Any ideas about removing the potting compound hopefully without damaging
the identification on the components? I\'ve likely got everything on that
board \'in stock\' so would be happy to replace the lot. But don\'t have a
schematic.
--
*I used up all my sick days so I called in dead
Dave Plowman da...@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Deepmaterial is reactive hot melt pressure sensitive adhesive manufacturer and supplier, manufacturing one component epoxy underfill adhesives, hot melt adhesives glue, uv curing adhesives,high refractive index optical adhesive, magnet bonding adhesives, best top waterproof structural adhesive glue for plastic to metal and glass, electronic adhesives glue for electric motor and micro motors in home appliance.
For more visit:
https://www.epoxyadhesiveglue.com/
https://www.deepmaterialcn.com/

On 30/10/2022 22:49, bruce bowser wrote:
Peter,
solar and wind are growing, the rest are dead (or they just don\'t know it, yet)

Unless battery storage is improved and expanded exponentially, that
would only work with a world-wide grid. Wind power is not predictable or
reliable, and in winter when you most need it you can get cols when no
wind blows for days. So you have a world-wide grid to link vast solar
arrays on both sides of the globe to ensure that power is available
everywhere day and night.

It would be similar to the gas pipeline \"grid\" we have at present in
Europe. That\'s working well with Russian gas, isn\'t it?...

--

Jeff

On Monday, October 31, 2022 at 4:47:01 AM UTC-4, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 30/10/2022 22:49, bruce bowser wrote:
Peter,
solar and wind are growing, the rest are dead (or they just don\'t know it, yet)

Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Schiller

Both wind and solar require pretty large footprints to make power at utility quantities.

Wind requires roughly one acre per megawatt - this assuming that the other open land required for clearances may also be used for farming or other similar purposes - just not housing, public buildings or schools.
A solar farm requires between five (5) and ten (10) acres per megawatt depending on location. Use 7.5.
Nuclear power requires very roughly 10% of the footprint of solar, but the plants produce far more power per acre, so the footprints for a large nuclear plant seem large - but they are not.
There is enough nuclear fuel on the planet *right now* to last very nearly 1,000 years at present levels of consumption. Put another way, present technology uses about 9.5% of the energy in the fuel. Using presently available processes and technologies, that may be extended to well over 50%.
There are over 1,500 boreholes in Nevada, alone that will be radioactive for the next 30,000 years or so. One (1) of the larger ones is capable of holding all the nuclear waste generated from all nuclear power plants world-wide. There are 1,500 of them, once again. In Nevada, alone. Once again.
93 US-based nuclear plants produce 19% of the total power used in the US.
Electricity consumption in the United States totaled 3,930 terawatt hours in 2021. Of that, 746.7 terawatt-hours were generated by nuclear plants.
One (1) Terawatt = One Million (1,000,000) megawatts.
So, vastly oversimplified, the standing capacity for power generation must be 1/24th of 1/365th of total consumption.
That comes to 85,240 MW for nuclear.
That comes to 448,639 MW entirely.
490 nuclear plants using present-day technology would do it, at an average of 100 acres each, or 49,000 acres.
That comes to 3,364,726 acres for solar.
That comes to 4.3 Rhode Islands. Very nearly four times that in actual practice, as last I looked the sun does not shine at night, weather still happens, and above the tropics, seasonal variations are an issue.

As to wind, those locations where it is practical are limited such that it is doubtful that, for instance, whether any of several interior US states would have sufficient capacity, and areas where there are regular high winds, deep cold or other conditions would also be limited.

Any nuclear ship or submarine will demonstrate the portability of nuclear power.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

On Mon, 07 Nov 2022 03:19:32 -0000, Clare Snyder <clare@snyder.on.ca> wrote:

On Sun, 06 Nov 2022 16:03:00 -0500, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:

On Sun, 6 Nov 2022 19:51:51 -0000 (UTC), danny burstein
dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

In <op.1u78rjekmvhs6z@ryzen.home> \"Commander Kinsey\" <CK1@nospam.com> writes:

[snip]

Since when could gas cool something anyway?

Broadly speaking, two ways:

a: using it to directly power a compressor the same
way it can run a car or generator

and

b: through that whole \"ammonia cycle\" deal which, while
I\'ve seen it in operation, makes my head hurt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absorption_refrigerator

Cabins & cottages in remote locations have used propane
burning fridges for decades.
John T.
Lots of Servels in Amish houses too - up John\'s way.

How can a cat produce a cooling effect? Do you make it run in a wheel to turn a compressor? Traditionally hamsters are for that.

And Amish with refridgeration? That would be against their rules surely?

> And Amish with refridgeration? That would be against their rules surely?

Not hardly. What the Amish discourage is direct connections to the outside. Keep in mind that Amish tend to be farmers, and tend to do a lot of dairy. So, in order to sell their product, they must comply with safety rules applicable to all farm products. They will use on-site generators for power, Absorption chillers (propane-fired) for cooling, and stationary engines to run fans and other devices via belts or pulleys.

https://amishamerica.com/do-amish-use-electricity/ Some of their farms are incredibly sophisticated in terms of energy use, between turbines, solar panels, even, in some cases, hydropower.

Note also: Amish may use a (Cell) Phone, but may not dial one. And they may ride in a IC vehicle, but may not drive one.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

On Tue, 08 Nov 2022 11:40:06 -0000, Peter W. <peterwieck33@gmail.com> wrote:

Not hardly. What the Amish discourage is direct connections to the outside.

I thought it was any machinery. As in a combine harvester, a car, etc. Refridgeration is machinery.

> Keep in mind that Amish tend to be farmers, and tend to do a lot of dairy. So, in order to sell their product, they must comply with safety rules applicable to all farm products. They will use on-site generators for power, Absorption chillers (propane-fired) for cooling, and stationary engines to run fans and other devices via belts or pulleys.

So they go against their own customs to please the morons in power?

https://amishamerica.com/do-amish-use-electricity/ Some of their farms are incredibly sophisticated in terms of energy use, between turbines, solar panels, even, in some cases, hydropower.

Note also: Amish may use a (Cell) Phone, but may not dial one. And they may ride in a IC vehicle, but may not drive one.

That\'s illogical and sounds like cheating, like a Jew I know who sets timers for Sunday so he doesn\'t have to go to the trouble and energy of pushing that really heavy lightswitch.

So this refridgeration is ok as long as they hire a non-Amish bloke to press the power button? I\'d love to have that job....

On Wed, 09 Nov 2022 00:12:08 -0000, Commander Kinsey wrote:

On Tue, 08 Nov 2022 11:40:06 -0000, Peter W. <peterwieck33@gmail.com
wrote:

And Amish with refridgeration? That would be against their rules
surely?

Not hardly. What the Amish discourage is direct connections to the
outside.

I thought it was any machinery. As in a combine harvester, a car, etc.
Refridgeration is machinery.

Like they say, it\'s complicated. There isn\'t an Amish pope so each colony
has their own rules. One Indiana colony split over whether rubber tires on
a buggy were the work of the Devil.

I loaded furniture at a plant that was was staffed, if not owned, by
Amish. The machinery was modern but when I had to go to another warehouse
the guy loading the truck wouldn\'t ride over, but galloped across the
fields to meet me there.

Besides furniture, quite a few mid-west RV factories employ Amish.

https://amishamerica.com/why-are-amish-building-rvs/

It\'s disconcerting to see a guy in the traditional clothing and beard
smoking a cigarette and drinking a can of Coke or a bottle of beer for
that matter. In many ways they\'re a lot more liberal than some of the
tight-assed Protestant sects derived from Calvinism.

On 9 Nov 2022 03:48:52 GMT, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blabbered again:

> Like they say, it\'s complicated. There isn\'t an Amish pope so each colony

Is it now about the Amish, you weird endlessly gossiping and driveling
senile Trumptard?

--
More of the senile gossip\'s absolutely idiotic senile blather:
\"I stopped for breakfast at a diner in Virginia when the state didn\'t do
DST. I remarked on the time difference and the crusty old waitress said
\'We keep God\'s time in Virginia.\'

I also lived in Ft. Wayne for a while.\"

MID: <t0tjfa$6r5$1@dont-email.me>

That\'s illogical and sounds like cheating, like a Jew I know who sets timers for Sunday so he doesn\'t have to go to the trouble and energy of pushing that really heavy lightswitch.

So this refridgeration is ok as long as they hire a non-Amish bloke to press the power button? I\'d love to have that job....

You must be one very, very blissful person.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

On Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at 12:33:13 PM UTC-7, jsc...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Chery -

This is a late response, but perhaps it will help someone else.

I could not follow some of your descriptions of on/off actions. Here is what I recommend. Turn off all circuit breakers that go to your Vantage modules, then turn them all on. If you have one enclosure, your CPU (master controller) will be rebooted by one of the circuit breakers. This is good. It will take a minute or so for it to reboot. If all works, you are good. If nothing works or you have more than one enclosure and only some light switches work but others do not, you have problems so continue reading.

Now you want to try to manually control individual circuits. There is a feature called Override which permits you to test without allowing the CPU do the work. In the master enclosure (has the CPU), there is an Manual Override switch. If the enclosure is not the master, then the Override feature may be linked to the master enclosure (this is normal) or it could be configured to only override that enclosure.

When Override is switched \'on\', you can control individual loads/lights. This accomplished by the 8 micro white switches on the top of each module in the enclosure. Switch up = on, switch down = off. If you can control each load then the 8-load module is not the problem. If you cannot control anything unless Override is active, a controller is suspect - either master or slave.

When the enclosure is a \'slave\' enclosure (2nd, 3rd, ... enclosure), if the CPU location in that enclosure is filled with an aluminum box, you have a slave controller for that enclosure. I have seen Master and Slave controllers fail due to lightening. The weak point in both is the power supply in those boxes. Replace those boxes and you will be good to go. A slave controller only needs to be replaced - no other action necessary. If it is a master controller, it will have to be programmed with your configuration. Hopefully that programming is available to you.

If the slave enclosure has no aluminum box that reads \'Slave Controller\', you have the newer InFusion configuration and will only see a circuit board at the bottom of the enclosure. For these, there is no slave controller to contend with.

On Wed, 09 Nov 2022 11:50:19 -0000, Peter W. <peterwieck33@gmail.com> wrote:

You must be one very, very blissful person.

I don\'t follow your reasoning.

> I don\'t follow your reasoning.

I expect that you do not - another indication of your blissful state.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

On Tue, 8 Nov 2022 03:40:06 -0800 (PST), \"Peter W.\"
<peterwieck33@gmail.com> wrote:

Not hardly. What the Amish discourage is direct connections to the outside. Keep in mind that Amish tend to be farmers, and tend to do a lot of dairy. So, in order to sell their product, they must comply with safety rules applicable to all farm products. They will use on-site generators for power, Absorption chillers (propane-fired) for cooling, and stationary engines to run fans and other devices via belts or pulleys.

Where in the Bible does it state they may not dial cellphones and
drive cars?

drive cars?

Another blissful person! The Amish way of life is not based on the Bible, but on their history of persecution before they left Switzerland and later, Germany. There are many peculiarities within the religion - for instance, they eschew buttons and zippers, they are non-violent, use long-guns, but not hand guns, and much more. Again, nothing at all to do with the Bible - but to keep themselves separate from the \"English\", their generic term for what is Not-Them. They are not Luddites, they are Separatists. They fully understand technology, and use what they must to comply with the law and with codes as they relate to selling their products. But no more. By the way, the technical name of their religion is Anabaptist.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

On Sun, 13 Nov 2022 05:10:28 -0800 (PST), \"Peter W.\"
<peterwieck33@gmail.com> wrote:

drive cars?

Another blissful person! The Amish way of life is not based on the Bible, but on their history of persecution before they left Switzerland and later, Germany. There are many peculiarities within the religion - for instance, they eschew buttons and zippers, they are non-violent, use long-guns, but not hand guns, and much more. Again, nothing at all to do with the Bible - but to keep themselves separate from the \"English\", their generic term for what is Not-Them. They are not Luddites, they are Separatists. They fully understand technology, and use what they must to comply with the law and with codes as they relate to selling their products. But no more. By the way, the technical name of their religion is Anabaptist.

Yes, well my question was intended tongue-in-cheek as you presumably
must know. Well, it\'s an interesting belief system for sure - and as
religions go, a very harmless one from what I can tell. Not many
religions can claim that.

On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 8:10:30 AM UTC-5, Peter W. wrote:
drive cars?
Another blissful person! The Amish way of life is not based on the Bible, but on their history of persecution before they left Switzerland and later, Germany. There are many peculiarities within the religion - for instance, they eschew buttons and zippers, they are non-violent, use long-guns, but not hand guns, and much more. Again, nothing at all to do with the Bible - but to keep themselves separate from the \"English\", their generic term for what is Not-Them.
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

I would think most of the Old Testament laws - dietary restrictions, clothing restrictions, circumcision, etc. - are exactly the same. The purpose is simply to maintain a separate identity.

> I would think most of the Old Testament laws - dietary restrictions, clothing restrictions, circumcision, etc. - are exactly the same. The purpose is simply to maintain a separate identity.

That is certainly a result, and the typical modern perception of those laws.. But, from an historical perspective, their roots are quite practical - and practiced by many contemporary groups for exactly the same reasons:

Dietary laws: Pork and some wild game carries Trichinella, a parasite that causes a very painful disease. Shellfish from warm waters carry multiple diseases, both viral and bacterial. draining animals of their blood greatly increased how long they could be kept. Carnivorous (obligatory vs. opportunistic) birds (including robins) carry all sorts of parasites that vegetarian (not vegan) birds do not. The milk/meat connection is one of the few that is very much behavioral, not practical - and that has to do with some of the pagan animal sacrifice rituals of the time.
Circumcision reduces genital infections - no small thing before antibiotics, practical indoor plumbing, and water-poor environments.
As to Clothing: The basic laws are simple—cover the knees, the elbows, and the collarbone, and don\'t wear anything skintight. Ever been in the Middle East? Even in the winter, the weather is not very forgiving of exposed skin. In the rainy season (and even Saudi has a rainy season), the mosquitoes, while not as bad as those in Alaska, are pretty nasty and very persistent. Skin-tight - not comfortable at 125F in the shade!

The separate identity expectation is common to many religions, not just the big-three. And the various & sundry rules promulgated to that end Mostly (NOT always) have practical roots that have grown into a life of their own rather than being still connected to their first-causes.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

On Tue, 15 Nov 2022 15:04:17 -0000, Tim R <timothy42bach@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 8:10:30 AM UTC-5, Peter W. wrote:
drive cars?
Another blissful person! The Amish way of life is not based on the Bible, but on their history of persecution before they left Switzerland and later, Germany. There are many peculiarities within the religion - for instance, they eschew buttons and zippers, they are non-violent, use long-guns, but not hand guns, and much more. Again, nothing at all to do with the Bible - but to keep themselves separate from the \"English\", their generic term for what is Not-Them.
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

I would think most of the Old Testament laws - dietary restrictions, clothing restrictions, circumcision, etc. - are exactly the same. The purpose is simply to maintain a separate identity.

I thought only Jews did the barbaric practise of circumcision? Something they should be locked up for.

On Sun, 13 Nov 2022 13:10:28 -0000, Peter W. <peterwieck33@gmail.com> wrote:

drive cars?

If they truly wanted to stay seperate from the English, they would not sell produce to them. They should make it for only themselves.

Heeft een van u de handleiding van de digelec 824 in pdf voor mij.
Bij voorbaat dank

--
For full context, visit https://www.electrondepot.com/repair/digelec-824-manual-165727-.htm

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back