Is there any way to get a different font for code sections?...

K

Kevin Simonson

When I make posts to this forum and have code to show, I do something like this:
Code:
module xyz ();

// ...

endmodule
This has worked on other forums, creating a window with the text in a different font for whatever was enclosed between the
Code:
 and
tags, but it doesn\'t look like it works here. Is there any way to get my code represented differently in this forum? I\'ve also used
Code:
 and
to represent the results of attempted simulations.

On Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 6:04:16 PM UTC-4, Kevin Simonson wrote:
When I make posts to this forum and have code to show, I do something like this:
Code:
module xyz ();

// ...

endmodule
This has worked on other forums, creating a window with the text in a different font for whatever was enclosed between the
Code:
 and
tags, but it doesn\'t look like it works here. Is there any way to get my code represented differently in this forum? I\'ve also used
Code:
 and
to represent the results of attempted simulations.

The simple answer is no, but I suppose that depends on where you believe \"here\" is. This is usenet and as such is intended to be a simple text based medium without typeface control. It also has issues with line length where the intention is to wrap lines at 72 characters. That often depends on the program you use to read and create posts.

So don\'t count on any help from the tools. They were all designed to worry about the structure of the conversation rather than the content and display of the messages.

--

Rick C.

++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back