EDAboard.com | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | WTWH Media

Russian media threatens US with 100-megaton nuclear doomsday

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics Design - Russian media threatens US with 100-megaton nuclear doomsday


Guest

Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:45 pm   



"If US missiles are deployed in Poland or the Baltic states, they'll be able to reach Russia in minutes. In such an event, the way Russia currently conceives using nuclear weapons, as a retaliatory strike, becomes impossible, since there won't be time to work out which missiles have been launched against Russia, what their trajectory and their targets are,"

Duh...


"Russia recently said it built one of the most devastating nuclear weapons of all time in the form of an undersea torpedo with a 100-megaton nuclear warhead that's designed to be unstoppable against all missile defenses and create tsunami-size waves, and a radioactive hellstorm that stomps out life on earth for thousands of square miles for decades."


https://www.thisisinsider.com/russia-threatens-us-with-nuclear-doomsday-device-after-inf-failure-2019-2

Martin Brown
Guest

Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:45 pm   



On 06/02/2019 11:20, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred_at_gmail.com wrote:
Quote:

"If US missiles are deployed in Poland or the Baltic states, they'll
be able to reach Russia in minutes. In such an event, the way Russia
currently conceives using nuclear weapons, as a retaliatory strike,
becomes impossible, since there won't be time to work out which
missiles have been launched against Russia, what their trajectory and
their targets are,"

Duh...


"Russia recently said it built one of the most devastating nuclear
weapons of all time in the form of an undersea torpedo with a
100-megaton nuclear warhead that's designed to be unstoppable against
all missile defenses and create tsunami-size waves, and a radioactive
hellstorm that stomps out life on earth for thousands of square miles
for decades."


https://www.thisisinsider.com/russia-threatens-us-with-nuclear-doomsday-device-after-inf-failure-2019-2


Someone in Russia has been watching too much Dr Strangelove and fancies
building themselves a Doomsday machine with a salted weapon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobalt_bomb

The sodium in seawater makes a nuclear groundburst in seawater rather
bad for radioactive fallout in the immediate aftermath. Airbursts are
preferred by the military to avoid generating excessive fallout.

Any nuclear testing or exchange above ground these days will seriously
affect the semiconductor industry for high density ram.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown


Guest

Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:45 pm   



On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 9:36:04 AM UTC-5, Martin Brown wrote:
Quote:
On 06/02/2019 11:20, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred_at_gmail.com wrote:

"If US missiles are deployed in Poland or the Baltic states, they'll
be able to reach Russia in minutes. In such an event, the way Russia
currently conceives using nuclear weapons, as a retaliatory strike,
becomes impossible, since there won't be time to work out which
missiles have been launched against Russia, what their trajectory and
their targets are,"

Duh...


"Russia recently said it built one of the most devastating nuclear
weapons of all time in the form of an undersea torpedo with a
100-megaton nuclear warhead that's designed to be unstoppable against
all missile defenses and create tsunami-size waves, and a radioactive
hellstorm that stomps out life on earth for thousands of square miles
for decades."


https://www.thisisinsider.com/russia-threatens-us-with-nuclear-doomsday-device-after-inf-failure-2019-2

Someone in Russia has been watching too much Dr Strangelove and fancies
building themselves a Doomsday machine with a salted weapon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobalt_bomb

The sodium in seawater makes a nuclear groundburst in seawater rather
bad for radioactive fallout in the immediate aftermath. Airbursts are
preferred by the military to avoid generating excessive fallout.

Any nuclear testing or exchange above ground these days will seriously
affect the semiconductor industry for high density ram.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown


Pentagon has detected an actual test launch, the drone part at least does exist:

"On Nov. 27, 2016, U.S. intelligence detected Status-6 after it was launched from a Sarov-class submarine used to test and validate new tech, the Washington Free Beacon reported in December 2016, citing unnamed Pentagon sources."

Not sure just how reliable this reporting is, they sound rather hysterical:

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/russia-tests-nuclear-capable-drone-sub/

But the information did make into the Nuclear Posture Review:

"https://www.defensenews.com/space/2018/01/12/russias-nuclear-underwater-drone-is-real-and-in-the-nuclear-posture-review/

Tom Gardner
Guest

Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:45 pm   



On 06/02/19 11:20, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred_at_gmail.com wrote:
Quote:

"If US missiles are deployed in Poland or the Baltic states, they'll be able
to reach Russia in minutes. In such an event, the way Russia currently
conceives using nuclear weapons, as a retaliatory strike, becomes impossible,
since there won't be time to work out which missiles have been launched
against Russia, what their trajectory and their targets are,"


Oooh. Jupiter missiles, all over again.


Quote:
"Russia recently said it built one of the most devastating nuclear weapons of
all time in the form of an undersea torpedo with a 100-megaton nuclear
warhead that's designed to be unstoppable against all missile defenses and
create tsunami-size waves, and a radioactive hellstorm that stomps out life
on earth for thousands of square miles for decades."


https://www.thisisinsider.com/russia-threatens-us-with-nuclear-doomsday-device-after-inf-failure-2019-2


I wonder if the US wants a re-run of the Turkey-Cuban missile
crisis. That did wonders for Kennedy's reputation[1], boosted the
military-industrial complex, and set the tone of conflict
resolution for (at least) half a century.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/01/the-real-cuban-missile-crisis/309190/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis

[1] s/Kennedy/Trump or Pence/


Guest

Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:45 pm   



Although their media is much better than ours, they are still media and they still opinionate their statements. Don't worry about it until Putin says it.

However, what many have forgotten or maybe never knew is that they had the same argument a few years ago. Russia (not the Russian media) said that an, I guess "uncomfortable" deployment in Poland would result in consequences. The US was planning to put a bunch f stuff in Poland but Russia said something like it is intolerable because it hurts their SECOND strike capability.. It was almost like the Cuban missile crisis in reverse. Not many people know how close we came to having a real conflict with Russia over that shit.

Russia is not the culprit here, would YOU like Russian nukes deployed in Mexico ? I'm sure the Mexicans would appreciate the rent as well as the boost to their economy that would result. Of course they know better than to do that and piss off the US, but who knows. If Trump really pissed them off, we could eventually be looking at a conflict on our side of the planet. Most of North Americans have never had a war in their backyard, I can't imagine how the average Joe Six Pack and the soccer Mom would react. I think I would be alright, I have had guns pulled on me a bunch of times, been shot, kicked half to death and all that fun shit. Most people can't even conceive having violence right up front and personal. A war less than a thousand miles away ? they would literally shit themselves.

Here's a good one:

https://i.redd.it/3w2g5ecuckay.jpg

Bottom line; that much military paraphernalia that close to Russia is NOT for fucking defense. It's for intimidation and Russia does not get intimidated easily.

Like last time, IIRC it was Bush 2 who scaled back the weaponry going to the base in Poland in response to Russian "warnings". I hope Trump has the brains to do the same because we simply do not need more shit there.

People don't get it, Russia is not what to worry about here. Watch Pakistan, keep pissing Iran off and they might eventually say "Fuck you", believe it or not Israel, I wouldn't worry too much about India right now but you know if they get hurt too much in this trade war they might become less than friendly. And there are all these other countries which for a few million bucks could buy WMDs from Israel, Russia, even the UK. Everybody overlooks all of them.

"Thank you for your purchase of the new X-100 missile. We hope you find our product useful. Follow the detailed instructions for use, some assembly required since you opted for the more expensive, slower shipping method - by boat instead of under its own power. This assures you get a brand new unused product with full warranty. Contact our technical department with any questions. We hope you enjoy your new state of the art weaponry".

Because business is business.


Guest

Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:45 pm   



On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 12:08:07 PM UTC-5, Tom Gardner wrote:
Quote:
On 06/02/19 11:20, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred_at_gmail.com wrote:

"If US missiles are deployed in Poland or the Baltic states, they'll be able
to reach Russia in minutes. In such an event, the way Russia currently
conceives using nuclear weapons, as a retaliatory strike, becomes impossible,
since there won't be time to work out which missiles have been launched
against Russia, what their trajectory and their targets are,"

Oooh. Jupiter missiles, all over again.


"Russia recently said it built one of the most devastating nuclear weapons of
all time in the form of an undersea torpedo with a 100-megaton nuclear
warhead that's designed to be unstoppable against all missile defenses and
create tsunami-size waves, and a radioactive hellstorm that stomps out life
on earth for thousands of square miles for decades."


https://www.thisisinsider.com/russia-threatens-us-with-nuclear-doomsday-device-after-inf-failure-2019-2

I wonder if the US wants a re-run of the Turkey-Cuban missile
crisis. That did wonders for Kennedy's reputation[1], boosted the
military-industrial complex, and set the tone of conflict
resolution for (at least) half a century.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/01/the-real-cuban-missile-crisis/309190/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis

[1] s/Kennedy/Trump or Pence/


U.S. doesn't have any intermediate range nuclear tipped missiles in its entire inventory. They were all destroyed almost 30 years ago. All they have in eastern Europe are some bits and pieces of the missile defense system with some short range interceptors with kinetic warheads. Israel even bid on the job with its Arrow anti-missile system, which is probably the most advanced interceptor extant, but it was rejected possibly because it was just too capable.


Guest

Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:45 pm   



On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 10:56:36 AM UTC-5, jurb...@gmail.com wrote:
> Since Russia pulled out of the nuclear treaty we can just build whatever. Good, more jobs.

Or we can give this news the consideration it deserves, try to learn something from the insanity of the 50's military and not build any more nuclear weapons. Do we really need any more? Didn't we destroy a bunch of them some years ago? Why would we reverse and build more?

If the guy next door has 100 guns, do you need 200 guns to be safe?

Rick C.


Guest

Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:45 pm   



On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 10:56:36 AM UTC-5, jurb...@gmail.com wrote:
> Since Russia pulled out of the nuclear treaty we can just build whatever. Good, more jobs.

Intermediate range in that area of the world are dangerous because it will force Russia to lessen safeguards against reacting a false alarm detection.


Guest

Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:45 pm   



Since Russia pulled out of the nuclear treaty we can just build whatever. Good, more jobs.


Guest

Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:45 pm   



>"If the guy next door has 100 guns, do you need 200 guns to be safe? "

I have some rather unusual opinions about arms and being over armed. If the guy next door has 100 guns all you need is one, and better aim.

For example I guess, I believe people should have almost anything they want.. The second amendment guarantees (or tries) our right to keep and bear arms. Not nukes, not anthrax, not agent orange. Arms. And while I support the right to have machine guns, which they make very difficult, I KNOW there is not much need for them. They are a waste of ammo, they are for pussies. If you want to shoot lean how to shoot god dammit. Don't mow down 40 people to get one. We had one for a few years, never fired it. Sold it later because we just really didn't have any use for it. We also only had one magazine and they are hard to get.

We had plenty of shotguns, in fact bought them by the bag. I shit you not. One day one of our associates calls and says to stay late at the shop, he has something we might be interested in. Shows up with a bag of shotguns, and we bought them all. this was the 1980s and I just sold the last one last year. It hadn't been maintained, my sister had it. Dude say he's gonna use it for a rain gun. That's for when you're hunting and it rains, and he brings over some venison from time to time. But I got a much nicer shotgun now. There are only four people in the world to whom I would sell a firearm. I KNOW they aren't going to do anything stupid.

So though this seems a digression, the fact is you don't really need more missiles, you need better missiles. You do need some quantity so that they are not all in the same place.

This type of thinking is what makes Russia so dangerous. We got more but they got better. They got missiles every bit as good and announced a better one about a year ago. In politician style Putin talked for an hour and only brought up one important point, their new missile engine. THAT is what counts. Their fighter planes consistently outperform ours, not by a HUGE margin, but still better is more important than more.

End game scenario is not hard to figure. With the tensions that have been festering for the last 30 years between Europe and the US and with them not liking Trump, if TSHTF China will abandon us and go with the European market for a market. They will ally with Russia and with their new parallel GPS/satellite system and the ability to knockout ours, and their knack for mass production which could be used for weapons any time, we could find ourselves in deep shit.

If it were just us and Russia we could beat them, but it would hurt. It would alienate most of the world so forget abut imports, but that was going to happen anyway when the US' credit rating drops a couple of more times. There would be a temporary gain in commerce here, the old war economy, but the money would all be borrowed or printed. Not good even if we have an amazing victory. (unless we can steal their oil but I doubt it and oil will be out of style in less than a decade anyway. All the trillions the US spent of our tax money will be for naught) Oh, and forget the petrobuck. That will go the way of the dodo bird.

There is still time to fix this but nobody knows how. I don't pretend to know how but I do know this: We can't use the same type of thinking to solve a problem that was used to create it.


Guest

Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:45 pm   



>"Intermediate range in that area of the world are dangerous because it will force Russia to lessen safeguards against reacting a false alarm detection. "

Unfortunate but probably true. Whether or not something actually happens is up in the air.

But always remember that the media pushes you into thinking that everybody is crazy, even Trump. Bullshit.

Think of it, every person on this planet who has the authority to launch a nuke or start a big war is rich, led a semi-sheltered life at least, has houses, cars, planes, probably a fifty grand stereo too and enough money to never ever run out. (maybe actually even the Brooklyn bridge) They don't want to fuck that up. Putin doesn't own Trump, but Trump doesn't want war, he wants to pick a couple of the biggest cities there and build hotels. (and he wants to use Russian money to do it, now THAT is how to do business) He didn't increase his wealth a thousandfold by not being greedy. (and BTW, he NEVER filed bankruptcy and I can prove it)

Trump and Putin are the loose cannons here. Nobody can control either one of them. While we can trust in their love of their wealth, I wouldn't push it. you know I don't, but I have been into committing acts of anger. You don't want that. Well that's how those people are. In fact, after the scam known as the cold war was called off, Russia treated the US with respect, and they backed off on several things to keep the peace.

When it comes to missiles in Poland, we need to back off. Whether Trump backs off remains to be seen. That is one thing I cannot predict. Trump, the loose cannon, shows no definite signs of an agenda other than what he states.. Almost everyone else I can backfigure their real goals and know what is likely to happen next, but not Trump. He is different and I think that is why he scares some people. Well he doesn't scare me. Well very very few things do...


Guest

Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:45 pm   



On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 1:20:48 PM UTC-5, jurb...@gmail.com wrote:
Quote:
"Intermediate range in that area of the world are dangerous because it will force Russia to lessen safeguards against reacting a false alarm detection. "

Unfortunate but probably true. Whether or not something actually happens is up in the air.

But always remember that the media pushes you into thinking that everybody is crazy, even Trump. Bullshit.

Think of it, every person on this planet who has the authority to launch a nuke or start a big war is rich, led a semi-sheltered life at least, has houses, cars, planes, probably a fifty grand stereo too and enough money to never ever run out. (maybe actually even the Brooklyn bridge) They don't want to fuck that up. Putin doesn't own Trump, but Trump doesn't want war, he wants to pick a couple of the biggest cities there and build hotels. (and he wants to use Russian money to do it, now THAT is how to do business) He didn't increase his wealth a thousandfold by not being greedy. (and BTW, he NEVER filed bankruptcy and I can prove it)

Trump and Putin are the loose cannons here. Nobody can control either one of them. While we can trust in their love of their wealth, I wouldn't push it. you know I don't, but I have been into committing acts of anger. You don't want that. Well that's how those people are. In fact, after the scam known as the cold war was called off, Russia treated the US with respect, and they backed off on several things to keep the peace.

When it comes to missiles in Poland, we need to back off. Whether Trump backs off remains to be seen. That is one thing I cannot predict. Trump, the loose cannon, shows no definite signs of an agenda other than what he states. Almost everyone else I can backfigure their real goals and know what is likely to happen next, but not Trump. He is different and I think that is why he scares some people. Well he doesn't scare me. Well very very few things do...


The sites in Poland are there to catch an ICBM coming out of places like Iran and heading for central/ western Europe. If something like that happens, Russia may not know where it originated, and think it's one of ours. A fanatical leadership will think the resulting mutual annihilation is great.

speff
Guest

Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:45 am   



On Friday, 8 February 2019 14:01:26 UTC-5, bloggs.fred...@gmail.com wrote:
Quote:
On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 1:20:48 PM UTC-5, jurb...@gmail.com wrote:
"Intermediate range in that area of the world are dangerous because it will force Russia to lessen safeguards against reacting a false alarm detection. "

Unfortunate but probably true. Whether or not something actually happens is up in the air.

But always remember that the media pushes you into thinking that everybody is crazy, even Trump. Bullshit.

Think of it, every person on this planet who has the authority to launch a nuke or start a big war is rich, led a semi-sheltered life at least, has houses, cars, planes, probably a fifty grand stereo too and enough money to never ever run out. (maybe actually even the Brooklyn bridge) They don't want to fuck that up. Putin doesn't own Trump, but Trump doesn't want war, he wants to pick a couple of the biggest cities there and build hotels. (and he wants to use Russian money to do it, now THAT is how to do business) He didn't increase his wealth a thousandfold by not being greedy. (and BTW, he NEVER filed bankruptcy and I can prove it)

Trump and Putin are the loose cannons here. Nobody can control either one of them. While we can trust in their love of their wealth, I wouldn't push it. you know I don't, but I have been into committing acts of anger. You don't want that. Well that's how those people are. In fact, after the scam known as the cold war was called off, Russia treated the US with respect, and they backed off on several things to keep the peace.

When it comes to missiles in Poland, we need to back off. Whether Trump backs off remains to be seen. That is one thing I cannot predict. Trump, the loose cannon, shows no definite signs of an agenda other than what he states. Almost everyone else I can backfigure their real goals and know what is likely to happen next, but not Trump. He is different and I think that is why he scares some people. Well he doesn't scare me. Well very very few things do...

The sites in Poland are there to catch an ICBM coming out of places like Iran and heading for central/ western Europe. If something like that happens, Russia may not know where it originated, and think it's one of ours. A fanatical leadership will think the resulting mutual annihilation is great.


Or maybe they're there for "mopping up" whatever Russian missiles are left after a massive first strike. See "nuclear primacy".

--Spehro Pefhany


Guest

Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:45 pm   



On Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 7:27:11 PM UTC-5, speff wrote:
Quote:
On Friday, 8 February 2019 14:01:26 UTC-5, bloggs.fred...@gmail.com wrote:
On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 1:20:48 PM UTC-5, jurb...@gmail.com wrote:
"Intermediate range in that area of the world are dangerous because it will force Russia to lessen safeguards against reacting a false alarm detection. "

Unfortunate but probably true. Whether or not something actually happens is up in the air.

But always remember that the media pushes you into thinking that everybody is crazy, even Trump. Bullshit.

Think of it, every person on this planet who has the authority to launch a nuke or start a big war is rich, led a semi-sheltered life at least, has houses, cars, planes, probably a fifty grand stereo too and enough money to never ever run out. (maybe actually even the Brooklyn bridge) They don't want to fuck that up. Putin doesn't own Trump, but Trump doesn't want war, he wants to pick a couple of the biggest cities there and build hotels. (and he wants to use Russian money to do it, now THAT is how to do business) He didn't increase his wealth a thousandfold by not being greedy. (and BTW, he NEVER filed bankruptcy and I can prove it)

Trump and Putin are the loose cannons here. Nobody can control either one of them. While we can trust in their love of their wealth, I wouldn't push it. you know I don't, but I have been into committing acts of anger. You don't want that. Well that's how those people are. In fact, after the scam known as the cold war was called off, Russia treated the US with respect, and they backed off on several things to keep the peace.

When it comes to missiles in Poland, we need to back off. Whether Trump backs off remains to be seen. That is one thing I cannot predict. Trump, the loose cannon, shows no definite signs of an agenda other than what he states. Almost everyone else I can backfigure their real goals and know what is likely to happen next, but not Trump. He is different and I think that is why he scares some people. Well he doesn't scare me. Well very very few things do...

The sites in Poland are there to catch an ICBM coming out of places like Iran and heading for central/ western Europe. If something like that happens, Russia may not know where it originated, and think it's one of ours. A fanatical leadership will think the resulting mutual annihilation is great..

Or maybe they're there for "mopping up" whatever Russian missiles are left after a massive first strike. See "nuclear primacy".

--Spehro Pefhany


They're not going to mop them up in flight. There is great circle mapper here:
http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?DU=mi&MS=wls&P=SVO-+IAD

The trajectory from Moscow (SVO) to DC (IAD) takes the missile way north to Finland, then mid-peninsula Scandinavia, then dead center Iceland, south to Newfoundland and Labrador through New Brunswick, to Maine etc to DC...
Main thing it's way out of range of anything in Poland.

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics Design - Russian media threatens US with 100-megaton nuclear doomsday

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic version Bulgarian version Catalan version Czech version Danish version German version Greek version English version Spanish version Finnish version French version Hindi version Croatian version Indonesian version Italian version Hebrew version Japanese version Korean version Lithuanian version Latvian version Dutch version Norwegian version Polish version Portuguese version Romanian version Russian version Slovak version Slovenian version Serbian version Swedish version Tagalog version Ukrainian version Vietnamese version Chinese version Turkish version
EDAboard.com map