EDAboard.com | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | WTWH Media

SW for Nyquist plot

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics - SW for Nyquist plot

Peter Percival
Guest

Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:16 pm   



Is there free software that will draw Nyquist plots of linear DEs? I'm
hoping for o/p of an image file that I can embed in TeX.
--
Do, as a concession to my poor wits, Lord Darlington, just explain
to me what you really mean.
I think I had better not, Duchess. Nowadays to be intelligible is
to be found out. -- Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan


Guest

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:44 am   



On Tue, 25 Jul 2017, Peter Percival wrote:

Quote:
Is there free software that will draw Nyquist plots of linear DEs? I'm
hoping for o/p of an image file that I can embed in TeX.
--


http://maxima-online.blogspot.com/2010/10/plot-nyquist.html
seems to show how to do it the plots in maxima. This machine doesn't have
maxima on it and their example choked on my phone.

maxima will output equations in TeX format so I'd be surprised if it
doesn't give you plots that can use too. I think it atually uses gnuplot
for graphing and gnuplot can output .eps and ``LaTeX picture
environment'', so maxima would be able to.

You can definately use maxima to reduce L(s) to ratios of polynomials &
plot them parametrically in gnuplot.

Ron

Peter Percival
Guest

Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:11 pm   



colonel_hack_at_yahoo.com wrote:
Quote:
On Tue, 25 Jul 2017, Peter Percival wrote:

Is there free software that will draw Nyquist plots of linear DEs?
I'm hoping for o/p of an image file that I can embed in TeX.
--

http://maxima-online.blogspot.com/2010/10/plot-nyquist.html


Thank you.

Quote:
seems to show how to do it the plots in maxima. This machine doesn't
have maxima on it and their example choked on my phone.

maxima will output equations in TeX format so I'd be surprised if it
doesn't give you plots that can use too. I think it atually uses gnuplot
for graphing and gnuplot can output .eps and ``LaTeX picture
environment'', so maxima would be able to.

You can definately use maxima to reduce L(s) to ratios of polynomials &
plot them parametrically in gnuplot.

Ron



--
Do, as a concession to my poor wits, Lord Darlington, just explain
to me what you really mean.
I think I had better not, Duchess. Nowadays to be intelligible is
to be found out. -- Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics - SW for Nyquist plot

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic version Bulgarian version Catalan version Czech version Danish version German version Greek version English version Spanish version Finnish version French version Hindi version Croatian version Indonesian version Italian version Hebrew version Japanese version Korean version Lithuanian version Latvian version Dutch version Norwegian version Polish version Portuguese version Romanian version Russian version Slovak version Slovenian version Serbian version Swedish version Tagalog version Ukrainian version Vietnamese version Chinese version Turkish version
EDAboard.com map