EDAboard.com | EDAboard.eu | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | RTV forum PL | NewsGroups PL

Parts for Tek 405 modules

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics Components - Parts for Tek 405 modules

three_jeeps

Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:27 pm   

I recently got a Tektronix TM405 with a FG502 function generator, DM502 volt meter, DC503 Universal counter, and a PS503 power supply. Advertized as 'everything working'....yea, right.

A cursory inspection shows the FG502 to be dead, the DM502 to have a display that is constantly flashing 118.3 no matter what scale it is on. The PS503 +/- outputs are dead.
Now I need to go into troubleshooting mode. I came across an extender cable from jamma boards so I can work the modules outside the enclosure.
I'll do the basic checking supply voltages, then caps, diodes, etc.

So my questions at this point:

Are there any cross reference lists (pointers please?) for the Tek branded electronic parts?

Names of suppliers for some of the Tek parts?

Any common/well known failures & associated fixes for this PS?

Any help is really appreciated.

Ken

Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:40 am   

three_jeeps wrote:
Quote:
I recently got a Tektronix TM405 with a FG502 function generator, DM502 volt meter, DC503 Universal counter, and a PS503 power supply. Advertized as 'everything working'....yea, right.

A cursory inspection shows the FG502 to be dead, the DM502 to have a display that is constantly flashing 118.3 no matter what scale it is on. The PS503 +/- outputs are dead.
Now I need to go into troubleshooting mode. I came across an extender cable from jamma boards so I can work the modules outside the enclosure.
I'll do the basic checking supply voltages, then caps, diodes, etc.

So my questions at this point:

Are there any cross reference lists (pointers please?) for the Tek branded electronic parts?

Names of suppliers for some of the Tek parts?

Any common/well known failures & associated fixes for this PS?

Any help is really appreciated.

http://www.reprise.com/host/tektronix/reference/transistor.asp
http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/tekequiv.html

Reinhard Zwirner

Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:10 am   

Ken schrieb:
> three_jeeps wrote:

[...]
Quote:

.... and there is a special Tektronix Yahoo group with a lot of
helpful experts!

Best regards

Reinhard

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics Components - Parts for Tek 405 modules

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic versionBulgarian versionCatalan versionCzech versionDanish versionGerman versionGreek versionEnglish versionSpanish versionFinnish versionFrench versionHindi versionCroatian versionIndonesian versionItalian versionHebrew versionJapanese versionKorean versionLithuanian versionLatvian versionDutch versionNorwegian versionPolish versionPortuguese versionRomanian versionRussian versionSlovak versionSlovenian versionSerbian versionSwedish versionTagalog versionUkrainian versionVietnamese versionChinese version
RTV map EDAboard.com map News map EDAboard.eu map EDAboard.de map EDAboard.co.uk map