EDAboard.com | EDAboard.eu | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | RTV forum PL | NewsGroups PL

Why don't they make female USB panel-mount sockets with ribb

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics Components - Why don't they make female USB panel-mount sockets with ribb

PC Guy

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:56 am   

So if I want to make something like this:

http://m4.sourcingmap.com/photo_new/20090106/c/ux_a09010600ux0042_ux_c.jpg

But instead of the tedious job of soldering those wires, instead I want
to use press-fit ribbon cables - which would be easy on the 10-pin
connector - but what to do for the USB connector?

Is there a reason why they don't make USB connectors with press-fit
ribbon cable termination?

jfeng@my-deja.com

Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:20 pm   

I would say "Why bother?" when you can buy them pretty cheaply. This eBay seller http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motherboard-USB-2-0-Cable-Adapter-Rear-Panel-Bracket-I-/140518152161?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:3160 will deliver to your home for under US$2. It looks like you can unscrew the USB ports from the PC bracket if you really don't want it.

jfeng@my-deja.com

Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:30 am   

I looked and could not find one for sale at any of my favorite electronic or computer parts stores in the Silicon Valley (Fry's, Halted, Central Computer, Anchor, etc.). I bought one from the Chinese eBay seller for US$1.72.. It took about a week to arrive.

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics Components - Why don't they make female USB panel-mount sockets with ribb

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic versionBulgarian versionCatalan versionCzech versionDanish versionGerman versionGreek versionEnglish versionSpanish versionFinnish versionFrench versionHindi versionCroatian versionIndonesian versionItalian versionHebrew versionJapanese versionKorean versionLithuanian versionLatvian versionDutch versionNorwegian versionPolish versionPortuguese versionRomanian versionRussian versionSlovak versionSlovenian versionSerbian versionSwedish versionTagalog versionUkrainian versionVietnamese versionChinese version
RTV map EDAboard.com map News map EDAboard.eu map EDAboard.de map EDAboard.co.uk map