earbud / headphone wire...

M

malua mada!

I have been known to repair headphones and earbuds that suffer from broken / stiff wires. Breakage usually occurs at the plug or headphone end.
With age the insulation gets so stiff that each movement transmits thunder to the ear. Repair is relatively easy but the cord gets shorter and shorter... I am looking for this type of wire:
two sheaths like zip cord, each containing two fine stranded lacquered copper conductors wound around/ along angel hair. One side contains a red and a clear coated wire, the other green (or blue) and clear.
Should be strong and light and flexible.
Suggest search terms...?
Thanks
Fritz

On 18/08/2020 23:17, malua mada! wrote:
I have been known to repair headphones and earbuds that suffer from broken / stiff wires. Breakage usually occurs at the plug or headphone end.
With age the insulation gets so stiff that each movement transmits thunder to the ear. Repair is relatively easy but the cord gets shorter and shorter... I am looking for this type of wire:
two sheaths like zip cord, each containing two fine stranded lacquered copper conductors wound around/ along angel hair. One side contains a red and a clear coated wire, the other green (or blue) and clear.
Should be strong and light and flexible.
Suggest search terms...?
Thanks
Fritz

It\'s got a name almost similar to your name ;-)

Look for Litz headphone wire

--
Adrian C

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back