EDAboard.com | EDAboard.eu | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | RTV forum PL | NewsGroups PL

What do you get???

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics AUS - What do you get???

Goto page 1, 2  Next

F Murtz
Guest

Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:27 pm   



Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic-Electronic-Water-Timer-Garden-Irrigation-Controller-Digital-Watering-/142088240924?var=&hash=item21151e7f1c:m:mAprfUy5Go0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Don McKenzie
Guest

Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:47 pm   



On 22/08/2016 5:27 PM, F Murtz wrote:
Quote:


Just the timer without batteries by the look of it.

Cheers Don...





--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics has just launched a new Shopping Cart.
Now located at: https://www.shop-dontronics.com

All Olimex products now 75% to 95% off normal Olimex Prices.
https://www.shop-dontronics.com/olimex-discounts
Many other items discounted up to 95% off.
Also discounts on Sparkfun, CCS, SimmStick, etc.

Rheilly Phoull
Guest

Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:19 pm   



On 22/08/2016 3:27 PM, F Murtz wrote:
Quote:


I'd say the green one. I got one of the white ones and it has a recharge
battery installed.

F Murtz
Guest

Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:38 pm   



Rheilly Phoull wrote:
Quote:
On 22/08/2016 3:27 PM, F Murtz wrote:

Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic-Electronic-Water-Timer-Garden-Irrigation-Controller-Digital-Watering-/142088240924?var=&hash=item21151e7f1c:m:mAprfUy5Go0uSIjIMTimHAQ



http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

I'd say the green one. I got one of the white ones and it has a recharge
battery installed.


The white thing looks like a timer out of some other system.I do not
think the white thing and the green thing are anything to do with each
other but the add goes into great detail pictorially with the green
thing and puts one picture of something totally different.
I personally guess that the $8.00 thing is the white thing and the green
thing should be $18.oo judging by other sites.(But I would like to get
the green one for $8.00)

Jasen Betts
Guest

Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:03 pm   



On 2016-08-22, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
Quote:


Pick a shape!



In other words, the white one.

--
This email has not been checked by half-arsed antivirus software

F Murtz
Guest

Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:50 pm   



Jasen Betts wrote:
Quote:

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying to
fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing have
nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are doing?

Computer Nerd Kev
Guest

Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:55 am   



In aus.electronics Andy Wood <woodag_at_trap.ozemail.com.au> wrote:
Quote:

F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com> wrote:


Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic-Electronic-Water-Timer-Garden-
Irrigation-Controller-Digital-Watering-/142088240924?var=&hash=item
21151e7f1c:m:mAprfUy5Go0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

I'd say you will get the white one (a very common kind of timer on
Ebay and elsewhere, different voltage variants available), because in
the body of the listing, that is called "Programmable Timer Switch",
and that is the only "shape" you can select.

Perhaps they ran out of the green ones and it was easiest to remove
the selection for it?

A bit odd to list such different items together, but here is another
listing doing the same, where you can select either one, and the price
adjusts accordingly:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic-Digital-Electronic-Watering-Timer
-Garden-Irrigation-Controller-I5-/182245216860?var=&hash=item2a6ea9525
c:m:mV6ZRSZGMYyRLiZS3OWK1cw


Yeah, this is very common on Ebay for popular items. They make a
multi-item listing with a picture of the more expensive item, and
the price for the cheaper item appears in the search results. That
way they get better visibility in the results for the more expensive
item even though they have the same price as everyone else.

If you try to find something like an 8GB USB memory stick, it will
drive you nuts because all the prices that come up will be for 128MB
sticks, and you only get to see the 8GB price after bringing up a
listing page and selecting the correct item.

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#


Guest

Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:08 am   



On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 02:50:01 +1000, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com>
wrote:

Quote:
Jasen Betts wrote:
On 2016-08-22, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
Wonder what you get
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic-Electronic-Water-Timer-Garden-Irrigation-Controller-Digital-Watering-/142088240924?var=&hash=item21151e7f1c:m:mAprfUy5Go0uSIjIMTimHAQ
http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying to
fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing have
nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are doing?


I have a couple of the white ones sitting in my shed. The white ones
do not use AAA size batteries, so presumably it's the green ones for
sale.

Anyway, their feedback sucks, I'd avoid these guys.

On that theme, I see somebody gave these guys a Neg with a positive
comment: "Awesome product awesome people:) highly recommended".
How do you fvck up leaving feedback like that??

Andy Wood
Guest

Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:12 am   



F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

Quote:


I'd say you will get the white one (a very common kind of timer on
Ebay and elsewhere, different voltage variants available), because in
the body of the listing, that is called "Programmable Timer Switch",
and that is the only "shape" you can select.

Perhaps they ran out of the green ones and it was easiest to remove
the selection for it?

A bit odd to list such different items together, but here is another
listing doing the same, where you can select either one, and the price
adjusts accordingly:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic-Digital-Electronic-Watering-Timer-Garden-Irrigation-Controller-I5-/182245216860?var=&hash=item2a6ea9525c:m:mV6ZRSZGMYyRLiZS3OWK1cw



Andy Wood
woodag_at_trap.ozemail.com.au

F Murtz
Guest

Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:30 am   



Je´┐Żus wrote:
Quote:
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 02:50:01 +1000, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com
wrote:

Jasen Betts wrote:
On 2016-08-22, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
Wonder what you get
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic-Electronic-Water-Timer-Garden-Irrigation-Controller-Digital-Watering-/142088240924?var=&hash=item21151e7f1c:m:mAprfUy5Go0uSIjIMTimHAQ
http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying to
fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing have
nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are doing?

I have a couple of the white ones sitting in my shed. The white ones
do not use AAA size batteries, so presumably it's the green ones for
sale.


Were the white ones a complete unit that you put on a tap and timed
water comes out? they just look like a timer to plug into a seperate
water control unit.


Quote:

Anyway, their feedback sucks, I'd avoid these guys.

On that theme, I see somebody gave these guys a Neg with a positive
comment: "Awesome product awesome people:) highly recommended".
How do you fvck up leaving feedback like that??


F Murtz
Guest

Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:30 am   



Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
Quote:
In aus.electronics Andy Wood <woodag_at_trap.ozemail.com.au> wrote:

F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com> wrote:


Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic-Electronic-Water-Timer-Garden-
Irrigation-Controller-Digital-Watering-/142088240924?var=&hash=item
21151e7f1c:m:mAprfUy5Go0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

I'd say you will get the white one (a very common kind of timer on
Ebay and elsewhere, different voltage variants available), because in
the body of the listing, that is called "Programmable Timer Switch",
and that is the only "shape" you can select.

Perhaps they ran out of the green ones and it was easiest to remove
the selection for it?

A bit odd to list such different items together, but here is another
listing doing the same, where you can select either one, and the price
adjusts accordingly:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic-Digital-Electronic-Watering-Timer
-Garden-Irrigation-Controller-I5-/182245216860?var=&hash=item2a6ea9525
c:m:mV6ZRSZGMYyRLiZS3OWK1cw

Yeah, this is very common on Ebay for popular items. They make a
multi-item listing with a picture of the more expensive item, and
the price for the cheaper item appears in the search results. That
way they get better visibility in the results for the more expensive
item even though they have the same price as everyone else.


But I recon the white one is a totally different thing,not a complete
unit just a part of something else?
Quote:

If you try to find something like an 8GB USB memory stick, it will
drive you nuts because all the prices that come up will be for 128MB
sticks, and you only get to see the 8GB price after bringing up a
listing page and selecting the correct item.


~misfit~
Guest

Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:30 am   



Once upon a time on usenet Je▀us wrote:
Quote:
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 02:50:01 +1000, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com
wrote:

Jasen Betts wrote:
On 2016-08-22, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
Wonder what you get
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic-Electronic-Water-Timer-Garden-Irrigation-Controller-Digital-Watering-/142088240924?var=&hash=item21151e7f1c:m:mAprfUy5Go0uSIjIMTimHAQ
http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying
to fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing
have nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are
doing?

I have a couple of the white ones sitting in my shed. The white ones
do not use AAA size batteries, so presumably it's the green ones for
sale.

Anyway, their feedback sucks, I'd avoid these guys.

On that theme, I see somebody gave these guys a Neg with a positive
comment: "Awesome product awesome people:) highly recommended".
How do you fvck up leaving feedback like that??


I think that usually happens when someone changes their feedback due to the
item ceasing to function. They either forget to change both parts of the
feedback or are only able to change part of it.
--
Shaun.

"Humans will have advanced a long, long way when religious belief has a cozy
little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
(*Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders)

Andy Wood
Guest

Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:38 pm   



F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

Quote:

But I recon the white one is a totally different thing,not a complete
unit just a part of something else?


I don't think it is "just a part of something else", but even if it
was made for use in some specific appliance/whatever, it does have
general use, and timers like that are widely available.

Here is a similar timer sold by Jaycar:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/12vdc-digital-mains-timer-switch-module/p/AA0361

(Way more expensive, of course.)


Andy Wood
woodag_at_trap.ozemail.com.au

Computer Nerd Kev
Guest

Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:49 am   



In aus.electronics Je?us <j_at_j.j> wrote:
Quote:
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 18:28:27 +1200, "~misfit~"
shaun.at.pukekohe_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Once upon a time on usenet Je?us wrote:
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 02:50:01 +1000, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com
wrote:

Jasen Betts wrote:
On 2016-08-22, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
Wonder what you get
http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying
to fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing
have nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are
doing?

I have a couple of the white ones sitting in my shed. The white ones
do not use AAA size batteries, so presumably it's the green ones for
sale.

Anyway, their feedback sucks, I'd avoid these guys.

On that theme, I see somebody gave these guys a Neg with a positive
comment: "Awesome product awesome people:) highly recommended".
How do you fvck up leaving feedback like that??

I think that usually happens when someone changes their feedback due to the
item ceasing to function. They either forget to change both parts of the
feedback or are only able to change part of it.

Oh, right. I wasn't aware you could change feedback once you left it.


I think it's only if the seller requests that you change it. I'm not
sure how the process works after that.

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#


Guest

Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:39 am   



On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 14:33:45 +1000, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com>
wrote:

Quote:
Je?us wrote:
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 02:50:01 +1000, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com
wrote:

Jasen Betts wrote:
On 2016-08-22, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
Wonder what you get
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic-Electronic-Water-Timer-Garden-Irrigation-Controller-Digital-Watering-/142088240924?var=&hash=item21151e7f1c:m:mAprfUy5Go0uSIjIMTimHAQ
http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying to
fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing have
nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are doing?

I have a couple of the white ones sitting in my shed. The white ones
do not use AAA size batteries, so presumably it's the green ones for
sale.

Were the white ones a complete unit that you put on a tap and timed
water comes out? they just look like a timer to plug into a seperate
water control unit.


No, the white ones are not a water timer - just purely an electronic
timer you can connect to whatever you want.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics AUS - What do you get???

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic versionBulgarian versionCatalan versionCzech versionDanish versionGerman versionGreek versionEnglish versionSpanish versionFinnish versionFrench versionHindi versionCroatian versionIndonesian versionItalian versionHebrew versionJapanese versionKorean versionLithuanian versionLatvian versionDutch versionNorwegian versionPolish versionPortuguese versionRomanian versionRussian versionSlovak versionSlovenian versionSerbian versionSwedish versionTagalog versionUkrainian versionVietnamese versionChinese version
RTV map EDAboard.com map News map EDAboard.eu map EDAboard.de map EDAboard.co.uk map