EDAboard.com | EDAboard.eu | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | RTV forum PL | NewsGroups PL

Power supply 230Vac 12V - 24Vdc

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics Design - Power supply 230Vac 12V - 24Vdc

Gerard

Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:01 pm   

Hello to all.
I am searching for a multivoltage power supply which are to be mounted on the DIN rail of a cabinet.
What I am actually interested in are 12Vdc and 24Vdc outputs with an input of 230Vac. The loads I am considering
in my circuit draw about 1 Amp from the 12Vdc source and about 3Amps from the 24Vdc source.
As I am designing a redundant power supply I would need to have 2 Power supplies in parallel so in case one fails
the other takes over so I would also like to know whether the power supplies have an incorporated diode that idealizes this function.
I am also considering using one of the 12Vdc power supplies with a dual output for this function. By connecting the both 12V
outputs in a series connection I would have my 24Vdc and at the 12V nodes i could power my 12V load.
Another option would be to get the 24Vdc power supply and using a resistive bridge or zener diode lower the voltage to 12Vdc or another integrated
circuit ...however I would have to cope with heating losses and high wattage extra components.
Could you please advice me on my best options.
I am familiar with TDK Lambda power supplies for DIN Rails. As this is circuit has to always work I would need a reliable and top notch manufacturer.
Thanks in advance.
Gerard

Spehro Pefhany

Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:48 pm   

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:01:30 -0700 (PDT), Gerard
<elishaphat_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Quote:
Hello to all.
I am searching for a multivoltage power supply which are to be mounted on the DIN rail of a cabinet.
What I am actually interested in are 12Vdc and 24Vdc outputs with an input of 230Vac. The loads I am considering
in my circuit draw about 1 Amp from the 12Vdc source and about 3Amps from the 24Vdc source.
As I am designing a redundant power supply I would need to have 2 Power supplies in parallel so in case one fails
the other takes over so I would also like to know whether the power supplies have an incorporated diode that idealizes this function.
I am also considering using one of the 12Vdc power supplies with a dual output for this function. By connecting the both 12V
outputs in a series connection I would have my 24Vdc and at the 12V nodes i could power my 12V load.
Another option would be to get the 24Vdc power supply and using a resistive bridge or zener diode lower the voltage to 12Vdc or another integrated
circuit ...however I would have to cope with heating losses and high wattage extra components.
Could you please advice me on my best options.
I am familiar with TDK Lambda power supplies for DIN Rails. As this is circuit has to always work I would need a reliable and top notch manufacturer.
Thanks in advance.
Gerard

Meanwell has some DIN rail supplies. If it really has to always work,
you'll need to find another approach (for example hot swap and
redundancy) than just buying good or expensive supplies because
_everything_ eventually fails, and power supplies will often fail
before other things.

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics Design - Power supply 230Vac 12V - 24Vdc

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic versionBulgarian versionCatalan versionCzech versionDanish versionGerman versionGreek versionEnglish versionSpanish versionFinnish versionFrench versionHindi versionCroatian versionIndonesian versionItalian versionHebrew versionJapanese versionKorean versionLithuanian versionLatvian versionDutch versionNorwegian versionPolish versionPortuguese versionRomanian versionRussian versionSlovak versionSlovenian versionSerbian versionSwedish versionTagalog versionUkrainian versionVietnamese versionChinese version
RTV map EDAboard.com map News map EDAboard.eu map EDAboard.de map EDAboard.co.uk map