EDAboard.com | EDAboard.eu | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | RTV forum PL | NewsGroups PL

MicroSemi Libero Software Installation Problems

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - FPGA - MicroSemi Libero Software Installation Problems

rickman
Guest

Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:14 am   



I have version 11.6 running on my laptop with Windows 8. For a workshop
tomorrow I need to update to version 11.7 service pack 2. I downloaded
the software and started to install it, but I can't get past the initial
directory creation. It actually makes the directory just fine, but the
tool then complains this is not a valid directory.

I've tried using different locations and changed the directory name to
remove any special characters with no success.

Any ideas?

--

Rick C

Tim Wescott
Guest

Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:14 am   



Tim Wescott <tim_at_seemywebsite.com> Wrote in message:
Quote:
On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 23:14:20 -0500, rickman wrote:

I have version 11.6 running on my laptop with Windows 8. For a workshop
tomorrow I need to update to version 11.7 service pack 2. I downloaded
the software and started to install it, but I can't get past the initial
directory creation. It actually makes the directory just fine, but the
tool then complains this is not a valid directory.

I've tried using different locations and changed the directory name to
remove any special characters with no success.

Any ideas?

Dunno Windows much -- are you logged in as an administrator? Can't help
you much more than that: my IT brain is at choir practice right now.

--
Tim Wescott
Control systems, embedded software and circuit design
I'm looking for work! See my website if you're interested
http://www.wescottdesign.com


#1 son says you can right-click an executable, get a menu, and run
as administrator, but had nothing else in the way of stunning
cleverness.
--
www.wescottdesign.com

Tim Wescott
Guest

Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:22 pm   



On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 23:14:20 -0500, rickman wrote:

Quote:
I have version 11.6 running on my laptop with Windows 8. For a workshop
tomorrow I need to update to version 11.7 service pack 2. I downloaded
the software and started to install it, but I can't get past the initial
directory creation. It actually makes the directory just fine, but the
tool then complains this is not a valid directory.

I've tried using different locations and changed the directory name to
remove any special characters with no success.

Any ideas?


Dunno Windows much -- are you logged in as an administrator? Can't help
you much more than that: my IT brain is at choir practice right now.

--
Tim Wescott
Control systems, embedded software and circuit design
I'm looking for work! See my website if you're interested
http://www.wescottdesign.com

rickman
Guest

Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:04 pm   



On 11/15/2016 1:30 AM, Tim Wescott wrote:
Quote:
Tim Wescott <tim_at_seemywebsite.com> Wrote in message:
On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 23:14:20 -0500, rickman wrote:

I have version 11.6 running on my laptop with Windows 8. For a workshop
tomorrow I need to update to version 11.7 service pack 2. I downloaded
the software and started to install it, but I can't get past the initial
directory creation. It actually makes the directory just fine, but the
tool then complains this is not a valid directory.

I've tried using different locations and changed the directory name to
remove any special characters with no success.

Any ideas?

Dunno Windows much -- are you logged in as an administrator? Can't help
you much more than that: my IT brain is at choir practice right now.

--
Tim Wescott
Control systems, embedded software and circuit design
I'm looking for work! See my website if you're interested
http://www.wescottdesign.com


#1 son says you can right-click an executable, get a menu, and run
as administrator, but had nothing else in the way of stunning
cleverness.


I found the problem. I was trying to install the service pack only. I
thought the file was 11.7 *with* the service pack. It's all working now.

--

Rick C

Tim Wescott
Guest

Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:52 pm   



On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 11:04:00 -0500, rickman wrote:

Quote:
On 11/15/2016 1:30 AM, Tim Wescott wrote:
Tim Wescott <tim_at_seemywebsite.com> Wrote in message:
On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 23:14:20 -0500, rickman wrote:

I have version 11.6 running on my laptop with Windows 8. For a
workshop tomorrow I need to update to version 11.7 service pack 2. I
downloaded the software and started to install it, but I can't get
past the initial directory creation. It actually makes the directory
just fine, but the tool then complains this is not a valid directory.

I've tried using different locations and changed the directory name
to remove any special characters with no success.

Any ideas?

Dunno Windows much -- are you logged in as an administrator? Can't
help you much more than that: my IT brain is at choir practice right
now.

--
Tim Wescott Control systems, embedded software and circuit design I'm
looking for work! See my website if you're interested
http://www.wescottdesign.com


#1 son says you can right-click an executable, get a menu, and run
as administrator, but had nothing else in the way of stunning
cleverness.

I found the problem. I was trying to install the service pack only. I
thought the file was 11.7 *with* the service pack. It's all working
now.


Cool. I hope the workshop goes well!

--
Tim Wescott
Control systems, embedded software and circuit design
I'm looking for work! See my website if you're interested
http://www.wescottdesign.com

rickman
Guest

Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:39 am   



On 11/15/2016 11:52 AM, Tim Wescott wrote:
Quote:
On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 11:04:00 -0500, rickman wrote:

On 11/15/2016 1:30 AM, Tim Wescott wrote:
Tim Wescott <tim_at_seemywebsite.com> Wrote in message:
On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 23:14:20 -0500, rickman wrote:

I have version 11.6 running on my laptop with Windows 8. For a
workshop tomorrow I need to update to version 11.7 service pack 2. I
downloaded the software and started to install it, but I can't get
past the initial directory creation. It actually makes the directory
just fine, but the tool then complains this is not a valid directory.

I've tried using different locations and changed the directory name
to remove any special characters with no success.

Any ideas?

Dunno Windows much -- are you logged in as an administrator? Can't
help you much more than that: my IT brain is at choir practice right
now.

--
Tim Wescott Control systems, embedded software and circuit design I'm
looking for work! See my website if you're interested
http://www.wescottdesign.com


#1 son says you can right-click an executable, get a menu, and run
as administrator, but had nothing else in the way of stunning
cleverness.

I found the problem. I was trying to install the service pack only. I
thought the file was 11.7 *with* the service pack. It's all working
now.

Cool. I hope the workshop goes well!


Yes, it was one of the better workshops I've attended. They used a
board with the Igloo2 on it and I wanted one with the SmartFusion2. I'm
told I just need to get in touch with the Microsemi guy who left a bit
early and I can get one.

I just had a beer with a few of the guys and they are a pretty nice crowd.

--

Rick C

Svenn Are Bjerkem
Guest

Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:07 pm   



onsdag 16. november 2016 00.39.26 UTC+1 skrev rickman følgende:

Quote:
Yes, it was one of the better workshops I've attended. They used a
board with the Igloo2 on it and I wanted one with the SmartFusion2. I'm
told I just need to get in touch with the Microsemi guy who left a bit
early and I can get one.


Was it Peter Trott giving the workshop, or are you in the US?

I have created a product with sf2 and it is a very plesant chip to work with.

Quote:

I just had a beer with a few of the guys and they are a pretty nice crowd..


You have to wait until you start submitting support cases until you jugde the crowd. I have never had any problems talking sensible to the guys at the microsemi stand at exhibitions, but support come out of india, and that may be a bit tedious.

--
Svenn

rickman
Guest

Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:01 am   



On 11/16/2016 5:07 AM, Svenn Are Bjerkem wrote:
Quote:
onsdag 16. november 2016 00.39.26 UTC+1 skrev rickman følgende:

Yes, it was one of the better workshops I've attended. They used a
board with the Igloo2 on it and I wanted one with the
SmartFusion2. I'm told I just need to get in touch with the
Microsemi guy who left a bit early and I can get one.

Was it Peter Trott giving the workshop, or are you in the US?

I have created a product with sf2 and it is a very plesant chip to
work with.


US. I have their cards, but I am terrible at remembering names. I
don't recall a Peter Trott though. Mostly it was Future guys, the disti
who sponsored the event. Brett Clark and Norm Palmer were two of the
Microsemi guys. The presenter was... sorry, just can't remember.

The reason why I went was because I have a SF2 board from Avnet which
has some nice peripherals. But the documentation is not so good and
there isn't much software other than the couple of exercises. I found
out this is because Avnet is no longer a Microsemi disti. I've asked
for a SF2 version of the board used in the workshop. The one they
supplied was just an Igloo2 and not the SF2.


Quote:
I just had a beer with a few of the guys and they are a pretty nice
crowd.


You have to wait until you start submitting support cases until you
jugde the crowd. I have never had any problems talking sensible to
the guys at the microsemi stand at exhibitions, but support come out
of india, and that may be a bit tedious.


Yeah, I got lots of that with Lattice. I'd ask for information and they
would run me around rather than try to come up with an answer. The
local FAE is the guy who gives me useful support. One answer I got
allowed me to save around $2000 on the last build.

--

Rick C

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - FPGA - MicroSemi Libero Software Installation Problems

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic versionBulgarian versionCatalan versionCzech versionDanish versionGerman versionGreek versionEnglish versionSpanish versionFinnish versionFrench versionHindi versionCroatian versionIndonesian versionItalian versionHebrew versionJapanese versionKorean versionLithuanian versionLatvian versionDutch versionNorwegian versionPolish versionPortuguese versionRomanian versionRussian versionSlovak versionSlovenian versionSerbian versionSwedish versionTagalog versionUkrainian versionVietnamese versionChinese version
RTV map EDAboard.com map News map EDAboard.eu map EDAboard.de map EDAboard.co.uk map