EDAboard.com | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | WTWH Media

OT: Brave cops prevent another mass school shooting!

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics Design - OT: Brave cops prevent another mass school shooting!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Cursitor Doom

Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:45 am   

"The best solution to a bad guy with a gun is a *good* guy with a gun" -
anon.

More Darwinism in action:

https://tinyurl.com/y7hwg2g7

--
This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via
the Usenet protocol. Reproduction in whole or part through other
protocols, whether for profit or not, is conditional upon a charge of
GBP10.00 per reproduction. Publication in this manner via non-Usenet
protocols constitutes acceptance of this condition.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:45 am   

On Sunday, February 3, 2019 at 11:07:19 PM UTC-5, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
Quote:
On Monday, February 4, 2019 at 11:54:32 AM UTC+11, Cursitor Doom wrote:
anon.

Not exactly. Darwinism would kill off the the class of US politicians that allow every lunatic to own a gun and keep it at home.

They do get thinned out a bit, but the selection rate is nowhere near high enough to improve the breed.

Darwinian selection is a brutal and inefficient mechanism, but Cursitor Doom is too dim to realise that there are better ways of improving the world.. Culling the Cursitor Dooms would be brutal, but at least it would be efficient.

At least Doom understands it is only good for good guys to have guns. In this case it worked well because the good guys with guns were trained cops who knew what they were doing and not a teacher who was told to carry a gun or just some paranoid who feels the need to carry a gun on the street. Not everyone who can get their hands on guns are good guys or should be able to get guns. The only real disagreement is on who the "good" guys with guns should be.

Rick C.

- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:45 am   

On Monday, February 4, 2019 at 11:54:32 AM UTC+11, Cursitor Doom wrote:
Quote:
anon.

Not exactly. Darwinism would kill off the the class of US politicians that allow every lunatic to own a gun and keep it at home.

They do get thinned out a bit, but the selection rate is nowhere near high enough to improve the breed.

Darwinian selection is a brutal and inefficient mechanism, but Cursitor Doom is too dim to realise that there are better ways of improving the world. Culling the Cursitor Dooms would be brutal, but at least it would be efficient.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Tom Gardner

Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:45 am   

On 04/02/19 00:54, Cursitor Doom wrote:
Quote:
anon.

Conclusive proof that CD is merely a troll.

There's no other reason for stirring up /yet another/
gun control argument in an electronics group.

I hope denizens can show restraint and not generate
heat without light.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:45 pm   

On Monday, February 4, 2019 at 7:38:45 PM UTC+11, Tom Gardner wrote:
Quote:
anon.

He's a troll with a long history. He used to be Eeyore.

He was pretty dim back then, but not quite so right-wing.

Quote:

heat without light.

Would we be posting here if we had that much sense?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:45 pm   

On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 12:15:57 AM UTC+11, Tom Gardner wrote:
Quote:
On 04/02/19 12:26, bill.sloman_at_ieee.org wrote:
anon.

I've seen "speshul" behaviour of varying degrees from
him, but I don't remember anything quite so transparent.
But that's probably a defense mechanism allowing me to
forget.

heat without light.

Despite appearances to the contrary, I can occasionally
be optimistic that people's behaviour can improve.

But mostly that improvement takes them someplace else where they can be more constructive - though John Woodgate is the only potential example that comes to mind.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Tom Gardner

On 04/02/19 12:26, bill.sloman_at_ieee.org wrote:
Quote:
anon.

I've seen "speshul" behaviour of varying degrees from
him, but I don't remember anything quite so transparent.
But that's probably a defense mechanism allowing me to
forget.

Quote:

heat without light.

Despite appearances to the contrary, I can occasionally
be optimistic that people's behaviour can improve.

Winfield Hill

bill.sloman_at_ieee.org wrote...
Quote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

heat without light.

Let's go see what's happening on Slashdot.

--
Thanks,
- Win

Tom Gardner

Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:45 pm   

On 04/02/19 13:13, Winfield Hill wrote:
Quote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

heat without light.

I glance at that every day, but it is a /long/ time since
I've bothered to look at the follow-up comments.

If only everything had an SNR as high as comp.risks.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:45 pm   

No more tinyurl. Fuck Zerohedge. I don't care how much they might make sense but the fucking page resets everytime it digs up another ad or some shit. And it is NOT my PC. Know what they took out of browsers ? The ability to turn OFF images.

So that asshole, let's see, in antifa so it is safe to assume he is an ultrasickening liberal. They are against guns.

But he had one.

Explanation ? He doesn't want anyone ELSE to have guns.

Those pieces of shit make me sick. Any of the good parts of their platform are totally obscured by complete idiocy. And they think the taxpayers are fucking money trees.

One down, about 40 million to go. Oil up them killing tools, you're gonna need them.

On Monday, February 4, 2019 at 12:54:11 PM UTC-5, jurb...@gmail.com wrote:
Quote:
No more tinyurl. Fuck Zerohedge. I don't care how much they might make sense but the fucking page resets everytime it digs up another ad or some shit. And it is NOT my PC. Know what they took out of browsers ? The ability to turn OFF images.

So that asshole, let's see, in antifa so it is safe to assume he is an ultrasickening liberal. They are against guns.

But he had one.

Those pieces of shit make me sick. Any of the good parts of their platform are totally obscured by complete idiocy. And they think the taxpayers are fucking money trees.

They all subscribe to something called Modern Monetary Theory, MMT, which essentially says money is nothing. If you can understand this total crap, let me know how it works.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Monetary_Theory

Another thing the irresponsible idiots claim is national debt is insignificant because most of that is money the government borrowed from itself. Excuse me, but transferring funds from the social security, medicare, civil service retirement, military retirement, and other critical accounts, is not "government borrowing from itself," they were expedients to avoid a vote on raising the debt limit. According to CBO all this borrowing from itself amounts to $5.7T out of a $21T total debt which last time I checked does not equate to "most."

Quote:

One down, about 40 million to go. Oil up them killing tools, you're gonna need them.

bitrex

On 02/04/2019 12:54 PM, jurb6006_at_gmail.com wrote:
Quote:

But he had one.

"Landeros went to the school that day over a conflict with his
daughter’s mother."

He didn't get shot over his politics though he got shot over a broad. A
sadly all-too-common end to young men of all types.

It probably beats sucking up to cops, though I'm not sure what sort of
man would do that and glad I don't know much about what's involved.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:45 am   

On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 4:54:11 AM UTC+11, jurb...@gmail.com wrote:
Quote:

But he had one.

That's an explanation. It doesn't fit with the information that the guy who got shot was the firearms instructor for his libertarian group (which ZeroHedge and Ammoland want to call Antifascist, which is a strange label for a typical fascist-style local self-protection league).

Somebody who enrolls his daughter in a school - when his estranged wife is the only person with the right to do that - and gets himself shot while protesting about the law taking its course is a lunatic, and trying to pin some political label on him is the sort of nonsense that right-wing propagandists do go in for.

> Those pieces of shit make me sick. Any of the good parts of their platform are totally obscured by complete idiocy. And they think the taxpayers are fucking money trees.

One would have though that jurb would have liked the "Community Armed Self Defense" group. But apparently some other right-wing group labelling them "Antifa" was enough to kill any sympathy he might otherwise have felt.

> One down, about 40 million to go. Oil up them killing tools, you're gonna need them.

Killing lunatics is cheaper than locking them up in institutions until you can educate them into behaving less like lunatics but there is a tendency for the wrong people to get shot in the process.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

bitrex

Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:45 am   

On 02/04/2019 08:13 AM, Winfield Hill wrote:
Quote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

heat without light.

Woah, are they still around? I remember reading that site in college.
Way back in the 90s, even!

Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:45 am   

On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 5:16:03 AM UTC+11, bloggs.fred...@gmail.com wrote:
Quote:
On Monday, February 4, 2019 at 12:54:11 PM UTC-5, jurb...@gmail.com wrote:

But he had one.

They all subscribe to something called Modern Monetary Theory, MMT, which essentially says money is nothing. If you can understand this total crap, let me know how it works.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Monetary_Theory

Money is a medium of exchange. It's not worth anything in its own right. Keynes did point out that people take it much too seriously, and it's their irrational reactions to the perceived state of the economy that create booms and busts.

Sadly, the kind of economic theory that addresses people economic delusions and how to manipulate them falls flat when it runs into people who take money very seriously (and have lots of it) while not understanding at all what it is actually doing, let alone what their money should be doing (as opposed to sticking the name "Trump" on impressive-looking hotels in the capitals of ex-Iron Curtain countries).

<snipped more of the same kind of incomprehension>

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics Design - OT: Brave cops prevent another mass school shooting!

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic version Bulgarian version Catalan version Czech version Danish version German version Greek version English version Spanish version Finnish version French version Hindi version Croatian version Indonesian version Italian version Hebrew version Japanese version Korean version Lithuanian version Latvian version Dutch version Norwegian version Polish version Portuguese version Romanian version Russian version Slovak version Slovenian version Serbian version Swedish version Tagalog version Ukrainian version Vietnamese version Chinese version Turkish version
EDAboard.com map