EDAboard.com | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | WTWH Media

multi voltage power adaptor

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics AUS - multi voltage power adaptor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Trevor Wilson
Guest

Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:45 am   



On 15/04/2020 4:29 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
Quote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfnlghF4v6dU1_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 3:13 pm, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfncdcF35usU1_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 12:31 pm, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfn7leF2ai1U1_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 11:37 am, Rod Speed wrote:
Jasen Betts <jasen_at_xnet.co.nz> wrote
Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa_at_gmail.com> wrote

And even if they did, and they don’t, have fun explaining
how our civilisation somehow managed to cope with
a change of sea level of hundreds of feet, and somehow
managed to cope with a significant drop in climate from when
the romans grew wine in england and the current climate.

Where are you getting this from?

History, you should try it some time.

Bullshit. You made it up.

Made up the time when Greenland had extensive
agriculture  by the vikings eh ?  Yeah, right.

Greenland has had agriculture for many thousands of years.

But there was far more of it when the vikings
showed up and human civilisation handled
that fine when it iced up significantly later.

You really try hard to ignore facts, don't you?

You are the one ignoring the fact that human civilisation
has survived lots of climate change in the past.


**Nice goal post shift. You claimed that human civilisation has see sea
level rise of "hundreds of feet".

Let's see you evidence for that.

Quote:

The oldest part of the Greenland ice sheet is more than ONE MILLION
years old. Long before humans existed. Let alone civilisation and
agriculture:

All completely irrelevant to the fact that human civilisation
has survived significant climate change there.


**They have not suffered under "hundreds of feet of water" that you claim.

Quote:


**Since the Greenland ice sheets have existed for more than one million
years, you may now back down from your idiotic claim.

Over to you.


--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Trevor Wilson
Guest

Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:45 am   



On 15/04/2020 4:31 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
Quote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfnljdF4v6dU2_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 3:29 pm, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfnchsF35usU2_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 12:36 pm, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfn7mtF2ai1U2_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 11:34 am, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfknkcFgdkkU1_at_mid.individual.net...
On 14/04/2020 12:18 pm, Clocky wrote:
On 11/04/2020 11:49 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
On 11/04/2020 9:14 am, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hej2tsFc17gU1_at_mid.individual.net...
On 1/04/2020 1:47 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
Max wrote:

------------



** The info on the linked page page is wrong.

That unit is clearly a SMPS ( weighs 75gm ) so is regulated.

Simple transformer based DC adapters have long been
excluded by the MEPS
regulations - permitted only for replacement purposes.

The lack of any amp rating is unhelpful, but I guess from
the price it is at least 1 amp.


It said it is MEPS compliant, whatever that is.


**  MEPS  = Minimum Energy Performance Standard

Essentially a loony Green idea forced on us for insane
reasons.

**Not quite. Reducing power consumption results in a
reduction in CO2 emissions.

Reducing CO2 emissions is critical to the future of our
civilisation.

Bullshit.

**Really? I take it that you disagree with these guys?


www.ipcc.ch

Wanna present your alternate (peer-reviewed) theory?

I'll wait.




Not going to happen.
They will carry their worthless baseless opinions with them
into the ground.

Of course. They're idiots, who prefer to listen to Jones,
Abbott, ScoMo and the other scientific illiterates.

Never take any notice of any of those.

You just agree with the morons.

I do nothing of the sort. I haven't even said what I think
will happen climate change wise. I have JUST rubbed
you stupid nose in the FACT that human civilisation
has always managed to handle climate change fine
in the past and will continue to do so in the future.

**No. You claimed that human civilisation has had to deal with sea
levels that were "hundreds of feet" higher than today.

Despite repeated requests, you have failed miserably to supply any
evidence to support your insanity.


Notice how that, when they're presented with facts and data,

You have in fact done nothing of the sort. Just lied thru
your fucking teeth about what the ipcc has actually said.

I CITED the IPCC precisely.

Pity they don’t say anything like your stupid claim about human
civilisation,

The cite was in reference to a 7 Metre rise in sea levels, when
greenland melts.

The ipcc never ever said anything even remotely like your stupid
claim that reducing CO2 emissions is critical to the future of our
civilisation, you pathetic excuse for a lying bullshit artist.

And, once more, moron: I was responding to your claim that the IPCC
NEVER mentioned the melting of the Greenland ice sheets.

I never ever said anything of the sort, you silly little pathological liar.


**It is very easy to expose your lies:

---

I wrote:

"If you imagine The Netherlands can cope with a (say) 7 Metre sea level
rise (the amount that sea levels will rise when Greenland melts),"

You wrote:

"It won't."

I wrote:

"Correct. The Dutch civilisation will be screwed."

You wrote:

"Only in your pathetic little drug crazed
drunken dole bludger fantasyland.

Even the ipcc doesn’t predict that that will happen
you pathetic excuse for a lying bullshit artist."

To which I quoted IPCC chapter and verse:

"Working Group 1. 11.2.3

Read it, dickhead."

---

Clear proof that you lied and you lied about reading the IPCC documents.

You are, like Jones, Abbott and ScoMo, a liar and a scientific ignoramus.



--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Rod Speed
Guest

Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:44 am   



Xeno <xenolith_at_optusnet.com.au> wrote
Quote:
Rod Speed wrote
Trevor Wilson <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Trevor Wilson <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Trevor Wilson <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Jasen Betts <jasen_at_xnet.co.nz> wrote
Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa_at_gmail.com> wrote

And even if they did, and they don’t, have fun explaining
how our civilisation somehow managed to cope with
a change of sea level of hundreds of feet, and somehow
managed to cope with a significant drop in climate from when
the romans grew wine in england and the current climate.

Where are you getting this from?

History, you should try it some time.

Bullshit. You made it up.

Made up the time when Greenland had extensive
agriculture by the vikings eh ? Yeah, right.

Greenland has had agriculture for many thousands of years.

But there was far more of it when the vikings
showed up and human civilisation handled
that fine when it iced up significantly later.

You really try hard to ignore facts, don't you?

You are the one ignoring the fact that human civilisation
has survived lots of climate change in the past.

All of it small scale,


Bullshit with the desertification of the sahara,
the failure of the rainfall in central america,
the little ice age. the lack any summer in
europe due to the worst volcanoes etc etc etc.

> as were "civilisations" back then.

More mindless pig ignorant silly stuff with the romans,
the greeks, the chinese, the japs, india etc.

> Now civilisations have a lot more *infrastructure* that will be affected,

And much more capacity to carry on regardless
in places like Antarctica and the arctic etc.

> not the least of which is agriculture and coastal areas.

But we have now worked out how to grow quite a bit of
stuff in completely artificial environments almost anywhere
and to turn unsuitable water into potable water.

Quote:
You will note, most major cities in the world are near the coast. 7 metre
rise in sea level - even the Dutch will be helpless to save them.


But when we have worked out how to move millions
right across the entire fucking world, we are quite
capable of moving those citys too over that time.

Quote:
The oldest part of the Greenland ice sheet is more than ONE MILLION
years old. Long before humans existed. Let alone civilisation and
agriculture:

All completely irrelevant to the fact that human civilisation
has survived significant climate change there.

Show the civilisations that have survived dramatic climate change.


Just did with greenland and central america and the sahara etc.

>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland_ice_sheet

Rod Speed
Guest

Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:45 am   



"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfo07cF75gjU1_at_mid.individual.net...
Quote:
On 15/04/2020 4:29 pm, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfnlghF4v6dU1_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 3:13 pm, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfncdcF35usU1_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 12:31 pm, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfn7leF2ai1U1_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 11:37 am, Rod Speed wrote:
Jasen Betts <jasen_at_xnet.co.nz> wrote
Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa_at_gmail.com> wrote

And even if they did, and they don’t, have fun explaining
how our civilisation somehow managed to cope with
a change of sea level of hundreds of feet, and somehow
managed to cope with a significant drop in climate from when
the romans grew wine in england and the current climate.

Where are you getting this from?

History, you should try it some time.

Bullshit. You made it up.

Made up the time when Greenland had extensive
agriculture by the vikings eh ? Yeah, right.

Greenland has had agriculture for many thousands of years.

But there was far more of it when the vikings
showed up and human civilisation handled
that fine when it iced up significantly later.

You really try hard to ignore facts, don't you?

You are the one ignoring the fact that human civilisation
has survived lots of climate change in the past.

Nice goal post shift.


No goal post shift you pathetic excuse for a lying bullshit artist.

Quote:
The oldest part of the Greenland ice sheet is more than ONE MILLION
years old. Long before humans existed. Let alone civilisation and
agriculture:

All completely irrelevant to the fact that human civilisation
has survived significant climate change there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland_ice_sheet


Rod Speed
Guest

Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:45 am   



"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfo0lpF75gjU2_at_mid.individual.net...
Quote:
On 15/04/2020 4:31 pm, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfnljdF4v6dU2_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 3:29 pm, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfnchsF35usU2_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 12:36 pm, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfn7mtF2ai1U2_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 11:34 am, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfknkcFgdkkU1_at_mid.individual.net...
On 14/04/2020 12:18 pm, Clocky wrote:
On 11/04/2020 11:49 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
On 11/04/2020 9:14 am, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hej2tsFc17gU1_at_mid.individual.net...
On 1/04/2020 1:47 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
Max wrote:

------------



** The info on the linked page page is wrong.

That unit is clearly a SMPS ( weighs 75gm ) so is
regulated.

Simple transformer based DC adapters have long been
excluded by the MEPS
regulations - permitted only for replacement purposes.

The lack of any amp rating is unhelpful, but I guess from
the price it is at least 1 amp.


It said it is MEPS compliant, whatever that is.


** MEPS = Minimum Energy Performance Standard

Essentially a loony Green idea forced on us for insane
reasons.

**Not quite. Reducing power consumption results in a reduction
in CO2 emissions.

Reducing CO2 emissions is critical to the future of our
civilisation.

Bullshit.

**Really? I take it that you disagree with these guys?


www.ipcc.ch

Wanna present your alternate (peer-reviewed) theory?

I'll wait.




Not going to happen.
They will carry their worthless baseless opinions with them into
the ground.

Of course. They're idiots, who prefer to listen to Jones, Abbott,
ScoMo and the other scientific illiterates.

Never take any notice of any of those.

You just agree with the morons.

I do nothing of the sort. I haven't even said what I think
will happen climate change wise. I have JUST rubbed
you stupid nose in the FACT that human civilisation
has always managed to handle climate change fine
in the past and will continue to do so in the future.

**No. You claimed that human civilisation has had to deal with sea
levels that were "hundreds of feet" higher than today.

Despite repeated requests, you have failed miserably to supply any
evidence to support your insanity.


Notice how that, when they're presented with facts and data,

You have in fact done nothing of the sort. Just lied thru
your fucking teeth about what the ipcc has actually said.

I CITED the IPCC precisely.

Pity they don’t say anything like your stupid claim about human
civilisation,

The cite was in reference to a 7 Metre rise in sea levels, when
greenland melts.

The ipcc never ever said anything even remotely like your stupid
claim that reducing CO2 emissions is critical to the future of our
civilisation, you pathetic excuse for a lying bullshit artist.

And, once more, moron: I was responding to your claim that the IPCC
NEVER mentioned the melting of the Greenland ice sheets.

I never ever said anything of the sort, you silly little pathological
liar.


**It is very easy to expose your lies:

---

I wrote:

"If you imagine The Netherlands can cope with a (say) 7 Metre sea level
rise (the amount that sea levels will rise when Greenland melts),"

You wrote:

"It won't."

I wrote:

"Correct. The Dutch civilisation will be screwed."

You wrote:

"Only in your pathetic little drug crazed
drunken dole bludger fantasyland.

Even the ipcc doesn’t predict that that will happen
you pathetic excuse for a lying bullshit artist."

To which I quoted IPCC chapter and verse:

"Working Group 1. 11.2.3

Read it, dickhead."


Pity it doesn’t say that dutch civilisation will
be screwed, you silly little pathological liar.

Xeno
Guest

Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:45 pm   



On 15/4/20 7:44 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
Quote:
Xeno <xenolith_at_optusnet.com.au> wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Trevor Wilson <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Trevor Wilson <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Trevor Wilson <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Jasen Betts <jasen_at_xnet.co.nz> wrote
Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa_at_gmail.com> wrote

And even if they did, and they don’t, have fun explaining
how our civilisation somehow managed to cope with
a change of sea level of hundreds of feet, and somehow
managed to cope with a significant drop in climate from when
the romans grew wine in england and the current climate.

Where are you getting this from?

History, you should try it some time.

Bullshit. You made it up.

Made up the time when Greenland had extensive
agriculture  by the vikings eh ?  Yeah, right.

Greenland has had agriculture for many thousands of years.

But there was far more of it when the vikings
showed up and human civilisation handled
that fine when it iced up significantly later.

You really try hard to ignore facts, don't you?

You are the one ignoring the fact that human civilisation
has survived lots of climate change in the past.

All of it small scale,

Bullshit with the desertification of the sahara,
the failure of the rainfall in central america,


The activities involved in human induced climate change aren't limited
to the buring of fossil fuels and the spewing of tons and tons of CO2
into the atmosphere.

Quote:
the little ice age. the lack any summer in
europe due to the worst volcanoes etc etc etc.


Volcanoes create ash clouds that affect climate by blocking the sun.
Naturally you will miss out on summer. You might get colder winters too.
But those aren't the only effects. Heard of Krakatoa?
https://www.nature.com/articles/439675a
Quote:

as were "civilisations" back then.

More mindless pig ignorant silly stuff with the romans,
the greeks, the chinese, the japs, india etc.


Those were not the civilisations I was referring to.
Quote:

Now civilisations have a lot more *infrastructure* that will be affected,

And much more capacity to carry on regardless
in places like Antarctica and the arctic etc.


If you can't grow food your civilisation either shrinks dramatically or
dies out. It has happened before. The difference in those cases was that
the civilisation revolved around city states. I was watching a lecture
on one such case. I will see if I can find it again.
Quote:

not the least of which is agriculture and coastal areas.

But we have now worked out how to grow quite a bit of
stuff in completely artificial environments almost anywhere
and to turn unsuitable water into potable water.


For the scale required to feed current or projected world populations,
you're dreaming.
Quote:

You will note, most major cities in the world are near the coast. 7
metre rise in sea level - even the Dutch will be helpless to save them.

But when we have worked out how to move millions
right across the entire fucking world, we are quite
capable of moving those citys too over that time.


But that is precisely the point. Most of the cities (note spelling) will
need to be moved - but you cannot move a city. You can build a new city
and transfer the people and *some* of the infrastructure - but not all
of it. Indonesia is doing that as I write this. Jakarta is drowning and
they are building a new capital on the island of Borneo. They will leave
the old infrastructure behind to *drown*. There are 32 million people in
Jakarta. Will they all be invited to the new capital city?
Quote:

The oldest part of the Greenland ice sheet is more than ONE MILLION
years old. Long before humans existed. Let alone civilisation and
agriculture:

All completely irrelevant to the fact that human civilisation
has survived significant climate change there.

Show the civilisations that have survived dramatic climate change.

Just did with greenland and central america and the sahara etc.


The sahara? That region, and those nearby, are generating the most
refugees. That's surviving? The people are *fleeing* the region. That
will only lead to issues in the areas they flee to.

For the record, desertification in the sahara is not as a result of
climate change though that may exacerbate it. The main cause of
desertification in the Sahara is the overexploitation of resources. The
reason is simple - overpopulation.
Quote:


--

Xeno


Nothing astonishes Noddy so much as common sense and plain dealing.
(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Trevor Wilson
Guest

Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:45 pm   



On 15/04/2020 4:29 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
Quote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfnlghF4v6dU1_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 3:13 pm, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfncdcF35usU1_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 12:31 pm, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfn7leF2ai1U1_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 11:37 am, Rod Speed wrote:
Jasen Betts <jasen_at_xnet.co.nz> wrote
Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa_at_gmail.com> wrote

And even if they did, and they don’t, have fun explaining
how our civilisation somehow managed to cope with
a change of sea level of hundreds of feet, and somehow
managed to cope with a significant drop in climate from when
the romans grew wine in england and the current climate.

Where are you getting this from?

History, you should try it some time.

Bullshit. You made it up.

Made up the time when Greenland had extensive
agriculture by the vikings eh ? Yeah, right.

Greenland has had agriculture for many thousands of years.

But there was far more of it when the vikings
showed up and human civilisation handled
that fine when it iced up significantly later.

You really try hard to ignore facts, don't you?

You are the one ignoring the fact that human civilisation
has survived lots of climate change in the past.


**Nice goal post shift. You claimed that human civilisation has see sea
level rise of "hundreds of feet".

Let's see you evidence for that.

Quote:

The oldest part of the Greenland ice sheet is more than ONE MILLION

years old. Long before humans existed. Let alone civilisation and
agriculture:
Quote:

All completely irrelevant to the fact that human civilisation
has survived significant climate change there.


**They have not suffered under "hundreds of feet of water" that you claim.

Quote:


**Since the Greenland ice sheets have existed for more than one million
years, you may now back down from your idiotic claim.

Over to you.



--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Trevor Wilson
Guest

Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:45 pm   



On 15/04/2020 7:48 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
Quote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfo0lpF75gjU2_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 4:31 pm, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfnljdF4v6dU2_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 3:29 pm, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfnchsF35usU2_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 12:36 pm, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfn7mtF2ai1U2_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 11:34 am, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfknkcFgdkkU1_at_mid.individual.net...
On 14/04/2020 12:18 pm, Clocky wrote:
On 11/04/2020 11:49 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
On 11/04/2020 9:14 am, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hej2tsFc17gU1_at_mid.individual.net...
On 1/04/2020 1:47 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
Max wrote:

------------



** The info on the linked page page is wrong.

That unit is clearly a SMPS ( weighs 75gm ) so is
regulated.

Simple transformer based DC adapters have long been
excluded by the MEPS
regulations - permitted only for replacement purposes.

The lack of any amp rating is unhelpful, but I guess
from the price it is at least 1 amp.


It said it is MEPS compliant, whatever that is.


**  MEPS  = Minimum Energy Performance Standard

Essentially a loony Green idea forced on us for insane
reasons.

**Not quite. Reducing power consumption results in a
reduction in CO2 emissions.

Reducing CO2 emissions is critical to the future of our
civilisation.

Bullshit.

**Really? I take it that you disagree with these guys?


www.ipcc.ch

Wanna present your alternate (peer-reviewed) theory?

I'll wait.




Not going to happen.
They will carry their worthless baseless opinions with them
into the ground.

Of course. They're idiots, who prefer to listen to Jones,
Abbott, ScoMo and the other scientific illiterates.

Never take any notice of any of those.

You just agree with the morons.

I do nothing of the sort. I haven't even said what I think
will happen climate change wise. I have JUST rubbed
you stupid nose in the FACT that human civilisation
has always managed to handle climate change fine
in the past and will continue to do so in the future.

**No. You claimed that human civilisation has had to deal with sea
levels that were "hundreds of feet" higher than today.

Despite repeated requests, you have failed miserably to supply any
evidence to support your insanity.


Notice how that, when they're presented with facts and data,

You have in fact done nothing of the sort. Just lied thru
your fucking teeth about what the ipcc has actually said.

I CITED the IPCC precisely.

Pity they don’t say anything like your stupid claim about human
civilisation,

The cite was in reference to a 7 Metre rise in sea levels, when
greenland melts.

The ipcc never ever said anything even remotely like your stupid
claim that reducing CO2 emissions is critical to the future of our
civilisation, you pathetic excuse for a lying bullshit artist.

And, once more, moron: I was responding to your claim that the IPCC
NEVER mentioned the melting of the Greenland ice sheets.

I never ever said anything of the sort, you silly little pathological
liar.


**It is very easy to expose your lies:

---

I wrote:

"If you imagine The Netherlands can cope with a (say) 7 Metre sea
level rise (the amount that sea levels will rise when Greenland melts),"

You wrote:

"It won't."

I wrote:

"Correct. The Dutch civilisation will be screwed."

You wrote:

"Only in your pathetic little drug crazed
drunken dole bludger fantasyland.

Even the ipcc doesn’t predict that that will happen
you pathetic excuse for a lying bullshit artist."

To which I quoted IPCC chapter and verse:

"Working Group 1. 11.2.3

Read it, dickhead."

Pity it doesn’t say that dutch civilisation will
be screwed, you silly little pathological liar.



**Despite your claims, the IPCC DOES mention a 6.5 Metre sea level rise.

BTW: How are you going in your attempts to justify your claim that human
civilisation had to suffer a sea level rise of "hundreds of feet"?


--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Rod Speed
Guest

Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:48 pm   



"Xeno" <xenolith_at_optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfo769F8kf9U1_at_mid.individual.net...
Quote:
On 15/4/20 7:44 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
Xeno <xenolith_at_optusnet.com.au> wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Trevor Wilson <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Trevor Wilson <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Trevor Wilson <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Jasen Betts <jasen_at_xnet.co.nz> wrote
Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa_at_gmail.com> wrote

And even if they did, and they don’t, have fun explaining
how our civilisation somehow managed to cope with
a change of sea level of hundreds of feet, and somehow
managed to cope with a significant drop in climate from when
the romans grew wine in england and the current climate.

Where are you getting this from?

History, you should try it some time.

Bullshit. You made it up.

Made up the time when Greenland had extensive
agriculture by the vikings eh ? Yeah, right.

Greenland has had agriculture for many thousands of years.

But there was far more of it when the vikings
showed up and human civilisation handled
that fine when it iced up significantly later.

You really try hard to ignore facts, don't you?

You are the one ignoring the fact that human civilisation
has survived lots of climate change in the past.

All of it small scale,

Bullshit with the desertification of the sahara,
the failure of the rainfall in central america,

The activities involved in human induced climate change aren't limited to
the buring of fossil fuels and the spewing of tons and tons of CO2 into
the atmosphere.


That remains to be seen.

Quote:
the little ice age. the lack any summer in
europe due to the worst volcanoes etc etc etc.

Volcanoes create ash clouds that affect climate by blocking the sun.
Naturally you will miss out on summer. You might get colder winters too.
But those aren't the only effects. Heard of Krakatoa?
https://www.nature.com/articles/439675a


That’s what I was referring to. Human civilisation
survived that fine.

Quote:
as were "civilisations" back then.

More mindless pig ignorant silly stuff with the romans,
the greeks, the chinese, the japs, india etc.

Those were not the civilisations I was referring to.


But were the ones that handled significant climate change fine.

Quote:
Now civilisations have a lot more *infrastructure* that will be
affected,

And much more capacity to carry on regardless
in places like Antarctica and the arctic etc.

If you can't grow food


But we can now, almost anywhere
even if that takes a greenhouse etc.

Quote:
your civilisation either shrinks dramatically or dies out. It has happened
before.


But doesn’t anymore now that we can move what
we grow to anywhere it is needed so easily.

Quote:
The difference in those cases was that the civilisation revolved around
city states.


But don’t anymore.

Quote:
I was watching a lecture on one such case. I will see if I can find it
again.

not the least of which is agriculture and coastal areas.

But we have now worked out how to grow quite a bit of
stuff in completely artificial environments almost anywhere
and to turn unsuitable water into potable water.

For the scale required to feed current or projected world populations,
you're dreaming.


No need to do that, whatever happens climate change
wise there will always be parts of the world were it still
grows fine and it will always be possible to move what
is grown there to where it will be consumed.

In fact if the world does warm up as has been claimed,
plenty of places that are quite marginal for some crops
will become much more viable for growing those crops.

Quote:
You will note, most major cities in the world are near the coast. 7
metre rise in sea level - even the Dutch will be helpless to save them.

But when we have worked out how to move millions
right across the entire fucking world, we are quite
capable of moving those citys too over that time.

But that is precisely the point.


We'll see...

> Most of the cities (note spelling) will need to be moved

We already rebuild them at a hell of a rate.
No big deal to rebuild them in a higher location.

- but you cannot move a city.

You can actually but don’t need to.

> You can build a new city and transfer the people

And its no big deal to do that in a different location.

> and *some* of the infrastructure - but not all of it.

That last is bullshit.

> Indonesia is doing that as I write this.

And plenty have done that before, most obviously
with russia and brazil and even us with canberra.

Quote:
Jakarta is drowning and they are building a new capital on the island of
Borneo.


And plenty have moved their capital for millennia now.

> They will leave the old infrastructure behind to *drown*.

Just like happened in the Med at times.
And civilisation carried on fine anyway.

Quote:
There are 32 million people in Jakarta. Will they all be invited to the
new capital city?


Its got nothing to do with invitations.

And indonesian civilisation will carry on regardless, you watch.

Quote:
The oldest part of the Greenland ice sheet is more than ONE MILLION
years old. Long before humans existed. Let alone civilisation and
agriculture:

All completely irrelevant to the fact that human civilisation
has survived significant climate change there.

Show the civilisations that have survived dramatic climate change.

Just did with greenland and central america and the sahara etc.

The sahara? That region, and those nearby, are generating the most
refugees.


That’s bullshit, they just move thru there from the sub sahara

And that has nothing to do with climate change,
its due to the countrys north of the med doing a hell
of a lot better economically than sub saharan africa

And that has always been the case. The difference
now is that its feasible for those to head to europe
and it wasn’t in the past.

> That's surviving?

Certainly is for civilisation as a whole and for
those who choose to move to europe too.

Same for the windrushers who moved to the
UK just after the war from the bahamas etc.
Those who moved are doing a hell of a lot
better in the UK than those who didn’t move.

Same with those who chose to move to the USA.

> The people are *fleeing* the region.

Yes,, but not because of climate change.

> That will only lead to issues in the areas they flee to.

Corse it does, but human civilisation carrys on regardless
and in the case of the USA and australia etc, ends up with
a hell of an improvement in the human civilisation than what
was there before the movement of those millions of people.

Quote:
For the record, desertification in the sahara is not as a result of
climate change


That’s bullshit too.

Quote:
though that may exacerbate it. The main cause of desertification in the
Sahara is the overexploitation of resources.


That is complete bullshit.

> The reason is simple - overpopulation.

You are wrong, as always.

>>>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland_ice_sheet

Rod Speed
Guest

Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:34 am   



"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfpdctFgl5tU2_at_mid.individual.net...
Quote:
On 15/04/2020 7:48 pm, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfo0lpF75gjU2_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 4:31 pm, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfnljdF4v6dU2_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 3:29 pm, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfnchsF35usU2_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 12:36 pm, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfn7mtF2ai1U2_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/04/2020 11:34 am, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfknkcFgdkkU1_at_mid.individual.net...
On 14/04/2020 12:18 pm, Clocky wrote:
On 11/04/2020 11:49 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
On 11/04/2020 9:14 am, Rod Speed wrote:


"Trevor Wilson" <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
news:hej2tsFc17gU1_at_mid.individual.net...
On 1/04/2020 1:47 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
Max wrote:

------------



** The info on the linked page page is wrong.

That unit is clearly a SMPS ( weighs 75gm ) so is
regulated.

Simple transformer based DC adapters have long been
excluded by the MEPS
regulations - permitted only for replacement purposes.

The lack of any amp rating is unhelpful, but I guess from
the price it is at least 1 amp.


It said it is MEPS compliant, whatever that is.


** MEPS = Minimum Energy Performance Standard

Essentially a loony Green idea forced on us for insane
reasons.

**Not quite. Reducing power consumption results in a
reduction in CO2 emissions.

Reducing CO2 emissions is critical to the future of our
civilisation.

Bullshit.

**Really? I take it that you disagree with these guys?


www.ipcc.ch

Wanna present your alternate (peer-reviewed) theory?

I'll wait.




Not going to happen.
They will carry their worthless baseless opinions with them
into the ground.

Of course. They're idiots, who prefer to listen to Jones,
Abbott, ScoMo and the other scientific illiterates.

Never take any notice of any of those.

You just agree with the morons.

I do nothing of the sort. I haven't even said what I think
will happen climate change wise. I have JUST rubbed
you stupid nose in the FACT that human civilisation
has always managed to handle climate change fine
in the past and will continue to do so in the future.

**No. You claimed that human civilisation has had to deal with sea
levels that were "hundreds of feet" higher than today.

Despite repeated requests, you have failed miserably to supply any
evidence to support your insanity.


Notice how that, when they're presented with facts and data,

You have in fact done nothing of the sort. Just lied thru
your fucking teeth about what the ipcc has actually said.

I CITED the IPCC precisely.

Pity they don’t say anything like your stupid claim about human
civilisation,

The cite was in reference to a 7 Metre rise in sea levels, when
greenland melts.

The ipcc never ever said anything even remotely like your stupid
claim that reducing CO2 emissions is critical to the future of our
civilisation, you pathetic excuse for a lying bullshit artist.

And, once more, moron: I was responding to your claim that the IPCC
NEVER mentioned the melting of the Greenland ice sheets.

I never ever said anything of the sort, you silly little pathological
liar.


**It is very easy to expose your lies:

---

I wrote:

"If you imagine The Netherlands can cope with a (say) 7 Metre sea level
rise (the amount that sea levels will rise when Greenland melts),"

You wrote:

"It won't."

I wrote:

"Correct. The Dutch civilisation will be screwed."

You wrote:

"Only in your pathetic little drug crazed
drunken dole bludger fantasyland.

Even the ipcc doesn’t predict that that will happen
you pathetic excuse for a lying bullshit artist."

To which I quoted IPCC chapter and verse:

"Working Group 1. 11.2.3

Read it, dickhead."

Pity it doesn’t say that dutch civilisation will
be screwed, you silly little pathological liar.



Despite your claims, the IPCC DOES mention a 6.5 Metre sea level rise.


Never said that they didn’t, you silly little pathological liar.

keithr0
Guest

Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:45 am   



On 4/16/2020 7:48 AM, Rod Speed wrote:
Quote:


"Xeno" <xenolith_at_optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfo769F8kf9U1_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/4/20 7:44 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
Xeno <xenolith_at_optusnet.com.au> wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Trevor Wilson <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Trevor Wilson <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Trevor Wilson <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Jasen Betts <jasen_at_xnet.co.nz> wrote
Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa_at_gmail.com> wrote

And even if they did, and they don’t, have fun explaining
how our civilisation somehow managed to cope with
a change of sea level of hundreds of feet, and somehow
managed to cope with a significant drop in climate from when
the romans grew wine in england and the current climate.

Where are you getting this from?

History, you should try it some time.

Bullshit. You made it up.

Made up the time when Greenland had extensive
agriculture  by the vikings eh ?  Yeah, right.

Greenland has had agriculture for many thousands of years.

But there was far more of it when the vikings
showed up and human civilisation handled
that fine when it iced up significantly later.

You really try hard to ignore facts, don't you?

You are the one ignoring the fact that human civilisation
has survived lots of climate change in the past.

All of it small scale,

Bullshit with the desertification of the sahara,
the failure of the rainfall in central america,

The activities involved in human induced climate change aren't limited
to the buring of fossil fuels and the spewing of tons and tons of CO2
into the atmosphere.

That remains to be seen.

the little ice age. the lack any summer in
europe due to the worst volcanoes etc etc etc.

Volcanoes create ash clouds that affect climate by blocking the sun.
Naturally you will miss out on summer. You might get colder winters
too. But those aren't the only effects.  Heard of Krakatoa?
https://www.nature.com/articles/439675a

That’s what I was referring to. Human civilisation
survived that fine.

as were "civilisations" back then.

More mindless pig ignorant silly stuff with the romans,
the greeks, the chinese, the japs, india etc.

Those were not the civilisations I was referring to.

But were the ones that handled significant climate change fine.

Now civilisations have a lot more *infrastructure* that will be
affected,

And much more capacity to carry on regardless
in places like Antarctica and the arctic etc.

If you can't grow food

But we can now, almost anywhere
even if that takes a greenhouse etc.

your civilisation either shrinks dramatically or dies out. It has
happened before.

But doesn’t anymore now that we can move what
we grow to anywhere it is needed so easily.

The difference in those cases was that the civilisation revolved
around city states.

But don’t anymore.

I was watching a lecture on one such case. I will see if I can find it
again.

not the least of which is agriculture and coastal areas.

But we have now worked out how to grow quite a bit of
stuff in completely artificial environments almost anywhere
and to turn unsuitable water into potable water.

For the scale required to feed current or projected world populations,
you're dreaming.

No need to do that, whatever happens climate change
wise there will always be parts of the world were it still
grows fine and it will always be possible to move what
is grown there to where it will be consumed.

In fact if the world does warm up as has been claimed,
plenty of places that are quite marginal for some crops
will become much more viable for growing those crops.

You will note, most major cities in the world are near the coast. 7
metre rise in sea level - even the Dutch will be helpless to save them.

But when we have worked out how to move millions
right across the entire fucking world, we are quite
capable of moving those citys too over that time.

But that is precisely the point.

We'll see...

Most of the cities (note spelling) will need to be moved

We already rebuild them at a hell of a rate.
No big deal to rebuild them in a higher location.

- but you cannot move a city.

You can actually but don’t need to.

You can build a new city and transfer the people

And its no big deal to do that in a different location.

and *some* of the infrastructure - but not all of it.

That last is bullshit.

Indonesia is doing that as I write this.

And plenty have done that before, most obviously
with russia and brazil and even us with canberra.

Jakarta is drowning and they are building a new capital on the island
of Borneo.

And plenty have moved their capital for millennia now.

They will leave the old infrastructure behind to *drown*.

Just like happened in the Med at times.
And civilisation carried on fine anyway.

There are 32 million people in Jakarta. Will they all be invited to
the new capital city?

Its got nothing to do with invitations.

And indonesian civilisation will carry on regardless, you watch.

The oldest part of the Greenland ice sheet is more than ONE
MILLION years old. Long before humans existed. Let alone
civilisation and agriculture:

All completely irrelevant to the fact that human civilisation
has survived significant climate change there.

Show the civilisations that have survived dramatic climate change.

Just did with greenland and central america and the sahara etc.

The sahara? That region, and those nearby, are generating the most
refugees.

That’s bullshit, they just move thru there from the sub sahara

And that has nothing to do with climate change,
its due to the countrys north of the med doing a hell
of a lot better economically than sub saharan africa

And that has always been the case. The difference
now is that its feasible for those to head to europe
and it wasn’t in the past.

That's surviving?

Certainly is for civilisation as a whole and for
those who choose to move to europe too.

Same for the windrushers who moved to the
UK just after the war from the bahamas etc.
Those who moved are doing a hell of a lot
better in the UK than those who didn’t move.

Same with those who chose to move to the USA.

The people are *fleeing* the region.

Yes,, but not because of climate change.

That will only lead to issues in the areas they flee to.

Corse it does, but human civilisation carrys on regardless
and in the case of the USA and australia etc, ends up with
a hell of an improvement in the human civilisation than what
was there before the movement of those millions of people.

For the record, desertification in the sahara is not as a result of
climate change

That’s bullshit too.

though that may exacerbate it. The main cause of desertification in
the Sahara is the overexploitation of resources.

That is complete bullshit.

The reason is simple - overpopulation.

You are wrong, as always.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland_ice_sheet


Rod, knowing that he'll be long dead before things turn really bad and
having no descendants, gives not a shit.

Rod Speed
Guest

Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:45 am   



"keithr0" <user_at_account.invalid> wrote in message
news:hfq18gFkg68U1_at_mid.individual.net...
Quote:
On 4/16/2020 7:48 AM, Rod Speed wrote:


"Xeno" <xenolith_at_optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:hfo769F8kf9U1_at_mid.individual.net...
On 15/4/20 7:44 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
Xeno <xenolith_at_optusnet.com.au> wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Trevor Wilson <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Trevor Wilson <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Trevor Wilson <trevor_at_rageaudio.com.au> wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Jasen Betts <jasen_at_xnet.co.nz> wrote
Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa_at_gmail.com> wrote

And even if they did, and they don’t, have fun explaining
how our civilisation somehow managed to cope with
a change of sea level of hundreds of feet, and somehow
managed to cope with a significant drop in climate from when
the romans grew wine in england and the current climate.

Where are you getting this from?

History, you should try it some time.

Bullshit. You made it up.

Made up the time when Greenland had extensive
agriculture by the vikings eh ? Yeah, right.

Greenland has had agriculture for many thousands of years.

But there was far more of it when the vikings
showed up and human civilisation handled
that fine when it iced up significantly later.

You really try hard to ignore facts, don't you?

You are the one ignoring the fact that human civilisation
has survived lots of climate change in the past.

All of it small scale,

Bullshit with the desertification of the sahara,
the failure of the rainfall in central america,

The activities involved in human induced climate change aren't limited
to the buring of fossil fuels and the spewing of tons and tons of CO2
into the atmosphere.

That remains to be seen.

the little ice age. the lack any summer in
europe due to the worst volcanoes etc etc etc.

Volcanoes create ash clouds that affect climate by blocking the sun.
Naturally you will miss out on summer. You might get colder winters too.
But those aren't the only effects. Heard of Krakatoa?
https://www.nature.com/articles/439675a

That’s what I was referring to. Human civilisation
survived that fine.

as were "civilisations" back then.

More mindless pig ignorant silly stuff with the romans,
the greeks, the chinese, the japs, india etc.

Those were not the civilisations I was referring to.

But were the ones that handled significant climate change fine.

Now civilisations have a lot more *infrastructure* that will be
affected,

And much more capacity to carry on regardless
in places like Antarctica and the arctic etc.

If you can't grow food

But we can now, almost anywhere
even if that takes a greenhouse etc.

your civilisation either shrinks dramatically or dies out. It has
happened before.

But doesn’t anymore now that we can move what
we grow to anywhere it is needed so easily.

The difference in those cases was that the civilisation revolved around
city states.

But don’t anymore.

I was watching a lecture on one such case. I will see if I can find it
again.

not the least of which is agriculture and coastal areas.

But we have now worked out how to grow quite a bit of
stuff in completely artificial environments almost anywhere
and to turn unsuitable water into potable water.

For the scale required to feed current or projected world populations,
you're dreaming.

No need to do that, whatever happens climate change
wise there will always be parts of the world were it still
grows fine and it will always be possible to move what
is grown there to where it will be consumed.

In fact if the world does warm up as has been claimed,
plenty of places that are quite marginal for some crops
will become much more viable for growing those crops.

You will note, most major cities in the world are near the coast. 7
metre rise in sea level - even the Dutch will be helpless to save
them.

But when we have worked out how to move millions
right across the entire fucking world, we are quite
capable of moving those citys too over that time.

But that is precisely the point.

We'll see...

Most of the cities (note spelling) will need to be moved

We already rebuild them at a hell of a rate.
No big deal to rebuild them in a higher location.

- but you cannot move a city.

You can actually but don’t need to.

You can build a new city and transfer the people

And its no big deal to do that in a different location.

and *some* of the infrastructure - but not all of it.

That last is bullshit.

Indonesia is doing that as I write this.

And plenty have done that before, most obviously
with russia and brazil and even us with canberra.

Jakarta is drowning and they are building a new capital on the island of
Borneo.

And plenty have moved their capital for millennia now.

They will leave the old infrastructure behind to *drown*.

Just like happened in the Med at times.
And civilisation carried on fine anyway.

There are 32 million people in Jakarta. Will they all be invited to the
new capital city?

Its got nothing to do with invitations.

And indonesian civilisation will carry on regardless, you watch.

The oldest part of the Greenland ice sheet is more than ONE MILLION
years old. Long before humans existed. Let alone civilisation and
agriculture:

All completely irrelevant to the fact that human civilisation
has survived significant climate change there.

Show the civilisations that have survived dramatic climate change.

Just did with greenland and central america and the sahara etc.

The sahara? That region, and those nearby, are generating the most
refugees.

That’s bullshit, they just move thru there from the sub sahara

And that has nothing to do with climate change,
its due to the countrys north of the med doing a hell
of a lot better economically than sub saharan africa

And that has always been the case. The difference
now is that its feasible for those to head to europe
and it wasn’t in the past.

That's surviving?

Certainly is for civilisation as a whole and for
those who choose to move to europe too.

Same for the windrushers who moved to the
UK just after the war from the bahamas etc.
Those who moved are doing a hell of a lot
better in the UK than those who didn’t move.

Same with those who chose to move to the USA.

The people are *fleeing* the region.

Yes,, but not because of climate change.

That will only lead to issues in the areas they flee to.

Corse it does, but human civilisation carrys on regardless
and in the case of the USA and australia etc, ends up with
a hell of an improvement in the human civilisation than what
was there before the movement of those millions of people.

For the record, desertification in the sahara is not as a result of
climate change

That’s bullshit too.

though that may exacerbate it. The main cause of desertification in the
Sahara is the overexploitation of resources.

That is complete bullshit.

The reason is simple - overpopulation.

You are wrong, as always.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland_ice_sheet

Rod, knowing that he'll be long dead before things turn really bad


They won't ever turn really bad.

> and having no descendants,

You don’t know that either.

> gives not a shit.

Whether I give a shit or not is completely irrelevant.

Fortunately no one who matters gives a shit about
what fools like you and the other hysterics demand.

And even if we were actually stupid enough to shut down
all power generation and all use of fossil fuels, it wouldn’t
make a scrap of difference to world CO2 levels anyway
because we are such a tiny part of the world.

China adds more every year than we generate entirely.

Jasen Betts
Guest

Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:45 am   



On 2020-04-15, Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa_at_gmail.com> wrote:
Quote:
Jasen Betts <jasen_at_xnet.co.nz> wrote
Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa_at_gmail.com> wrote
Jasen Betts <jasen_at_xnet.co.nz> wrote
Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa_at_gmail.com> wrote

And even if they did, and they don’t, have fun explaining
how our civilisation somehow managed to cope with
a change of sea level of hundreds of feet, and somehow
managed to cope with a significant drop in climate from when
the romans grew wine in england and the current climate.

Where are you getting this from?

History,

Really? history?

Fraid so.

wine doesn't grow, but assuming
you mean grapes... what's significant?

That when the romans were there, grapes grew well there.


Why is that significant? there's over 200 commercial vineyards in the
UK today so they grow well enough today. Without trucks and trains the
romans would be consuming mostly locally produced wine whether or not
grapes grew well. because they still grow a lot better than they walk.

Quote:
and where did you get this claim from?

History. You should try it some time.


nah you cribbed it from some fool somewhere, there was an idiot in a
different newsgroup making a similar claim.





--
Jasen.

Rod Speed
Guest

Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:43 am   



Jasen Betts <jasen_at_xnet.co.nz> wrote
Quote:
Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa_at_gmail.com> wrote
Jasen Betts <jasen_at_xnet.co.nz> wrote
Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa_at_gmail.com> wrote
Jasen Betts <jasen_at_xnet.co.nz> wrote
Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa_at_gmail.com> wrote

And even if they did, and they don’t, have fun explaining
how our civilisation somehow managed to cope with
a change of sea level of hundreds of feet, and somehow
managed to cope with a significant drop in climate from when
the romans grew wine in england and the current climate.

Where are you getting this from?

History,

Really? history?

Fraid so.

wine doesn't grow, but assuming
you mean grapes... what's significant?

That when the romans were there, grapes grew well there.

Why is that significant?


It shows that civilisation continued fine there even
when there was significant climate change there.

Quote:
there's over 200 commercial vineyards in the
UK today so they grow well enough today.


That’s relatively recent. There werent when
the Thames used to freeze over quite often.

Quote:
Without trucks and trains the romans would
be consuming mostly locally produced wine


That’s wrong too.

Quote:
whether or not grapes grew well. because
they still grow a lot better than they walk.


They used ships, not walking wine.

Quote:
and where did you get this claim from?

History. You should try it some time.

nah you cribbed it from some fool somewhere,


You are wrong, as always.

Quote:
there was an idiot in a different
newsgroup making a similar claim.


Because that’s the history stupid.

Clocky
Guest

Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:45 am   



On 13/04/2020 4:38 am, Phil Allison wrote:
Quote:
Trevor Wilson who Cannot Read wrote:

-------------------------------


** The para speaks only of "risk".

So contradicts you completely.

**WTF are you smoking? Go back and learn remedial English.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/risk?s=t


** Again, you post a link that *contradicts* you in lieu of a supporting case. Risk refers to the chance that something may happen.

When the IPCC was set up, climate change was not a real problem just a risk.

Even now, it is simply a hypothetical risk.

The only folk who are *certain* it is real a very dangerous are activists.

FYI: Activist = LUNATIC.



Your stance puts you on par with flat earthers you toaster molesting loon.

Hope you realise that.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics AUS - multi voltage power adaptor

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic version Bulgarian version Catalan version Czech version Danish version German version Greek version English version Spanish version Finnish version French version Hindi version Croatian version Indonesian version Italian version Hebrew version Japanese version Korean version Lithuanian version Latvian version Dutch version Norwegian version Polish version Portuguese version Romanian version Russian version Slovak version Slovenian version Serbian version Swedish version Tagalog version Ukrainian version Vietnamese version Chinese version Turkish version
EDAboard.com map