How To Update Firefox 52...

J

Jeff Urban

Running Vista, which I know sucks but I don\'t have XP drivers for this thing and I am not putting a newer OS on here that will just slow it down more.

I want to go from 52.0 to 52.9 and already got the files but I don\'t know how to use them. There is an EXE in there and I tried it and it did nothing.

And I do not want to hear \"Get off the bucks and just buy a real computer\". I do not want that. It is not the money, it is actually that I do not want that. There are also things I use that won\'t run in anything newer. That involves money so it is no fucking joke.

There are all kinds of things I do not want. Surround sound. HDTV. Self driving cars. Hell I would prefer a manual transmission.

But what do I do with these files ? I actually downloaded them by mistake a while back but I didn\'t have the right version of Firefox. It could not work. Now I do and I can\'t make it work. WTF ?

On Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 5:25:32 PM UTC-7, Jeff Urban wrote:
Running Vista, which I know sucks but I don\'t have XP drivers for this thing and I am not putting a newer OS on here that will just slow it down more.

I want to go from 52.0 to 52.9 and already got the files but I don\'t know how to use them. There is an EXE in there and I tried it and it did nothing.

And I do not want to hear \"Get off the bucks and just buy a real computer\". I do not want that. It is not the money, it is actually that I do not want that. There are also things I use that won\'t run in anything newer. That involves money so it is no fucking joke.

There are all kinds of things I do not want. Surround sound. HDTV. Self driving cars. Hell I would prefer a manual transmission.

But what do I do with these files ? I actually downloaded them by mistake a while back but I didn\'t have the right version of Firefox. It could not work. Now I do and I can\'t make it work. WTF ?

Surround sound and HDTV are actually pretty cool. Sorry I don\'t know how to fix your Firefox.

G²

Jeff Urban wrote:

Running Vista
I want to go from 52.0 to 52.9
But what do I do with these files ?

I don\'t know what files you have, but I\'d suggest you just run the 52.9
installer

<http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/52.9.0esr/win32/en-US/Firefox%20Setup%2052.9.0esr.exe>

If your computer and OS still do what you need, I don\'t see why you would upgrade (other than if you\'re on line a lot and running XP and worried about malware.)

I\'m running a dual boot XP and Mint on an old laptop. I use only Mint but keep it dual boot for that rare stuff that needs Windows.

My Google Chrome stopped working. It turned out I could not reload, because my system was 32 bit and Chrome now only runs 64 bit. The solution was Chromium, which works just as well, maybe better. You might want to consider changing browsers.

On Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at 10:10:39 AM UTC-5, Tim R wrote:
If your computer and OS still do what you need, I don\'t see why you would upgrade (other than if you\'re on line a lot and running XP and worried about malware.)

Malware schmalware. I am not worried about anything. I got a stack of PCs, if one started spewing flames I would not care. Wel maybe the smell and the mess.

I\'m running a dual boot XP and Mint on an old laptop. I use only Mint but keep it dual boot for that rare stuff that needs Windows.

I got one around here that runs XP in Virtualbox. Problem is trying to get it recognize a bunch of drives.

> My Google Chrome stopped working. It turned out I could not reload, because my system was 32 bit and Chrome now only runs 64 bit. The solution was Chromium, which works just as well, maybe better. You might want to consider changing browsers.

I can\'t stand Chrome. I\'ll give up the whole internet before I will submit to that shit.

I DLed the file for the upgrade to 52.9. We\'ll see how that goes. I don\'t now why I couldn\'t find it.

On 7/10/2020 1:56 PM, Jeff Urban wrote:
On Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at 10:10:39 AM UTC-5, Tim R wrote:

Malware schmalware. I am not worried about anything. I got a stack of PCs, if one started spewing flames I would not care. Wel maybe the smell and the mess.

I got one around here that runs XP in Virtualbox. Problem is trying to get it recognize a bunch of drives.

My Google Chrome stopped working. It turned out I could not reload, because my system was 32 bit and Chrome now only runs 64 bit. The solution was Chromium, which works just as well, maybe better. You might want to consider changing browsers.

I can\'t stand Chrome. I\'ll give up the whole internet before I will submit to that shit.

I DLed the file for the upgrade to 52.9. We\'ll see how that goes. I don\'t now why I couldn\'t find it.

I worked on a machine with an older OS (can\'t remember which one) for
someone who kept having problems with Firefox, they were very happy with
Opera, which now has several very useful plugins.

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back