Error in vhdl code

When i was compiling my vhdl code i got an error.....near "EOF":syntax error...can anyone please tell me why this happens. The error is pointing to the last line of my code. Please help....

On Sunday, December 8, 2019 at 3:22:30 AM UTC-5, sweety...@gmail.com wrote:
> When i was compiling my vhdl code i got an error.....near "EOF":syntax error...can anyone please tell me why this happens. The error is pointing to the last line of my code. Please help....

The tool can't "think", it only knows what it is looking for. Most likely you have a control structure or some formatting feature missing and it is finding the end of the file without the missing syntax.

Go through your code and make sure all your control structures are complete and balanced and make sure all your formatting constructs are complete.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

On 2019-12-08 02:22, sweetymalutty@gmail.com wrote:
When i was compiling my vhdl code i got an error.....near "EOF":syntax error...can anyone please tell me why this happens. The error is pointing to the last line of my code. Please help....
You probably have an END statement missing somewhere: end if, end
process, end loop, end case, end architecture, ...

Charles Bailey

On Sunday, December 8, 2019 at 11:51:34 PM UTC+5:30, Charles Bailey wrote:
On 2019-12-08 02:22, sweetymalutty@gmail.com wrote:

You probably have an END statement missing somewhere: end if, end
process, end loop, end case, end architecture, ...

Charles Bailey

Thank you so much...it worked....the problem was indeed a missing END statement.

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back