All my PDF files suddenly become Chrome HTML Document! Why?...

On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 10:56:17 PM UTC, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:
On Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 10:51:37 PM UTC-4, Catherine Dulany DiBenedetto wrote:
On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 9:13:01 AM UTC-5, Cindi Wilson wrote:
On Thursday, December 30, 2021 at 12:58:05 AM UTC+1, brenda Carlin wrote:
On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 9:51:33 AM UTC-6, KJ wrote:
Dear Weng,
Same thing happened to me also. Could you please share the method how you changed back viewing docs as pdf? (video link you shared says its private and could not access)
Many thanks!
All the best,
Tijana
You probably just need to right click on any PDF file, then select \'Open With\' then \'Choose another app\' which will bring up a list of programs. Select the viewer you want and check the \'Always use this app to open ..PDF files\' checkbox.

Kevin Jennings
Thanks!!! This worked easy
Kevin Jennings - Thanks!! Your solution worked perfectly. Best, Cindi
Hello,

I tried to open an attached document on an email (\"open with...\") using Google Sheets and it changed every pdf document on my computer to the google chrome as well. (Actually, it was my husband\'s computer and he\'s not happy). I found this site and it sounds like what happened to us. I can see how to change just one document, but I am not sure about getting into the \"settings\" to change all of the documents back to pdf\'s. Can you please walk me through it again? I don\'t see the \"always use this app to open\" when I right click on a file. Please help!
I don\'t think you can change it for just one file. It is a setting that uses the suffix, the .xxx part and applies to every file with that suffix.

Open Windows file explorer and right click a PDF file, select \"properties\". Make sure the \"general\" tab is selected and at the top of that tab you will see \"Opens with\" and a button, \"Change...\". Click the button. Now find the program you use by default to view PDF files. If it is not shown, click \"more apps\". If it is still not shown click \"look for another app on this PC\". When you find the app select it and click OK. In the properties window click \"Apply\". That should do it!

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Thank you SO much this has worked :)

On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 5:51:33 PM UTC+2, KJ wrote:
Dear Weng,
Same thing happened to me also. Could you please share the method how you changed back viewing docs as pdf? (video link you shared says its private and could not access)
Many thanks!
All the best,
Tijana
You probably just need to right click on any PDF file, then select \'Open With\' then \'Choose another app\' which will bring up a list of programs. Select the viewer you want and check the \'Always use this app to open .PDF files\' checkbox.

Kevin Jennings
Thank you Kevin - that is the answer

On Sunday, February 6, 2022 at 6:07:21 PM UTC+3, lars kirk wrote:
Dear Weng,
Many thanks!
All the best,
Tijana
You probably just need to right click on any PDF file, then select \'Open With\' then \'Choose another app\' which will bring up a list of programs. Select the viewer you want and check the \'Always use this app to open .PDF files\' checkbox.

Kevin Jennings
Thanks, Kevin it helped me.

On Friday, May 27, 2022 at 10:02:38 PM UTC-7, William Wasonga wrote:
Dear Weng,
Many thanks!
All the best,
Tijana

Kevin Jennings

This doesn\'t work for me. When I follow the steps outlined above, Type of file is \"Chrome HTML Document (.pdf)\", and Opens with says \"Adobe Acrobat DC\" already. There\'s nothing to change.

This happened to me as will. I have been trying to sync my laptop to my desktop. Once I allowed one drive access to my files it changed them to html format.

On Sunday, June 5, 2022 at 11:50:38 AM UTC-4, Barbara Lance wrote:
On Friday, May 27, 2022 at 10:02:38 PM UTC-7, William Wasonga wrote:
Dear Weng,
Many thanks!
All the best,
Tijana

Kevin Jennings
This doesn\'t work for me. When I follow the steps outlined above, Type of file is \"Chrome HTML Document (.pdf)\", and Opens with says \"Adobe Acrobat DC\" already. There\'s nothing to change.

Try changing to none or some other app. Then change it back.

On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 9:51:33 AM UTC-6, KJ wrote:
Dear Weng,
Many thanks!
All the best,
Tijana

Kevin Jennings
Thanks. This was very helpful.

What if I don\'t have adobe acrobat? I want my pdf files to open in chrome but be listed as pdfs instead of chrome html documents in my computer\'s file explorer.

On Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 2:14:32 PM UTC-4, Ethan S wrote:
> What if I don\'t have adobe acrobat? I want my pdf files to open in chrome but be listed as pdfs instead of chrome html documents in my computer\'s file explorer.

That\'s a good one. Windows used to have a tool that would show you the list of associations and there might well be one that would suit. But... what \"file type\" shows up in Windows explorer? I guess it lists the type as a Chrome HTML doc? I suppose this stuff is stored in the registry. You might be able to change the file icon to a PDF file. Hmm... I can\'t find a way to do that through the file properties. I guess they\'ve taken that out too!

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

On Monday, November 29, 2021 at 8:10:33 AM UTC-8, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:
On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 11:51:33 AM UTC-4, KJ wrote:
Dear Weng,
Many thanks!
All the best,
Tijana
A new machine seems to default to making various MS apps the default if you give it half a chance. I do exactly the above to fix the issue when found. You can also go into a settings dialog and address all of the file types at once. That\'s what I had to do for LibreOffice to get the umptynine file types away from MS office and Edge.

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Thank you this worked!

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back