EDAboard.com | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | WTWH Media

Rebuild computer speakers

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronic for beginners - Rebuild computer speakers

AK

Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:45 pm   

I bought some Inland Pro Sound 2000 speakers from a thrift store.

It is an amplified system putting out about 7 watts.

They sound pretty poor.

I remember making my own 8 ohm speakers years ago using a woofer, midrange, tweeter, and a cross-over network.

Can I do that also with this system?

Thanks.

whit3rd

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:45 am   

On Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 10:59:15 AM UTC-7, AK wrote:
Quote:

They sound pretty poor.

So, you want to fix that? It's usually the case that a coupling capacitor has gone leaky,
and is putting some DC across the speaker terminals. Check for that first (or the speakers
can overheat). If that's not it, look at the amplifier fiinal stage etc.

AK

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:45 am   

On Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 9:46:38 PM UTC-5, whit3rd wrote:
Quote:
On Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 10:59:15 AM UTC-7, AK wrote:

They sound pretty poor.

So, you want to fix that? It's usually the case that a coupling capacitor has gone leaky,
and is putting some DC across the speaker terminals. Check for that first (or the speakers
can overheat). If that's not it, look at the amplifier fiinal stage etc.

Ok, thanks.

Andy

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronic for beginners - Rebuild computer speakers

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic version Bulgarian version Catalan version Czech version Danish version German version Greek version English version Spanish version Finnish version French version Hindi version Croatian version Indonesian version Italian version Hebrew version Japanese version Korean version Lithuanian version Latvian version Dutch version Norwegian version Polish version Portuguese version Romanian version Russian version Slovak version Slovenian version Serbian version Swedish version Tagalog version Ukrainian version Vietnamese version Chinese version Turkish version
EDAboard.com map