EDAboard.com | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | WTWH Media

SA Greenies

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics AUS - SA Greenies

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

F Murtz
Guest

Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:52 pm   



This SA green power supply works well does not it?

Phil Allison
Guest

Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:52 pm   



F Murtz wrote:
Quote:


This SA green power supply works well does not it?


** LOL - wot fucking green power ??

SA has long relied on coal derived watts from Vic and merely pretend to be "green" - while in fact, Sth Aussies live in a dream world, but wind up regularly in the dark.

The place is already famous for all the nuclear weapon tests carried out by the poms in the 50s - so they out to go nuke energy ASAP.

You know it makes sense ....




..... Phil


Guest

Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:17 am   



F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com> live on stage:

> This SA green power supply works well does not it?

It will do in the not too distant future!
All that needed is a nationalisation of all power generation capacity,
and speeding up the building of all types of renewable energy generation
plants coupled with increased research efforts to resolve the issue of
access storage. Better batteries are already on the way!

Fossil fuel reliant generation is now a dead end industry.
Clean coal technology is a pie in the sky!

--
Ördög
(A Devil in service of aus.politics and Usenet)


Guest

Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:15 am   



On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 21:52:04 +1100, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com>
wrote:

>This SA green power supply works well does not it?

Where does the 'SA Greenies' or 'green' fit into the picture?

Trevor Wilson
Guest

Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:05 am   



On 9/02/2017 9:52 PM, F Murtz wrote:
Quote:
This SA green power supply works well does not it?


**The fault lies in several places. The big one, is when states began
privatising parts of the electricity and distribution system. It will
get worse, as the industry heads down it's 'death spiral'. Prices will
increase and more people will fit PV panels and batteries. As more
people go off-grid, suppliers will increase prices. The latest problem
occured with the French owned gas-fired power station. When SA requested
more power, the owner refused to start up the power station, because it
was not profitable enough.

It is insane. Electricity is a vital resource and must NEVER be allowed
to fall into the hands of private industry. Particularly foreign owned
ones.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au


Guest

Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:36 am   



On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 10:05:37 +1100, Trevor Wilson
<trevor_at_SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au> wrote:

Quote:
On 9/02/2017 9:52 PM, F Murtz wrote:
This SA green power supply works well does not it?


**The fault lies in several places. The big one, is when states began
privatising parts of the electricity and distribution system. It will
get worse, as the industry heads down it's 'death spiral'. Prices will
increase and more people will fit PV panels and batteries. As more
people go off-grid, suppliers will increase prices. The latest problem
occured with the French owned gas-fired power station. When SA requested
more power, the owner refused to start up the power station, because it
was not profitable enough.

It is insane. Electricity is a vital resource and must NEVER be allowed
to fall into the hands of private industry. Particularly foreign owned
ones.


Agree with all that, essential services should *not* be privatised in
any form. What other outcome can there be when such services are in
private hands?

Having said that, I would add that there are many people in a position
to generate their own power and won't do it... meanwhile, they'll keep
on bitching about the cost (and reliability) of grid electricity.

Tony
Guest

Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:46 am   



On 10-Feb-17 7:05 AM, Trevor Wilson wrote:
Quote:
On 9/02/2017 9:52 PM, F Murtz wrote:
This SA green power supply works well does not it?


**The fault lies in several places. The big one, is when states began
privatising parts of the electricity and distribution system. It will
get worse, as the industry heads down it's 'death spiral'. Prices will
increase and more people will fit PV panels and batteries. As more
people go off-grid, suppliers will increase prices. The latest problem
occured with the French owned gas-fired power station. When SA requested
more power, the owner refused to start up the power station, because it
was not profitable enough.

It is insane. Electricity is a vital resource and must NEVER be allowed
to fall into the hands of private industry. Particularly foreign owned
ones.

Spot on.
Good article here:
https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/blackouts-sa-generators-stand-idle-politicians-bicker/
It's a scandal, really.

Fran Snortilus
Guest

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:24 am   



On 9/02/2017 9:52 PM, F Murtz wrote:
> This SA green power supply works well does not it?

Probably better than your trolling attempt.

Fran Snortilus
Guest

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:28 am   



On 10/02/2017 10:05 AM, Trevor Wilson wrote:
Quote:
On 9/02/2017 9:52 PM, F Murtz wrote:
This SA green power supply works well does not it?


**The fault lies in several places. The big one, is when states began
privatising parts of the electricity and distribution system.


Yep.

It will
Quote:
get worse, as the industry heads down it's 'death spiral'. Prices will
increase and more people will fit PV panels and batteries. As more
people go off-grid, suppliers will increase prices.


Yep.

The latest problem
Quote:
occured with the French owned gas-fired power station. When SA requested
more power, the owner refused to start up the power station, because it
was not profitable enough.


Yep.
Quote:

It is insane. Electricity is a vital resource and must NEVER be allowed
to fall into the hands of private industry. Particularly foreign owned
ones.


Yep.


Guest

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:30 am   



On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 17:23:24 +1100, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com>
wrote:

Quote:
Je?us wrote:
On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 14:57:51 +1100, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com
wrote:

Je?us wrote:
On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 21:52:04 +1100, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com
wrote:

This SA green power supply works well does not it?

Where does the 'SA Greenies' or 'green' fit into the picture?

The greenies have made a system that relies on wind power etc, have shut
down a coal fired generator and rely on other states for backup and if
the wind does not blow or they have a storm that damages things their
setup does not work well.

So, who are these 'greenies' you speak of?

The south Australian government is inclined to greenie views and is
attempting to run their power supply along green lines and it is not
working so far.


You sure they're not commies too?

F Murtz
Guest

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:30 am   



Fran Snortilus wrote:
Quote:
On 10/02/2017 12:42 PM, Sylvia Else wrote:
On 9/02/2017 9:52 PM, F Murtz wrote:
This SA green power supply works well does not it?

It's not helping us in NSW, with the AEMO warning of rolling blackouts
later today as people return home from work and turn on air conditioners
just as the solar panel output is dropping because the sun is going down.

And that is part of the problem. People who can't cope without air con
and other than
reliance on such a fragile thing.


Let us go back to the old days where the old and infirm died because
they don't have any other strategy for coping with heat
Quote:

The existence of those panels means that there is less incentive to
invest in peak load power generation capacity, since it will always be
undercut by solar when the sun is shining. But had that capacity
existed, we could have used it into the evening when it's needed.

If you had such a generator, it could earn you $14 per kWh at times
today.

The grid should shed those with solar panels first once the sun goes
down - but of course, it can't.

Shedding those solar panel owners would be grossly unfair anyway. The
power companies are onselling the power generated by those solar panel
owners for far more than the power companies are paying (or have ever
paid out for that power going into their grid).


F Murtz
Guest

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:30 am   



Je�us wrote:
Quote:
On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 14:57:51 +1100, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com
wrote:

Je?us wrote:
On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 21:52:04 +1100, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com
wrote:

This SA green power supply works well does not it?

Where does the 'SA Greenies' or 'green' fit into the picture?

The greenies have made a system that relies on wind power etc, have shut
down a coal fired generator and rely on other states for backup and if
the wind does not blow or they have a storm that damages things their
setup does not work well.

So, who are these 'greenies' you speak of?

The south Australian government is inclined to greenie views and is
attempting to run their power supply along green lines and it is not
working so far.

F Murtz
Guest

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:30 am   



Trevor Wilson wrote:
Quote:
On 10/02/2017 2:57 PM, F Murtz wrote:
Je�us wrote:
On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 21:52:04 +1100, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com
wrote:

This SA green power supply works well does not it?

Where does the 'SA Greenies' or 'green' fit into the picture?

The greenies have made a system that relies on wind power etc, have shut
down a coal fired generator and rely on other states for backup and if
the wind does not blow or they have a storm that damages things their
setup does not work well.

**I suggest you acquaint yourself with reality. The problem lies with
how the private operators sell their energy.

And the greenie government that allowed it to happen.



Guest

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:30 am   



On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 14:57:51 +1100, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com>
wrote:

Quote:
Je?us wrote:
On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 21:52:04 +1100, F Murtz <haggisz_at_hotmail.com
wrote:

This SA green power supply works well does not it?

Where does the 'SA Greenies' or 'green' fit into the picture?

The greenies have made a system that relies on wind power etc, have shut
down a coal fired generator and rely on other states for backup and if
the wind does not blow or they have a storm that damages things their
setup does not work well.


So, who are these 'greenies' you speak of?

Fran Snortilus
Guest

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:30 am   



On 10/02/2017 12:42 PM, Sylvia Else wrote:
Quote:
On 9/02/2017 9:52 PM, F Murtz wrote:
This SA green power supply works well does not it?

It's not helping us in NSW, with the AEMO warning of rolling blackouts
later today as people return home from work and turn on air conditioners
just as the solar panel output is dropping because the sun is going down.


And that is part of the problem. People who can't cope without air con
and don't have any other strategy for coping with heat other than
reliance on such a fragile thing.
Quote:

The existence of those panels means that there is less incentive to
invest in peak load power generation capacity, since it will always be
undercut by solar when the sun is shining. But had that capacity
existed, we could have used it into the evening when it's needed.

If you had such a generator, it could earn you $14 per kWh at times today.

The grid should shed those with solar panels first once the sun goes
down - but of course, it can't.


Shedding those solar panel owners would be grossly unfair anyway. The
power companies are onselling the power generated by those solar panel
owners for far more than the power companies are paying (or have ever
paid out for that power going into their grid).

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics AUS - SA Greenies

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic version Bulgarian version Catalan version Czech version Danish version German version Greek version English version Spanish version Finnish version French version Hindi version Croatian version Indonesian version Italian version Hebrew version Japanese version Korean version Lithuanian version Latvian version Dutch version Norwegian version Polish version Portuguese version Romanian version Russian version Slovak version Slovenian version Serbian version Swedish version Tagalog version Ukrainian version Vietnamese version Chinese version Turkish version
EDAboard.com map