Difference between Sony Vaio PCG-71312L and PCG-71312M....

S

server

Guest
Hi,
I want to find replacements for the keyboard and HDD caddy (tray) in a
Vaio PCG-71312L. eBay lists a caddy for a PCG-71312M.

Can anyone tell me how models PCG-71312L and PCG-71312M differ?
Same keyboard and caddy in the two?

Thx, ... P.
 
T

three_jeeps

Guest
On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 4:56:39 PM UTC-5, pe...@easthope.ca wrote:
Hi,
I want to find replacements for the keyboard and HDD caddy (tray) in a
Vaio PCG-71312L. eBay lists a caddy for a PCG-71312M.

Can anyone tell me how models PCG-71312L and PCG-71312M differ?
Same keyboard and caddy in the two?

Thx, ... P.

This vendor claims the keyboards are the same:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/112044239367
Googling seems to confirm this but you should double check.
look for kbd for PCG-71312L, then look for keyboard for PCG-71312M. Check if the p/n for the kbds match.

No info about the caddy.
Good luck
J
 
S

server

Guest
Hello again,

In article <11c785cc-8f5e-4953-b53c-62556089d9ecn@googlegroups.com>,
three_jeeps <jjhudak@gmail.com> wrote:
This vendor claims the keyboards are the same:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/112044239367
Googling seems to confirm this but you should double check.
look for kbd for PCG-71312L, then look for keyboard for PCG-71312M.
Check if the p/n for the kbds match.

Thanks for the reply.

The original keyboard is Sony part 148793541. I didn\'t find the
number in keyboards on ebay.

My search found two keyboards claimed to work in the machine.
112044239367 lacking the frame or bezel surrounding the keys and this
one with the frame.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/112048111792

I bought the 2nd, visible here installed in the machine.
http://easthope.ca/VaioKeyboards.jpg
The failed original keyboard is below. The two Enter keys and a few
adjacent keys differ in shape and position. The original keyboard has
some unusual markings on keytops, lacking on the new keyboard.

The machine has Debian 11 installed with X and default keyboard
support. No problems with function of the new keyboard.

Thanks again, ... Peter E.
 
M

Mike S

Guest
On 4/1/2022 8:29 AM, peter@easthope.ca wrote:
Hello again,

In article <11c785cc-8f5e-4953-b53c-62556089d9ecn@googlegroups.com>,
three_jeeps <jjhudak@gmail.com> wrote:
This vendor claims the keyboards are the same:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/112044239367
Googling seems to confirm this but you should double check.
look for kbd for PCG-71312L, then look for keyboard for PCG-71312M.
Check if the p/n for the kbds match.

Thanks for the reply.

The original keyboard is Sony part 148793541. I didn\'t find the
number in keyboards on ebay.

My search found two keyboards claimed to work in the machine.
112044239367 lacking the frame or bezel surrounding the keys and this
one with the frame.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/112048111792

I bought the 2nd, visible here installed in the machine.
http://easthope.ca/VaioKeyboards.jpg
The failed original keyboard is below. The two Enter keys and a few
adjacent keys differ in shape and position. The original keyboard has
some unusual markings on keytops, lacking on the new keyboard.

The machine has Debian 11 installed with X and default keyboard
support. No problems with function of the new keyboard.

Thanks again, ... Peter E.
This lists the p/n
Keyboard for SONY VPCEB VPCEB11FD VPCEB12FD VPCEB16FD VPCEB18FD 148793541

https://www.ebay.com/itm/251155097193?hash=item3a7a02a669:g:y2QAAOSwI~VTyEDP
 
S

server

Guest
In article <t290hh$hur$1@dont-email.me>, Mike S <mscir@yahoo.com> wrote:
This lists the p/n
Keyboard for SONY VPCEB VPCEB11FD VPCEB12FD VPCEB16FD VPCEB18FD 148793541

https://www.ebay.com/itm/251155097193?hash=item3a7a02a669:g:y2QAAOSwI~VTyEDP

Thanks Mike.

... P.
 

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Top