Bayer to collapse ? Supreme Court rejects Bayer bid to stop Roundup lawsuits Published: June 21, 2022 at 10:01 a.m. ET By Associated Press...

A

a a

Guest
The Supreme Court has rejected Bayer’s appeal to shut down thousands of lawsuits claiming that its Roundup weedkiller causes cancer.

The justices on Tuesday left in place a $25 million judgment in favor of Edwin Hardeman, a California man who says he developed cancer from using Roundup for decades to treat poison oak, overgrowth and weeds on his San Francisco Bay Area property. Hardeman’s lawsuit had served as a test case for thousands of similar lawsuits.

The high court’s action comes amid a series of court fights over Roundup that have pointed in different directions.

On Friday, a panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals rejected an Environmental Protection Agency finding from 2020 that glyphosate does not pose a serious health risk and is “not likely” to cause cancer in humans. The appellate court ordered the EPA to reexamine its finding.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/supreme-court-rejects-bayer-bid-to-stop-roundup-lawsuits-01655820106?mod=mw_latestnews
 
J

John Doe

Guest
Google spam...

--
a a <manta103g@gmail.com> wrote:

X-Received: by 2002:adf:d1ef:0:b0:215:89b0:9add with SMTP id g15-20020adfd1ef000000b0021589b09addmr28811462wrd.279.1655828594388;
Tue, 21 Jun 2022 09:23:14 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a81:72c5:0:b0:318:27ef:702c with SMTP id
n188-20020a8172c5000000b0031827ef702cmr2692117ywc.294.1655828594147; Tue, 21
Jun 2022 09:23:14 -0700 (PDT)
Path: not-for-mail
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 09:23:13 -0700 (PDT)
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=46.134.7.46; posting-account=XS5sXwoAAABKU0kHcsk_nashWaidAu0Q
NNTP-Posting-Host: 46.134.7.46
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <f1530868-0eb5-4037-88ef-6a36796380c1n@googlegroups.com
Subject: Bayer to collapse ? Supreme Court rejects Bayer bid to stop Roundup
lawsuits Published: June 21, 2022 at 10:01 a.m. ET By Associated Press
From: a a <manta103g@gmail.com
Injection-Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 16:23:14 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=\"UTF-8\"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Received-Bytes: 2342

The Supreme Court has rejected Bayer=E2=80=99s appeal to shut down thousand=
s of lawsuits claiming that its Roundup weedkiller causes cancer.

The justices on Tuesday left in place a $25 million judgment in favor of Ed=
win Hardeman, a California man who says he developed cancer from using Roun=
dup for decades to treat poison oak, overgrowth and weeds on his San Franci=
sco Bay Area property. Hardeman=E2=80=99s lawsuit had served as a test case=
for thousands of similar lawsuits.

The high court=E2=80=99s action comes amid a series of court fights over Ro=
undup that have pointed in different directions.

On Friday, a panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals rejected an Env=
ironmental Protection Agency finding from 2020 that glyphosate does not pos=
e a serious health risk and is =E2=80=9Cnot likely=E2=80=9D to cause cancer=
in humans. The appellate court ordered the EPA to reexamine its finding.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/supreme-court-rejects-bayer-bid-to-stop-r=
oundup-lawsuits-01655820106?mod=3Dmw_latestnews
 
E

Edward Hernandez

Guest
In message-id <t6nt3e$7bp$3@dont-email.me>
(http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=165357273000) posted Thu, 26 May 2022
12:50:54 -0000 (UTC) John Doe stated:

Always Wrong, the utterly foulmouthed group idiot, adding absolutely
NOTHING but insults to this thread, as usual...

Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe\'s post ratio to
USENET (**) has been 62.4% of its posts contributing \"nothing except
insults\" to USENET.

** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe has posted at
least 2046 articles to USENET. Of which 173 have been pure insults and
1104 have been John Doe \"troll format\" postings.

The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id
<sdhn7c$pkp$4@dont-email.me>:

> The troll doesn\'t even know how to format a USENET post...

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id
<sg3kr7$qt5$1@dont-email.me>:

The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from
breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is
CLUELESS...

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has continued to post incorrectly
formatted USENET articles that are devoid of content (latest example on
Tue, 21 Jun 2022 20:24:46 GMT in message-id
<iOpsK.237723$BZ99.112676@usenetxs.com>).

NOBODY likes the John Doe troll\'s contentless spam.

This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups
readers who happen by to point out that John Doe does not even follow
the rules it uses to troll other posters.

l6dB4Ysr/oZn
 
J

John Doe

Guest
Eddie, the Astraweb nym-shifting stalker is flagging off-topic posts
with its forgery of my ID, then replies to its own forgery. Strange but true.

Eddie has never posted anything NORMAL except when it got a spanking...

https://groups.google.com/g/sci.electronics.repair/c/MesPLcGU4BE

See also...
Bertrand Sindri <bertrand.sindri yahoo.com>
John Doe <always.look message.header> (Astraweb, Aioe.org)
Peter Weiner <dtgamer99 gmail.com>
Edward H. <dtgamer99 gmail.com>
Edward Hernandez <dtgamer99 gmail.com>

--
John Doe <always.look@message.header> wrote:

Path: eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!news.uzoreto.com!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc2.netnews.com!peer01.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer02.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!fx03.ams4.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: John Doe <always.look@message.header
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design,free.spam
Subject: Bayer to collapse ? Supreme Court rejects Bayer bid to stop Roundup
Followup-To: alt.test.group
References: <f1530868-0eb5-4037-88ef-6a36796380c1n@googlegroups.com
Injection-Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 16:24:46 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host=\"aefae07b417003b570527823e77a9930\"; logging-data=\"29200\"; mail-complaints-to=\"abuse@eternal-september.org\"; posting-account=\"U2FsdGVkX18QBXYPJWay5G0R7zD10mjY5gUD5xOvt6I=\"
User-Agent: Xnews/2006.08.05
Lines: 46
Message-ID: <iOpsK.237723$BZ99.112676@usenetxs.com
X-Complaints-To: https://www.astraweb.com/aup
NNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 20:24:46 UTC
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 20:24:46 GMT
X-Received-Bytes: 3204
Xref: reader02.eternal-september.org sci.electronics.design:672262 free.spam:19347

Google spam...

--
a a <manta103g@gmail.com> wrote:

X-Received: by 2002:adf:d1ef:0:b0:215:89b0:9add with SMTP id g15-20020adfd1ef000000b0021589b09addmr28811462wrd.279.1655828594388;
Tue, 21 Jun 2022 09:23:14 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a81:72c5:0:b0:318:27ef:702c with SMTP id
n188-20020a8172c5000000b0031827ef702cmr2692117ywc.294.1655828594147; Tue, 21
Jun 2022 09:23:14 -0700 (PDT)
Path: not-for-mail
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 09:23:13 -0700 (PDT)
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=46.134.7.46; posting-account=XS5sXwoAAABKU0kHcsk_nashWaidAu0Q
NNTP-Posting-Host: 46.134.7.46
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <f1530868-0eb5-4037-88ef-6a36796380c1n@googlegroups.com
Subject: Bayer to collapse ? Supreme Court rejects Bayer bid to stop Roundup
lawsuits Published: June 21, 2022 at 10:01 a.m. ET By Associated Press
From: a a <manta103g@gmail.com
Injection-Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 16:23:14 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=\"UTF-8\"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Received-Bytes: 2342

The Supreme Court has rejected Bayer=E2=80=99s appeal to shut down thousand=
s of lawsuits claiming that its Roundup weedkiller causes cancer.

The justices on Tuesday left in place a $25 million judgment in favor of Ed=
win Hardeman, a California man who says he developed cancer from using Roun=
dup for decades to treat poison oak, overgrowth and weeds on his San Franci=
sco Bay Area property. Hardeman=E2=80=99s lawsuit had served as a test case=
for thousands of similar lawsuits.

The high court=E2=80=99s action comes amid a series of court fights over Ro=
undup that have pointed in different directions.

On Friday, a panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals rejected an Env=
ironmental Protection Agency finding from 2020 that glyphosate does not pos=
e a serious health risk and is =E2=80=9Cnot likely=E2=80=9D to cause cancer=
in humans. The appellate court ordered the EPA to reexamine its finding.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/supreme-court-rejects-bayer-bid-to-stop-r=
oundup-lawsuits-01655820106?mod=3Dmw_latestnews
 
E

Edward Hernandez

Guest
John Doe stated the following in message-id <svsh05$lbh$5@dont-email.me>
(http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=164904625100) posted Fri, 4 Mar 2022
08:01:09 -0000 (UTC):

Compared to other regulars, Bozo contributes practically nothing
except insults to this group.

Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe\'s post ratio to
USENET (**) has been 62.7% of its posts contributing \"nothing except
insults\" to USENET.

** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe has posted at
least 2072 articles to USENET. Of which 173 have been pure insults and
1127 have been John Doe \"troll format\" postings.

The John Dope troll stated the following in message-id
<sdhn7c$pkp$4@dont-email.me>:

> The troll doesn\'t even know how to format a USENET post...

And the John Dope troll stated the following in message-id
<sg3kr7$qt5$1@dont-email.me>:

The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from
breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is
CLUELESS...

And yet, the clueless John Dope troll has continued to post incorrectly
formatted USENET articles that are devoid of content (latest example on
Tue, 21 Jun 2022 23:22:29 -0000 (UTC) in message-id
<t8tjrk$s6u$10@dont-email.me>).

NOBODY likes the John Doe troll\'s contentless spam.

This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups
readers who happen by to point out that John Dope does not even follow
the rules it uses to troll other posters.

/LesZu9JH2tG
 
F

Fred Bloggs

Guest
On Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 12:23:20 PM UTC-4, a a wrote:
The Supreme Court has rejected Bayer’s appeal to shut down thousands of lawsuits claiming that its Roundup weedkiller causes cancer.

The justices on Tuesday left in place a $25 million judgment in favor of Edwin Hardeman, a California man who says he developed cancer from using Roundup for decades to treat poison oak, overgrowth and weeds on his San Francisco Bay Area property. Hardeman’s lawsuit had served as a test case for thousands of similar lawsuits.

The high court’s action comes amid a series of court fights over Roundup that have pointed in different directions.

On Friday, a panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals rejected an Environmental Protection Agency finding from 2020 that glyphosate does not pose a serious health risk and is “not likely” to cause cancer in humans. The appellate court ordered the EPA to reexamine its finding.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/supreme-court-rejects-bayer-bid-to-stop-roundup-lawsuits-01655820106?mod=mw_latestnews

There is no scientific proof whatsoever. The IARC finding is backtracking from work done by a French researcher using rats genetically engineered to develop cancer. Lancet or whoever published his paper pulled the paper from publication. For every one of these people claiming victimization by Roundup, there are a good fraction of a million with identical exposure profiles who did not develop cancer. Science is not a popularity contest which is what you make it when you apply ancient 13th century legal traditions to modern times.
Here\'s a good explainer of their reasoning:
https://www.sciencenewsforstudents.org/article/explainer-correlation-causation-coincidence-and-more

Bottom line: Bayer isn\'t going anywhere- they\'re a humongous pharmaceutical among other things- and ordinary people are going to have to pay for this faux legal bullshit.

And nobody cares about the 9th circuit wackadoodles who have the record for most appeals decisions overturned of all the federal appeals courts.

Thanks for your insightful headline reading though. Sometimes just reading the headline and picture captions is enough to get the message.
 
A

a a

Guest
On Wednesday, 22 June 2022 at 18:24:04 UTC+2, Fred Bloggs wrote:
On Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 12:23:20 PM UTC-4, a a wrote:
The Supreme Court has rejected Bayer’s appeal to shut down thousands of lawsuits claiming that its Roundup weedkiller causes cancer.

The justices on Tuesday left in place a $25 million judgment in favor of Edwin Hardeman, a California man who says he developed cancer from using Roundup for decades to treat poison oak, overgrowth and weeds on his San Francisco Bay Area property. Hardeman’s lawsuit had served as a test case for thousands of similar lawsuits.

The high court’s action comes amid a series of court fights over Roundup that have pointed in different directions.

On Friday, a panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals rejected an Environmental Protection Agency finding from 2020 that glyphosate does not pose a serious health risk and is “not likely” to cause cancer in humans. The appellate court ordered the EPA to reexamine its finding.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/supreme-court-rejects-bayer-bid-to-stop-roundup-lawsuits-01655820106?mod=mw_latestnews
There is no scientific proof whatsoever. The IARC finding is backtracking from work done by a French researcher using rats genetically engineered to develop cancer. Lancet or whoever published his paper pulled the paper from publication. For every one of these people claiming victimization by Roundup, there are a good fraction of a million with identical exposure profiles who did not develop cancer. Science is not a popularity contest which is what you make it when you apply ancient 13th century legal traditions to modern times.
Here\'s a good explainer of their reasoning:
https://www.sciencenewsforstudents.org/article/explainer-correlation-causation-coincidence-and-more

Bottom line: Bayer isn\'t going anywhere- they\'re a humongous pharmaceutical among other things- and ordinary people are going to have to pay for this faux legal bullshit.

And nobody cares about the 9th circuit wackadoodles who have the record for most appeals decisions overturned of all the federal appeals courts.

Thanks for your insightful headline reading though. Sometimes just reading the headline and picture captions is enough to get the message.
science for students is low science

Monsanto should be banned world-wide
It doesn\'t matter if renamed to Bayer
 
J

John Doe

Guest
Fred Bloggs <bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

Bottom line: Bayer isn\'t going anywhere- they\'re a humongous
pharmaceutical among other things- and ordinary people are going to have
to pay for this faux legal bullshit.

But of course ordinary people suffer when poisoned by humongous companies,
too. And those companies fight the people tooth and nail.

I recall the Supreme Court acting a little annoyed by Monsanto suits
(maybe over the same product), now owned by Bayer.
 
W

whit3rd

Guest
On Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at 9:41:59 AM UTC-7, a a wrote:
On Wednesday, 22 June 2022 at 18:24:04 UTC+2, Fred Bloggs wrote:

Thanks for your insightful headline reading though. Sometimes just reading the headline and picture captions is enough to get the message.

science for students is low science

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Study is worthwhile
\'for students\', which is why students... study. All subjects of
study are, in someone\'s opinion, worthy.

How can a worthy subject be called \'low\', and why
would anyone care? If it\'s worth doing, do it!
 

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Top