EDAboard.com | EDAboard.eu | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | RTV forum PL | NewsGroups PL

SIS 1.3

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Synthesis - SIS 1.3

Philip Chong
Guest

Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:20 pm   



As there have been many questions and problems relating to compiling SIS
on newer platforms, I have put together an unofficial release of SIS 1.3
which should help address some of this. Compilation is now done using
an autoconf-like build system (./configure && make) which should make
it easier to compile for many.

The download is available at
http://www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~pchong/sis.html

There may be bugs and other problems introduced with this new build
system. Please send bug reports and comments.
--
Philip Chong
pchong_at_eecs.berkeley.edu

Tora
Guest

Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:26 pm   



Philip Chong wrote:
Quote:
As there have been many questions and problems relating to compiling SIS
on newer platforms, I have put together an unofficial release of SIS 1.3
which should help address some of this. Compilation is now done using
an autoconf-like build system (./configure && make) which should make
it easier to compile for many.

The download is available at
http://www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~pchong/sis.html

There may be bugs and other problems introduced with this new build
system. Please send bug reports and comments.

Thanks for this release ,
I compiled using ./configure && make but it stopped saying:

....
ranlib libsis.a
ranlib: file: libsis.a(octread.o) has no symbols
ranlib: file: libsis.a(octwrite.o) has no symbols
ranlib: file: libsis.a(restart.o) has no symbols
ranlib: file: libsis.a(state.o) has no symbols
cc -o sis libsis.a -lm
ld: Undefined symbols:
_command_hist
_program_name
_siserr
_sisout
_sishist
_edata
_end
_etext
_enc_debug
make[1]: *** [do_link] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2


I don't have the octools , may this be the problem?Any suggestions?


Thanks.

Tora
Guest

Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:30 pm   



In the previous post i forgot to say that I'm compiling on macosx 10.3.2
using gcc 3.3,flex 2.5.4, bison 1.28 and GNU make 3.79.

Philip Chong
Guest

Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:33 am   



In article <%evVb.277200$_P.9539901_at_news4.tin.it>,
Tora <torashin_at_email.it> wrote:
Quote:
In the previous post i forgot to say that I'm compiling on macosx 10.3.2
using gcc 3.3,flex 2.5.4, bison 1.28 and GNU make 3.79.

Unfortunately, I can't test the build on OSX myself, as I don't have
such a system. If you can, please do
./configure && make >& output
to save all the information from "make" into a file called output,
and email the file to me so I can see what's happening.

You do not need octtools to compile SIS.
--
Philip Chong
pchong_at_eecs.berkeley.edu

Jack
Guest

Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:50 pm   



hello

Let me just ask that 'what is the difference between sis-1.2 and sis-1.3?'

My goal is to use VPR tool (U. of Toronto) fluently. That is why I am
installing SIS. Anyway I did compilation,,,,and executalbe 'sis' is
generated. Meanwhile some messages at the last moment were found as below,

-----------------------------------------------------------------

cp: cannot create regular file `/usr/local/bin/sis': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file `/usr/local/bin/jedi': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file `/usr/local/bin/sred': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file `/usr/local/bin/stamina': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file `/usr/local/bin/nova': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file `/usr/local/bin/espresso': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file `/usr/local/bin/vst2blif': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file `/usr/local/bin/blif2vst': Permission denied
make: *** [install] Error 1
---------------------------------------------------------------------

For now, i am not that expert on SIS system.....so could not tell you
the system is perfectly working.....anyway executable is obtained (so
far SIS-1.2 could not be successfully compiled)....

Jack
Guest

Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:49 pm   



Thankyou and hope this upgraded version is well used.....Smile

Philip Chong
Guest

Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:14 pm   



In article <c08a8n$utc$1_at_delphi.et.tudelft.nl>,
Jack <jyhur63_at_naver.com> wrote:
Quote:
Let me just ask that 'what is the difference between sis-1.2 and sis-1.3?'

SIS 1.3 has some bugs fixed over 1.2. There are also some changes to help
it compile more cleanly with modern compilers. If you are interested,
I can make a diff between the two versions. As far as I know, SIS 1.3
was never officially released, and was only used here at Berkeley for
student projects.

Quote:
Anyway I did compilation,,,,and executalbe 'sis' is
generated. Meanwhile some messages at the last moment were found as below,

cp: cannot create regular file `/usr/local/bin/sis': Permission denied

If you wish to install in /usr/local , you must have write permissions to
that directory. Usually this means you need to be root. Otherwise, you
must specify a different installation directory using the --prefix=DIRNAME
option. See the README file.

Almost everything will still work even if you just use "make" instead of
"make install". The biggest problem is that you will not have access
to the online help files.
--
Philip Chong
pchong_at_eecs.berkeley.edu

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Synthesis - SIS 1.3

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic versionBulgarian versionCatalan versionCzech versionDanish versionGerman versionGreek versionEnglish versionSpanish versionFinnish versionFrench versionHindi versionCroatian versionIndonesian versionItalian versionHebrew versionJapanese versionKorean versionLithuanian versionLatvian versionDutch versionNorwegian versionPolish versionPortuguese versionRomanian versionRussian versionSlovak versionSlovenian versionSerbian versionSwedish versionTagalog versionUkrainian versionVietnamese versionChinese version
RTV map EDAboard.com map News map EDAboard.eu map EDAboard.de map EDAboard.co.uk map