EDAboard.com | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | WTWH Media

Trump keeps predicting coronavirus death tolls the U.S. then

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics Design - Trump keeps predicting coronavirus death tolls the U.S. then

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Guest

Tue May 05, 2020 4:45 pm   



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rE-v0nnbHk&list=LLkBcHzChtY1WzDgmGGnz-1g&index=3&t=0s

The scariest part is he's going to get Biden elected.

bitrex
Guest

Tue May 05, 2020 5:45 pm   



On 5/5/2020 11:54 AM, bitrex wrote:
Quote:
On 5/5/2020 11:28 AM, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred_at_gmail.com wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rE-v0nnbHk&list=LLkBcHzChtY1WzDgmGGnz-1g&index=3&t=0s


The scariest part is he's going to get Biden elected.


Americans can forgive evil, Americans don't forgive weakness. Trump
can't make America back to normal quickly no matter what he does.

He can show that he knows how to be callous and shrug in the face of
statistics about fatalities - it at least shows he's not "a pussy" which
is what Americans in general would prefer in a leader.

Just a few tens of thousands of dead sickly and old people that only
weak pussies would care about.


That is to say, under the right circumstances I think you might be
surprised how well informing Americans their lives aren't worth very
much plays among Americans at the polls

bitrex
Guest

Tue May 05, 2020 5:45 pm   



On 5/5/2020 11:28 AM, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred_at_gmail.com wrote:
Quote:


Americans can forgive evil, Americans don't forgive weakness. Trump
can't make America back to normal quickly no matter what he does.

He can show that he knows how to be callous and shrug in the face of
statistics about fatalities - it at least shows he's not "a pussy" which
is what Americans in general would prefer in a leader.

Just a few tens of thousands of dead sickly and old people that only
weak pussies would care about.


Guest

Tue May 05, 2020 6:45 pm   



On Tue, 5 May 2020 12:02:51 -0400, bitrex <user_at_example.net> wrote:

Quote:
On 5/5/2020 11:54 AM, bitrex wrote:
On 5/5/2020 11:28 AM, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred_at_gmail.com wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rE-v0nnbHk&list=LLkBcHzChtY1WzDgmGGnz-1g&index=3&t=0s


The scariest part is he's going to get Biden elected.


Americans can forgive evil, Americans don't forgive weakness. Trump
can't make America back to normal quickly no matter what he does.

He can show that he knows how to be callous and shrug in the face of
statistics about fatalities - it at least shows he's not "a pussy" which
is what Americans in general would prefer in a leader.

Just a few tens of thousands of dead sickly and old people that only
weak pussies would care about.

That is to say, under the right circumstances I think you might be
surprised how well informing Americans their lives aren't worth very
much plays among Americans at the polls


Some Americans are willing to take risks. People scuba dive, climb
rocks, bicycle in traffic, eat junk food.

Some are terrified. I know people who are too afraid to drive on a
freeway.



--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Science teaches us to doubt.

Claude Bernard

Ricky C
Guest

Tue May 05, 2020 6:45 pm   



On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 11:28:37 AM UTC-4, bloggs.fre...@gmail.com wrote:
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rE-v0nnbHk&list=LLkBcHzChtY1WzDgmGGnz-1g&index=3&t=0s

The scariest part is he's going to get Biden elected.


I'm a bit concerned about the sexual impropriety claims against Biden. There have been many claims with varying levels of evidence against Trump, Kavanaugh, Thomas and they have all been largely dispersed by various means, mostly due to the inability to actually prove anything since it often comes down to he said, she said. So now claims are being made against Biden with a similar level of support. I'm not sure how to consider these claims of improprieties from nearly 30 years ago since it is nearly impossible to verify the veracity of an event that was not reported and took place so long ago.

Biden is a bit of an odd bird in that he applies his personal sense of appropriateness to public situations like awkward physical contact and kissing women on the top of the head. It would seem he has stopped doing this, but why did no one explain to him it was inappropriate 10 years ago?

So there are the much more important allegations against Biden which need to be addressed, but I'm willing to ignore the issue of his now rectified sense of appropriateness. Let's face it. The current President has lowered the bar of appropriateness bigly.

Trump's changing attitude and responses to the COVID-19 crisis is typical of Trump. Literally everything he does is about himself and how it affects him. He didn't take the disease seriously until he saw the impact it was having on his image. Now his ineffectiveness is becoming a major issue and he continues to treat it as a matter of public relations and/or marketing. I read he is talking about resuming the COVID briefings. Good for him. Someone give me a bit more rope.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209


Guest

Tue May 05, 2020 6:45 pm   



On Tue, 5 May 2020 08:28:31 -0700 (PDT),
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred_at_gmail.com wrote:

Quote:


Virus predictions are all over the place. 20:1 errors, from Top
Scientists, are common.

The data collection is mostly nonsense too. The case load tracks
testing density, and testing is increasing wildly. Definitions keep
changing.

Biden is helping Trump get re-elected.





--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Science teaches us to doubt.

Claude Bernard


Guest

Tue May 05, 2020 6:45 pm   



On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 8:54:08 AM UTC-7, bitrex wrote:
Quote:
On 5/5/2020 11:28 AM, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred_at_gmail.com wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rE-v0nnbHk&list=LLkBcHzChtY1WzDgmGGnz-1g&index=3&t=0s

The scariest part is he's going to get Biden elected.


Americans can forgive evil, Americans don't forgive weakness. Trump
can't make America back to normal quickly no matter what he does.

He can show that he knows how to be callous and shrug in the face of
statistics about fatalities - it at least shows he's not "a pussy" which
is what Americans in general would prefer in a leader.

Just a few tens of thousands of dead sickly and old people that only
weak pussies would care about.


Your money or your life?

They decided to keep the money. Anyway, the Fed is backing out of the blanket lock-down and let the states decide. I would go one step further and let the counties decide. SF and LA might need more lock-down, but not the rest of California.


Guest

Tue May 05, 2020 7:45 pm   



On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 1:10:33 PM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
Quote:
On Tue, 5 May 2020 08:28:31 -0700 (PDT),
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred_at_gmail.com wrote:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rE-v0nnbHk&list=LLkBcHzChtY1WzDgmGGnz-1g&index=3&t=0s

The scariest part is he's going to get Biden elected.

Virus predictions are all over the place. 20:1 errors, from Top
Scientists, are common.

The data collection is mostly nonsense too. The case load tracks
testing density, and testing is increasing wildly. Definitions keep
changing.

Biden is helping Trump get re-elected.


Listen to this moron if you think ignorance doesn't cross party lines:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JZ0Ruh89f0

Here's another one shooting his mouth of when unbeknownst to him there were a quarter million carriers in the state:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUMeKzTfQ9k

Then these jackass politicians with their phony organizational planning is analogous to drawing an electronic schematic using a symbol library only- no real parts, their specifications and detailed interconnections behind the symbols. Of course they don't realize it until they have a disaster on their hands.



Quote:





--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Science teaches us to doubt.

Claude Bernard


whit3rd
Guest

Tue May 05, 2020 8:45 pm   



On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 10:10:33 AM UTC-7, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

Quote:
Virus predictions are all over the place. 20:1 errors, from Top
Scientists, are common.


The ratios get tighter when you select two that predict the same thing.
There are no Top Scientists, you're thinking about Top Ballerinas

<http://www.exteo.com/ebay/03.17.09marx_014.jpg>

Ricky C
Guest

Tue May 05, 2020 8:45 pm   



On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 1:15:13 PM UTC-4, edward...@gmail.com wrote:
Quote:
On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 8:54:08 AM UTC-7, bitrex wrote:
On 5/5/2020 11:28 AM, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred_at_gmail.com wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rE-v0nnbHk&list=LLkBcHzChtY1WzDgmGGnz-1g&index=3&t=0s

The scariest part is he's going to get Biden elected.


Americans can forgive evil, Americans don't forgive weakness. Trump
can't make America back to normal quickly no matter what he does.

He can show that he knows how to be callous and shrug in the face of
statistics about fatalities - it at least shows he's not "a pussy" which
is what Americans in general would prefer in a leader.

Just a few tens of thousands of dead sickly and old people that only
weak pussies would care about.

Your money or your life?

They decided to keep the money. Anyway, the Fed is backing out of the blanket lock-down and let the states decide. I would go one step further and let the counties decide. SF and LA might need more lock-down, but not the rest of California.


What criteria do you use to decide if shutdowns are needed. What do you include in "shutdown"?

I have seen very, very few counties outside of very remote areas (and not universally there) that should be relaxing the restrictions. People seem to think because we aren't seeing exponential growth that means things are fine and we can go back to the way things were. The reality is that in most areas the infection rates are either still growing or at the peak. Loosening the restrictions is like taking the cover off the fire before the coals are out.

Firemen won't let you back in your home until they are sure every last bit of fire is out. No place live? That can't be helped or the fire can flare back up. BTW, firemen often cause more damage than the fire, but only because they managed to put out the fire and prevent a total loss. Same is true about this disease and the treatment. We need to keep the fire smothered until we can manage the embers.

Instead of complaining about the damage to the economy, why aren't people complaining loudly that we need to do more to stop this disease from spreading? We need more testing, more contact tracing and very rigorous quarantining. What we are doing isn't working, but that doesn't mean we stop trying and just give up? Does it? Have we become a world of quitters? I realize Larkin is a died in the wool quitter. He doesn't even believe in trying to forecast weather. But most of us are willing to make sacrifices to prevent deaths and morbidity.

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209


Guest

Tue May 05, 2020 8:45 pm   



On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 12:30:26 PM UTC-7, Ricky C wrote:
Quote:
On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 1:15:13 PM UTC-4, edward...@gmail.com wrote:
On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 8:54:08 AM UTC-7, bitrex wrote:
On 5/5/2020 11:28 AM, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred_at_gmail.com wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rE-v0nnbHk&list=LLkBcHzChtY1WzDgmGGnz-1g&index=3&t=0s

The scariest part is he's going to get Biden elected.


Americans can forgive evil, Americans don't forgive weakness. Trump
can't make America back to normal quickly no matter what he does.

He can show that he knows how to be callous and shrug in the face of
statistics about fatalities - it at least shows he's not "a pussy" which
is what Americans in general would prefer in a leader.

Just a few tens of thousands of dead sickly and old people that only
weak pussies would care about.

Your money or your life?

They decided to keep the money. Anyway, the Fed is backing out of the blanket lock-down and let the states decide. I would go one step further and let the counties decide. SF and LA might need more lock-down, but not the rest of California.

What criteria do you use to decide if shutdowns are needed. What do you include in "shutdown"?


Population density. Outside of SF and LA and some cities, people are few and far apart.

amdx
Guest

Tue May 05, 2020 9:45 pm   



On 5/5/2020 10:54 AM, bitrex wrote:
Quote:
On 5/5/2020 11:28 AM, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred_at_gmail.com wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rE-v0nnbHk&list=LLkBcHzChtY1WzDgmGGnz-1g&index=3&t=0s


The scariest part is he's going to get Biden elected.


Americans can forgive evil, Americans don't forgive weakness. Trump
can't make America back to normal quickly no matter what he does.

He can show that he knows how to be callous and shrug in the face of
statistics about fatalities - it at least shows he's not "a pussy" which
is what Americans in general would prefer in a leader.

Just a few tens of thousands of dead sickly and old people that only
weak pussies would care about.


We make financial trade offs every day vs life/death.
Cars have only been around 120 years clearly they aren't needed,
they are just a convenience. 125 million worldwide deaths in car
accidents since 1899.
We trade air pollution deaths for progress and items.
Same with ground pollution. I'm sure there are many more examples.


I'm ready to save trade the lives that will die if we don't start the
economy for those we will lose to Covid 19 if we do.
I'm all for doing it as best we can, I have no problem wearing masks,
some people are idiots and won't comply. People who are compromised
should still Stay in Place. We can limit people count in stores,
businesses can do temperature checks before admittance and distance as
much as possible, but it's time to get the economy moving again.

Mikek


Guest

Tue May 05, 2020 11:45 pm   



On Tue, 5 May 2020 12:43:48 -0700 (PDT), edward.ming.lee_at_gmail.com
wrote:

Quote:
On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 12:30:26 PM UTC-7, Ricky C wrote:
On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 1:15:13 PM UTC-4, edward...@gmail.com wrote:
On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 8:54:08 AM UTC-7, bitrex wrote:
On 5/5/2020 11:28 AM, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred_at_gmail.com wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rE-v0nnbHk&list=LLkBcHzChtY1WzDgmGGnz-1g&index=3&t=0s

The scariest part is he's going to get Biden elected.


Americans can forgive evil, Americans don't forgive weakness. Trump
can't make America back to normal quickly no matter what he does.

He can show that he knows how to be callous and shrug in the face of
statistics about fatalities - it at least shows he's not "a pussy" which
is what Americans in general would prefer in a leader.

Just a few tens of thousands of dead sickly and old people that only
weak pussies would care about.

Your money or your life?

They decided to keep the money. Anyway, the Fed is backing out of the blanket lock-down and let the states decide. I would go one step further and let the counties decide. SF and LA might need more lock-down, but not the rest of California.

What criteria do you use to decide if shutdowns are needed. What do you include in "shutdown"?

Population density. Outside of SF and LA and some cities, people are few and far apart.


Or democracy. Let every state and region decide for themselves.



--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Science teaches us to doubt.

Claude Bernard


Guest

Wed May 06, 2020 12:45 am   



On Tue, 5 May 2020 14:45:39 -0500, amdx <nojunk_at_knology.net> wrote:

Quote:
On 5/5/2020 10:54 AM, bitrex wrote:
On 5/5/2020 11:28 AM, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred_at_gmail.com wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rE-v0nnbHk&list=LLkBcHzChtY1WzDgmGGnz-1g&index=3&t=0s


The scariest part is he's going to get Biden elected.


Americans can forgive evil, Americans don't forgive weakness. Trump
can't make America back to normal quickly no matter what he does.

He can show that he knows how to be callous and shrug in the face of
statistics about fatalities - it at least shows he's not "a pussy" which
is what Americans in general would prefer in a leader.

Just a few tens of thousands of dead sickly and old people that only
weak pussies would care about.

We make financial trade offs every day vs life/death.
Cars have only been around 120 years clearly they aren't needed,
they are just a convenience. 125 million worldwide deaths in car
accidents since 1899.


The obvious tradeoff there is speed limits. Lower speed limits would
save lives *and* save money.

Quote:
We trade air pollution deaths for progress and items.
Same with ground pollution. I'm sure there are many more examples.


The biggest scandal, to me, is cigarettes. Government rakes in big
taxes on cancer sticks. They kill about 500K people in the USA every
year, and they are for sale, with government blessing, everywhere.
Where is the outrage?

Quote:


I'm ready to save trade the lives that will die if we don't start the
economy for those we will lose to Covid 19 if we do.
I'm all for doing it as best we can, I have no problem wearing masks,
some people are idiots and won't comply. People who are compromised
should still Stay in Place. We can limit people count in stores,
businesses can do temperature checks before admittance and distance as
much as possible, but it's time to get the economy moving again.

Mikek


OK, but measuring skin temperature with cheap Chinese IR thermometers
is useless drama.



--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Science teaches us to doubt.

Claude Bernard

Bill Sloman
Guest

Wed May 06, 2020 1:45 am   



On Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 8:45:19 AM UTC+10, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
Quote:
On Tue, 5 May 2020 14:45:39 -0500, amdx <nojunk_at_knology.net> wrote:

On 5/5/2020 10:54 AM, bitrex wrote:
On 5/5/2020 11:28 AM, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred_at_gmail.com wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rE-v0nnbHk&list=LLkBcHzChtY1WzDgmGGnz-1g&index=3&t=0s


The scariest part is he's going to get Biden elected.


Americans can forgive evil, Americans don't forgive weakness. Trump
can't make America back to normal quickly no matter what he does.

He can show that he knows how to be callous and shrug in the face of
statistics about fatalities - it at least shows he's not "a pussy" which
is what Americans in general would prefer in a leader.

Just a few tens of thousands of dead sickly and old people that only
weak pussies would care about.

We make financial trade offs every day vs life/death.
Cars have only been around 120 years clearly they aren't needed,
they are just a convenience. 125 million worldwide deaths in car
accidents since 1899.

The obvious tradeoff there is speed limits. Lower speed limits would
save lives *and* save money.


But waste time. Which is also money.

Quote:
We trade air pollution deaths for progress and items.
Same with ground pollution. I'm sure there are many more examples.

The biggest scandal, to me, is cigarettes. Government rakes in big
taxes on cancer sticks. They kill about 500K people in the USA every
year, and they are for sale, with government blessing, everywhere.
Where is the outrage?


Try introducing prohibition, and see how well that works. It didn't work for alcohol. Why should it work for cigarettes?

The taxes on tobacco in Europe are high enough to support quite a bit of cigarette smuggling already.

Quote:
I'm ready to save trade the lives that will die if we don't start the
economy for those we will lose to Covid 19 if we do.
I'm all for doing it as best we can, I have no problem wearing masks,
some people are idiots and won't comply. People who are compromised
should still Stay in Place. We can limit people count in stores,
businesses can do temperature checks before admittance and distance as
much as possible, but it's time to get the economy moving again.

OK, but measuring skin temperature with cheap Chinese IR thermometers
is useless drama.


If you detect that somebody has a fever, and swab them for Covid-19, that's useful.

Would expensive American IR thermometers be any more useful?

The problem here seems to be that John Larkin hasn't thought about what might be being detected.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics Design - Trump keeps predicting coronavirus death tolls the U.S. then

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic version Bulgarian version Catalan version Czech version Danish version German version Greek version English version Spanish version Finnish version French version Hindi version Croatian version Indonesian version Italian version Hebrew version Japanese version Korean version Lithuanian version Latvian version Dutch version Norwegian version Polish version Portuguese version Romanian version Russian version Slovak version Slovenian version Serbian version Swedish version Tagalog version Ukrainian version Vietnamese version Chinese version Turkish version
EDAboard.com map