more-children-18-49-year-olds-hospitalized-than-during-2009-h1n1-pandemic/

"CDC estimates that so far this season [in the US] there have been at
least 38 million flu illnesses, 390,000 hospitalizations and 23,000
deaths from flu."

C19 has killed 414 in the US, last count, and no children. It's a bit
player so far.

With hundreds of different viruses around, presumably all growing
exponentially like neutrons in an atom bomb, it's impressive that
we've only had 38 million infections. We have more diversity than all
the viruses can muster.

The thymus diversifies the progenitor blood cells coming from the bone marrow, and is capable of producing more permutations than nature can muster by way of pathogens.

Then there is the pregnancy miracle. Pregnant women are well known to produce super-antibodies and t-lymphocytes unseen in the general population. Something is going on, not fully understood, whereby nature sends pregnant women to the rescue to save mankind from just about everything.

--

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet.
"Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"

On 25/03/20 17:51, mpm wrote:

Bill didn't write that, and if you are going to make
irrelevant statements then I'll add "Trump is lucky he
isn't in prison".

mpm <mpmillard@aol.com> wrote in
news:7175df8a-6842-4586-b2bd-a17cc9999676@googlegroups.com:

Also: And I originally thought this to be a bit weird, but I'll
throw it out there in case some folks aren't aware:

There are some farm tractors that you start using a shotgun shell.
You put the shell in, and smack it with a hammer. The force of
the propellant is what turns over the engine. (Later, I learned
the same was true for certain aircraft.) Neither one however is
considered a "firearm".

Something else, but it will have to wait. (Can't remember the
name of it.)

The US military has a missile that utilizes a standard 9mm parabellum
round. Upon launch, it fires from within the missile, and that
impinges on a rotor that spools up the guidance gyro in milliseconds
instead of seconds later. The bullet breeches the missile's skin and
flys outward along with the missile away on an angle.

On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 2:06:38 PM UTC-4, mpm wrote:
On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 10:57:19 PM UTC-4, Bill Sloman wrote:

If Trump can be confined to pontificating, and kept well away from the levers of power, you may be able to get the US into the kind of lockdown where each new infection infects less than one other person before they start to show symptoms and get bundled into isolation.

I was on a construction site this morning in South Florida.
There were at least 200+ construction workers present, and I really didn't see a whole lot of social distancing. A few (20%) were wearing at least some kind of face mask, and there were big bucket hand sanitizer dispensers at the main entrances to the site, but that's about it. (Broward County).

In short: Ripe conditions for Covid-19 spread.
If this is what constitutes "lock-down", we are screwed.

I should have taken a picture of the hand sanitizer dispensers: They were heavy-duty (designed for long term, many thousands of uses before refill needed). Manual operation - no batteries. Admittedly, overkill for an application like Walmart.

Manual operation seems somehow inappropriate. When they apply antiseptic in medical settings they spiral it outward from the injection site because they know it doesn't kill 100% and they don't want to swab pathogens into the needle site. Apply that thinking to the manual use of hand sanitizer and the station becomes an infection site.

I took two cats to the vet today and they aren't letting anyone into the office... at all. They come to the car to take the info and to pick up the cats. The vet calls you to discuss the issues over the phone. You even pay the bill outside.

In the supermarket there is almost no recognition of the situation other than the two guys cleaning the carts. Customers aren't maintaining any particular distance from other customers. In this neck of the woods the infection rate is very low, 2 confirmed in the whole county. Of course that will quickly increase if measures are ignored, but with the various work from home and shutdowns it may prove to be enough to limit the spread without continued reintroduction from the outside.

--

Rick C.

-+-+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
-+-+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

On Monday, March 23, 2020 at 12:11:20 AM UTC-4, Bill Sloman wrote:
On Monday, March 23, 2020 at 9:17:53 AM UTC+11, bloggs.fre...@gmail.com wrote:
On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 5:35:53 PM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 13:43:08 -0700 (PDT),

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

RL

That guy doesn't know much about epidemiology and more importantly immunology. For instance the idiot thinks mutation is a function of susceptible population size. The idiot has no idea of the fact that each replication presents an opportunity for mutation, and within just a single individual there are billions if not trillions of replications. A lot of his graphs are dated. He doesn't know much about mathematical modeling of infectious disease, he ignores the fact that 99% of people recover and the course of illness is relatively short, 99% of these people don't require hospitalization, therefore his death estimates are wildly inflated. His education is in business, he's an ignorant sensationalist looking to make a buck somehow. It's a waste of time reading his stupid crap. This misinformation belongs in the same toilet as the chloroquine and vaccine will be ready in 12 months fiction.

Sure, you can have all sorts of fun with a math model. Or a
spreadsheet. But the chloroquine might help, seems to help.

Flu viruses tend to mutate to be less lethal. It's not in their
interest to quickly kill the hosts that spread them.

But what impresses me is that an entire planet worth of viruses mutate
together. No one virus mutates and passes the less-lethal trend to its
offspring.

The people who study these things think this one we have now is some kind of hybrid of two wild strain corona viruses that exist naturally in nature. This would strengthen the theory that mixing up the animals in wild meat markets created the virus. Probably a bat/pangolin merger, or interspecies zoonosis.

Covid-19 is 96% identical with the ancestral bat corona virus. How this hydbridisation between what would have to be two closely related viruses might have happened needs to be discussed - they'd both have had to infected the same cell at the same time for any RNA mixing to have occurred.

Yes- we know all that, and coinfection of a single host cell is not at all uncommon. What do you think the host hangs out a sign saying "STOP- I'm all already infected"= get real.

Quite why it might have seemed sensible to hypothesise isn't made clear either.

Fred isn't good at getting hold of reliable data. The Wuhan data listed 20% of those infected as being seriously or critically ill so his 99% not requiring hospitalisation is a very odd figure.

It's not at all odd. The Chinese data, like all the Euro and American data, is mostly derived from symptomatic people, and therefore really badly biased towards making this thing look way worse than it is.
My data is from official or peer reviewed sources, it's not opinion piece data written by content providers and journalists.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

mpm <mpmillard@aol.com> wrote in news:fb075149-d031-449e-add4-
4293553cbbb7@googlegroups.com:

For email utilization violations? Hardly. Get real.

I know that the ones that use a cartridge (ammo) are indeed
classified as firearms and you still need to pass a background
check to own one.

NONE do. They are all air (CO2) operated paintball gun variants.

I own high powered, powder actuated nail gun and I do not need a
permit or background check to own it.

On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 6:42:08 PM UTC-4, bloggs.fre...@gmail.com wrote:
On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 7:26:39 PM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 15:38:52 -0700 (PDT),

RL

There're only a few things that can kill off the entire human race: a massive high speed asteroid strike, a cataclysmic mantle eruption, and global warming, to name a few. The bio stuff doesn't come close.

We have, must have, enough genetic diversity that no single pathogen
can kill all of us. Species without that diversity are extinct.

WE do in fact have that diversity, and nothing nature throws at us can kill off the human race.

There is some evidence that a majority of people can't get the C19
virus. And of the ones that do, half get no symptoms. But there are
lots of other viruses around to get us.

Corona is prevalent in the western hemisphere, and has been forever. There are only six known corona viruses that infect humans, and all, except this latest one, do not cause illness beyond minor sniffles.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/22/influenza-update-23000-u-s-deaths-more-children-18-49-year-olds-hospitalized-than-during-2009-h1n1-pandemic/

"CDC estimates that so far this season [in the US] there have been at
least 38 million flu illnesses, 390,000 hospitalizations and 23,000
deaths from flu."

C19 has killed 414 in the US, last count, and no children. It's a bit
player so far.

With hundreds of different viruses around, presumably all growing
exponentially like neutrons in an atom bomb, it's impressive that
we've only had 38 million infections. We have more diversity than all
the viruses can muster.

The thymus diversifies the progenitor blood cells coming from the bone marrow, and is capable of producing more permutations than nature can muster by way of pathogens.

Then there is the pregnancy miracle. Pregnant women are well known to produce super-antibodies and t-lymphocytes unseen in the general population. Something is going on, not fully understood, whereby nature sends pregnant women to the rescue to save mankind from just about everything.

--

There are two that infect humans and cause serious illness, the SARS-CoV and the MERS.

On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 2:20:06 PM UTC-4, edward...@gmail.com wrote:
On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 11:06:38 AM UTC-7, mpm wrote:
On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 10:57:19 PM UTC-4, Bill Sloman wrote:

If Trump can be confined to pontificating, and kept well away from the levers of power, you may be able to get the US into the kind of lockdown where each new infection infects less than one other person before they start to show symptoms and get bundled into isolation.

I was on a construction site this morning in South Florida.
There were at least 200+ construction workers present, and I really didn't see a whole lot of social distancing. A few (20%) were wearing at least some kind of face mask, and there were big bucket hand sanitizer dispensers at the main entrances to the site, but that's about it. (Broward County).

In short: Ripe conditions for Covid-19 spread.
If this is what constitutes "lock-down", we are screwed.

I should have taken a picture of the hand sanitizer dispensers: They were heavy-duty (designed for long term, many thousands of uses before refill needed). Manual operation - no batteries. Admittedly, overkill for an application like Walmart.

"New York City may close parks, playgrounds and some streets to reduce density in the latest effort to contain the virus, the governor said Wednesday. (3/24)"

You mean they still haven't done it?

Cuomo seems to want to be "the guy" making all the decisions. He has prevented the NYC mayor from taking action weeks ago.

That's no small part of the problem.

Generally politicians are protected from being responsible for making mistakes. I think that just as in gross liability cases, there is a level of gross incompetence when a politician should be held accountable and go to jail. I don't see how Cuomo would be able to defend against such charges.

--

Rick C.

-++- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
-++- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

torsdag den 26. marts 2020 kl. 02.48.21 UTC+1 skrev mpm:
On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 7:10:57 PM UTC-4, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
mpm wrote in

check to own one.

That's not true. I inquired about one I saw in a gun store, and was promptly informed that it was classified as a firearm, requiring all hoops and regulatory paperwork. I don't know the name, but I could probably find it in a Google search. (Not something I would ever need or buy.)

Yes, I think they're called RAM-sets, or something like that.

For whatever reason, they are not classified as a "firearm".

I sure it's a definitional thing, but off-hand, I can't tell you what it might be. Or, perhaps that class of tools might just be categorically excluded from the regulations, even though it generally operates on the same principles as traditional firearms. Black-powder rifles come to mind in this regard. I understand they can even be purchased and possessed by felons (with no background check require), as they are NOT firearms (even though they SURE look like one, and operated by pretty much the same principles!) You can even carry one openly in public in those States that have only "concealed carry" for handguns (though I would not personally advocate such behavior).

I'm not sure blackpowder is enough, but muzzle loaders are not considered firearms

On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 7:20:32 PM UTC-4, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:

The US military has a missile that utilizes a standard 9mm parabellum
round. Upon launch, it fires from within the missile, and that
impinges on a rotor that spools up the guidance gyro in milliseconds
instead of seconds later. The bullet breeches the missile's skin and
flys outward along with the missile away on an angle.

Seriously?
On first read, that sounds pretty cool.
But wouldn't there be a better way to do it?

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 18:48:16 -0700 (PDT), mpm <mpmillard@aol.com>
wrote:

On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 7:10:57 PM UTC-4, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
mpm wrote in

check to own one.

That's not true. I inquired about one I saw in a gun store, and was promptly informed that it was classified as a firearm, requiring all hoops and regulatory paperwork. I don't know the name, but I could probably find it in a Google search. (Not something I would ever need or buy.)

Yes, I think they're called RAM-sets, or something like that.

For whatever reason, they are not classified as a "firearm".

I sure it's a definitional thing, but off-hand, I can't tell you what it might be. Or, perhaps that class of tools might just be categorically excluded from the regulations, even though it generally operates on the same principles as traditional firearms. Black-powder rifles come to mind in this regard. I understand they can even be purchased and possessed by felons (with no background check require), as they are NOT firearms (even though they SURE look like one, and operated by pretty much the same principles!) You can even carry one openly in public in those States that have only "concealed carry" for handguns (though I would not personally advocate such behavior).

Mo's uncle Billy, now gone, had some problem with his foot, so it got
x-rayed. There was a nail inside his big toe. He had no idea how it
got there.

--

RL

W.r.t the original topic, I spoke to a friend who shall remain
nameless, who likely unknowingly experienced the WuFlu.

Said friend is, by any reasonable measure, very high risk -- exposed
to lots of Chinese nationals who travel. S/he got "the worst cold
ever" -- sniffles then lungs -- and was dragging butt for four weeks.
That was in January, after droves of said contacts returned from holiday,
before WuFlu was on local radar.

Thus there could indeed be many cases that have already run their
course and recovered, unrecognized. That would be hopeful, and
useful to know.

Cheers,
James Arthur

On Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 2:16:19 AM UTC+11, bloggs.fre...@gmail.com wrote:
On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 8:51:21 PM UTC-4, Bill Sloman wrote:
On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 1:39:08 AM UTC+11, bloggs.fre...@gmail.com wrote:
On Monday, March 23, 2020 at 10:25:24 AM UTC-4, Bill Sloman wrote:
On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 12:32:48 AM UTC+11, bloggs.fre...@gmail.com wrote:
On Monday, March 23, 2020 at 12:11:20 AM UTC-4, Bill Sloman wrote:
On Monday, March 23, 2020 at 9:17:53 AM UTC+11, bloggs.fre...@gmail.com wrote:
On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 5:35:53 PM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 13:43:08 -0700 (PDT),

Since what you have just said is pretty exactly what I said, you haven't actually pointed out any difference in our appreciations of the basic science.

before you make more statements as crazy as your vaccine development hysteria.

There's nothing "hysterical" about pointing out that a number of people are looking at new ways of creating vaccines, particularly when the one that proposes inject DNA to get our cells to synthesise viral proteins for our immune system to generate antibodies too has already been injected in it's first human guinea pig.

They don't "inject" DNA into our cells. They use an innocuous virus vector to do the "injecting." The headlined trials of the Moderna vaccine are using the rhinovirus. It's a class of vaccine known as a DNA vaccine. They have been in development for at least 25 years that I know of.

By which you presumably mean that somebody speculated that this might work some 25 years ago.

> How come you don't know that?

Why should I? I just read New Scientist.

> And what makes you think the technology will suddenly be a uncharacteristically massive success just because we have this perceived crisis?

Because people will start throwing money at the problem. I'm not saying that this particular approach will work, but their are lots of others, all of which are getting a lot more attention and support than they would if there wasn't a glittering pile of gold at the end of the rainbow.

> You're becoming completely hysterical. The real world rarely to never offers happy endings.

I've not manifested any kind of hysterical reaction. Your melodramatic scepticism looks rather more irrational - calling it hysterical would be a stretch.

Your claim that the only we would get get a working vaccine is via one of the traditional routes may not be hysterical but it's clearly irrational..

I made no such claim. You're going loony.

The did seem to be the core of your argument - such as it was. The lunacy was all yours.

Epidemiological estimates tend to be logarithmic. It's not physical chemistry. There is too much variability to begin to formulate anything approaching the status of a scientific "rule."

Twaddle.

Fact. Try upgrading your understanding of the science.

"Epidemiological estimates tend to be logarithmic" is not a scientific claim.

There are other scarier developments unfolding. Something called antibody-dependent (disease) enhancement ADE is a big one, and a studied factor in the lethality of MERS, another corona virus.

Except that Covid-19 isn't MERS, and a lot less lethal.

They're both corona virus, and CoViD-19 does in fact have nearly the same mortality for vulnerable people.

What's that got to do with anything?

https://www.who.int/emergencies/mers-cov/en/

The MERS mortality rate is 35%. Covid-19 kills 15% of the 80+ age group, so it is less lethal even there.

This thing is going to be around for the rest of our lives.

Probably.

Life will NEVER return to normal,

It will as soon as we get an effective vaccine.

and 1) people lose immunity after about a year or so, and

How could anybody possibly know that? The first recognised patient got the disease on the 1st December 2019, so nobody has been immune for longer than four months. Most people retain immunity to most diseases for life - RNA viruses mutate fast enough that this doesn't always help.

Virologists have been studying corona virii for the past 50 years. They know quite a bit about them, and this was one their findings.

And where have they articulated this insight? Provide a link.
Most corona virus do seem to mutate faster than Covid-19, and what you are probably saying is that they mutate fast enough to become unrecognisable, even if you lack the wit to realise this.

2) second time around infection /can/ be much worse due to this ADE phenomenon, and of course damage accumulated from a previous infection.

Again, how could you possibly know that? Hysterical speculation isn't actually evidence, and your grasp of what might be credible seems to have evaporated entirely.

Findings observed from a half century of dealing with these things.

To which you haven't bothered to provide any kind of link. The fact that ADE happens with MERS isn't any kind of evidence that it might happen with Covid-19.

Claiming that it has been known about for half a century - since 1970 - when the Wikipedia page on the subject

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibody-dependent_enhancement

doesn't have any reference dated earlier than 1985 is a little suspect. Wikipedia identifies it with dengue fever and - more recently - with HIV.
Antibodies to one particular sort of flu have been shown to make you more susceptible to a different flu virus, but that's not interesting in this context.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

On Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 4:51:10 AM UTC+11, mpm wrote:

It's isn't exactly luck. She hasn't been guilty of anything worse than not being a Republican.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

news:228e5a86-ea37-4ce0-8a26-aef84f9bc462@googlegroups.com:

On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 7:20:32 PM UTC-4,
DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:

The US military has a missile that utilizes a standard 9mm
parabellum round. Upon launch, it fires from within the missile,
and that impinges on a rotor that spools up the guidance gyro in
milliseconds instead of seconds later. The bullet breeches the
missile's skin and flys outward along with the missile away on an
angle.

Seriously?
Sure. Modern technology outweighs that '60s time frame stuff any
day.

A fast moving hunk of lead imparts a lot of force over a very short
time span. Think of another way to spool up a gyro rotor to a speed
which its regulation circuit stabilizes it all within a few tens of
millieconds.

The fix is that now we can use MEMs inertial reference chips.

GE makes an IRU that takes up about 8 inch cube and goes for $50k.
I do not know what they use inside.

The Apollo Saturn V booster had a bigger animal...

<https://www.reddit.com/r/MachinePorn/comments/2vd193/st124
_inertial_guidance_platform_used_in_the/>

news:228e5a86-ea37-4ce0-8a26-aef84f9bc462@googlegroups.com:

On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 7:20:32 PM UTC-4,
DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:

The US military has a missile that utilizes a standard 9mm
parabellum round. Upon launch, it fires from within the missile,
and that impinges on a rotor that spools up the guidance gyro in
milliseconds instead of seconds later. The bullet breeches the
missile's skin and flys outward along with the missile away on an
angle.

Seriously?

A much more advanced time in man's history...

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3PVcYvbNp4>

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back