EDAboard.com | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | WTWH Media

Samsung LA19R71B not accepting antenna input

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics AUS - Samsung LA19R71B not accepting antenna input

Lucifer
Guest

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:45 am   



The Samsung LA19R71B is a 19" LCD TV.
I was using it with the RF output of my Commodore C64C.
Channel search works but no channels are detected.

Waussie
Guest

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:45 am   



On 05-Nov-18 5:18 PM, Lucifer wrote:
Quote:
The Samsung LA19R71B is a 19" LCD TV.
I was using it with the RF output of my Commodore C64C.
Channel search works but no channels are detected.



Does the C64 have a RF modulated output or just a composite video signal?

You may need a modulator.

Computer Nerd Kev
Guest

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:45 pm   



Lucifer <LuciferMorningstar_at_bigpond.com> wrote:
Quote:
The Samsung LA19R71B is a 19" LCD TV.
I was using it with the RF output of my Commodore C64C.
Channel search works but no channels are detected.


Not sure what your problem is there, hopefully you plugged the
RF output into the RF input on the TV even though it connects
from an RCA socket on the C64, if you plugged it into a
Composite (yellow) input on the TV then that's your problem.

Of course you'd have to make sure it's scanning for analogue
channels, not digital.

Picture quality and compatibility is likely to be better
if you buy (or already have? They were common, also easy to
make) one of the C64 AV cables off Ebay which will plug into
an AV port on the TV. Ideally an old CRT TV will work and
look better than an LCD, but it will probably work.

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Lucifer
Guest

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:45 am   



On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 17:33:21 +0800, Waussie <waussie_at_notwa.com.au>
wrote:

Quote:
On 05-Nov-18 5:18 PM, Lucifer wrote:
The Samsung LA19R71B is a 19" LCD TV.
I was using it with the RF output of my Commodore C64C.
Channel search works but no channels are detected.



Does the C64 have a RF modulated output or just a composite video signal?

You may need a modulator.


It has an RF output and it was working with the Samsung TV.
It still works with another TV.

Lucifer
Guest

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:45 am   



On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 21:58:03 +0000 (UTC), not_at_telling.you.invalid
(Computer Nerd Kev) wrote:

Quote:
Lucifer <LuciferMorningstar_at_bigpond.com> wrote:
The Samsung LA19R71B is a 19" LCD TV.
I was using it with the RF output of my Commodore C64C.
Channel search works but no channels are detected.

Not sure what your problem is there, hopefully you plugged the
RF output into the RF input on the TV even though it connects
from an RCA socket on the C64, if you plugged it into a
Composite (yellow) input on the TV then that's your problem.

Of course you'd have to make sure it's scanning for analogue
channels, not digital.

Picture quality and compatibility is likely to be better
if you buy (or already have? They were common, also easy to
make) one of the C64 AV cables off Ebay which will plug into
an AV port on the TV. Ideally an old CRT TV will work and
look better than an LCD, but it will probably work.


I have the proper cable with RCA one end and old style antenna
plug the other and it was working. I don't have an AV cable and
I'm reluctant to spend any more money on the C64.
I foolishly spent $30 buying a balance board for my WII and I
can't give the WII away.

Computer Nerd Kev
Guest

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:45 pm   



Lucifer <LuciferMorningstar_at_bigpond.com> wrote:
Quote:
On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 21:58:03 +0000 (UTC), not_at_telling.you.invalid
(Computer Nerd Kev) wrote:

Picture quality and compatibility is likely to be better
if you buy (or already have? They were common, also easy to
make) one of the C64 AV cables off Ebay which will plug into
an AV port on the TV. Ideally an old CRT TV will work and
look better than an LCD, but it will probably work.

I have the proper cable with RCA one end and old style antenna
plug the other and it was working. I don't have an AV cable and
I'm reluctant to spend any more money on the C64.


Presumably the TV still picks up stations via the RF input.
Perhaps it's something like the way the RF cable is bent when
you plug it in to that particular TV which has begun causing
it to break the circuit. Similarly the connectors on the TV
and C64 could be affected by pressure applied in that
particular way.

Quote:
I foolishly spent $30 buying a balance board for my WII and I
can't give the WII away.


Just have to wait thirty years like the C64 and you might get
your money back. :)

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics AUS - Samsung LA19R71B not accepting antenna input

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic version Bulgarian version Catalan version Czech version Danish version German version Greek version English version Spanish version Finnish version French version Hindi version Croatian version Indonesian version Italian version Hebrew version Japanese version Korean version Lithuanian version Latvian version Dutch version Norwegian version Polish version Portuguese version Romanian version Russian version Slovak version Slovenian version Serbian version Swedish version Tagalog version Ukrainian version Vietnamese version Chinese version Turkish version
EDAboard.com map