EDAboard.com | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | WTWH Media

Is Google really shaping search results against Trump?

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics Design - Is Google really shaping search results against Trump?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

amdx
Guest

Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:45 pm   



It seems so.


I wanted to see more info about the rally that Hillary Clinton had in
Canada (few showed up) and searched google with Hillarys canadian rally
flop.
Of the first 20 hits 4 were off topic, (Car rallys, book).
7 hits that were about Hillary and 8 were negative articles about Trump.
I think Google might be shaping their search engine to put Trump
in a negative light.

I did the same in DuckDuckgo, 9 hits on Hillary, 10 hits that were
either off topic, irrelevant or a poll result, and 1 hit about
Trump and it was quoting what he said about Hillary and the boarder.

I think it's time to reshape Google.


I was looking for this info I heard about poor attendance at my
morning coffee meetup, but never saw anything in the media about it.
Quote:


I had to change Rally to fundraiser to find this.
Mikek

John Robertson
Guest

Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:45 pm   



You do realize that Google shows its search results related to YOUR past
searches? So if you are checking out sites that are critical of your
president then Google assumes you are interested in that top[ic and puts
them closer to the top...

Unless you are using VPN and/or some sort of NoScript utility then
Google has your number.

John :-#)#

On 2018/12/27 6:33 a.m., amdx wrote:
Quote:
It seems so.


 I wanted to see more info about the rally that Hillary Clinton had in
Canada (few showed up) and searched google with Hillarys canadian rally
flop.
 Of the first 20 hits 4 were off topic, (Car rallys, book).
 7 hits that were about Hillary and 8 were negative articles about Trump.
 I think Google might be shaping their search engine to put Trump
in a negative light.

 I did the same in DuckDuckgo, 9 hits on Hillary, 10 hits that were
either off topic, irrelevant or a poll result, and 1 hit about
Trump and it was quoting what he said about Hillary and the boarder.

  I think it's time to reshape Google.


 I was looking for this info I heard about poor attendance at my
morning coffee meetup, but never saw anything in the media about it.

https://ilovemyfreedom.org/not-interested-bill-and-hillarys-speaking-tour-flops-barely-fills-17-percent-of-arena/

 I had to change Rally to fundraiser to find this.
                                                        Mikek



Guest

Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:45 pm   



John Robertson <spam_at_flippers.com> wrote in
news:4JudnfMzA4CQnbjBnZ2dnUU7-aXNnZ2d_at_giganews.com:

Quote:
You do realize that Google shows its search results related to
YOUR past searches?


Wrong. Google has your search log and presents suggested finishes
for your search. So, AS you type, a list appears which will be
topped of by your most recent search which utilized those letters.

So, all I have to do is type "a" then as I type an "m", amazon
pops up first in the list, because my previous search for any word
starting with "am" was indeed amazon. Under that "amazon" suggested
search, the list includes OTHER popular sites or words starting with
"am".

The user sees the list and selects the right one or keeps typing
his or her original search intent.

The RESULTS of that search are the EXACT same if I do it
anonymously at the library or signed in on my home machine.

So if I send a url which is the result 'page' from a search to
this group, the results you will see will match what I saw.

If I find a google images picture after someone asks what
an interocitor is and post that link, even though it has my search
word in the url (a search result link), the search is the same if I
do it or if you do it.

amdx
Guest

Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:45 pm   



I tried it with my VPN on and got exactly the same results.
Mikek



On 12/27/2018 1:24 PM, amdx wrote:
Quote:
On 12/27/2018 10:38 AM, John Robertson wrote:
You do realize that Google shows its search results related to YOUR
past searches? So if you are checking out sites that are critical of
your president then Google assumes you are interested in that top[ic
and puts them closer to the top...


 Not Guilty.

Unless you are using VPN and/or some sort of NoScript utility then
Google has your number.


Interesting, I'll try with my VPN on.






Quote:
John :-#)#

On 2018/12/27 6:33 a.m., amdx wrote:
It seems so.


  I wanted to see more info about the rally that Hillary Clinton had
in Canada (few showed up) and searched google with Hillarys canadian
rally flop.
  Of the first 20 hits 4 were off topic, (Car rallys, book).
  7 hits that were about Hillary and 8 were negative articles about
Trump.
  I think Google might be shaping their search engine to put Trump
in a negative light.

  I did the same in DuckDuckgo, 9 hits on Hillary, 10 hits that were
either off topic, irrelevant or a poll result, and 1 hit about
Trump and it was quoting what he said about Hillary and the boarder.

   I think it's time to reshape Google.


  I was looking for this info I heard about poor attendance at my
morning coffee meetup, but never saw anything in the media about it.
 
https://ilovemyfreedom.org/not-interested-bill-and-hillarys-speaking-tour-flops-barely-fills-17-percent-of-arena/

  I had to change Rally to fundraiser to find this.
                                                         Mikek



amdx
Guest

Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:45 pm   



On 12/27/2018 10:38 AM, John Robertson wrote:
Quote:
You do realize that Google shows its search results related to YOUR past
searches? So if you are checking out sites that are critical of your
president then Google assumes you are interested in that top[ic and puts
them closer to the top...


Not Guilty.

Quote:
Unless you are using VPN and/or some sort of NoScript utility then
Google has your number.


Interesting, I'll try with my VPN on.

Quote:
John :-#)#

On 2018/12/27 6:33 a.m., amdx wrote:
It seems so.


  I wanted to see more info about the rally that Hillary Clinton had
in Canada (few showed up) and searched google with Hillarys canadian
rally flop.
  Of the first 20 hits 4 were off topic, (Car rallys, book).
  7 hits that were about Hillary and 8 were negative articles about
Trump.
  I think Google might be shaping their search engine to put Trump
in a negative light.

  I did the same in DuckDuckgo, 9 hits on Hillary, 10 hits that were
either off topic, irrelevant or a poll result, and 1 hit about
Trump and it was quoting what he said about Hillary and the boarder.

   I think it's time to reshape Google.


  I was looking for this info I heard about poor attendance at my
morning coffee meetup, but never saw anything in the media about it.
 
https://ilovemyfreedom.org/not-interested-bill-and-hillarys-speaking-tour-flops-barely-fills-17-percent-of-arena/

  I had to change Rally to fundraiser to find this.
                                                         Mikek


bitrex
Guest

Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:45 pm   



On 12/27/2018 02:00 PM, bitrex wrote:
Quote:
On 12/27/2018 09:33 AM, amdx wrote:
It seems so.


  I wanted to see more info about the rally that Hillary Clinton had
in Canada (few showed up) and searched google with Hillarys canadian
rally flop.
  Of the first 20 hits 4 were off topic, (Car rallys, book).
  7 hits that were about Hillary and 8 were negative articles about
Trump.
  I think Google might be shaping their search engine to put Trump
in a negative light.

  I did the same in DuckDuckgo, 9 hits on Hillary, 10 hits that were
either off topic, irrelevant or a poll result, and 1 hit about
Trump and it was quoting what he said about Hillary and the boarder.

   I think it's time to reshape Google.

Liberals have been saying the same for years, glad to see you're on board.


I mean the reasons are the usual self-absorbed paranoid stuff that
motivates most right-wing thought but hey.

They probably know what kind of titty pictures you look at online, too!

bitrex
Guest

Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:45 pm   



On 12/27/2018 09:33 AM, amdx wrote:
Quote:
It seems so.


 I wanted to see more info about the rally that Hillary Clinton had in
Canada (few showed up) and searched google with Hillarys canadian rally
flop.
 Of the first 20 hits 4 were off topic, (Car rallys, book).
 7 hits that were about Hillary and 8 were negative articles about Trump.
 I think Google might be shaping their search engine to put Trump
in a negative light.

 I did the same in DuckDuckgo, 9 hits on Hillary, 10 hits that were
either off topic, irrelevant or a poll result, and 1 hit about
Trump and it was quoting what he said about Hillary and the boarder.

  I think it's time to reshape Google.


Liberals have been saying the same for years, glad to see you're on board.

Quote:
 I was looking for this info I heard about poor attendance at my
morning coffee meetup, but never saw anything in the media about it.

https://ilovemyfreedom.org/not-interested-bill-and-hillarys-speaking-tour-flops-barely-fills-17-percent-of-arena/

 I had to change Rally to fundraiser to find this.
                                                        Mikek


Chris
Guest

Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:45 am   



On 12/27/18 19:28, amdx wrote:
Quote:
I tried it with my VPN on and got exactly the same results.
Mikek



Did you clear the browser history and cache before trying the
second time ?...

Chris

Phil Hobbs
Guest

Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:45 am   



On 12/27/18 6:05 PM, Chris wrote:
Quote:
On 12/27/18 19:28, amdx wrote:
I tried it with my VPN on and got exactly the same results.
Mikek



Did you clear the browser history and cache before trying the
second time ?...

Chris


You really need a clean browser to find that out. I suggest booting a
Linux live disc and connecting to another VPN point in between.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC / Hobbs ElectroOptics
Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com

Steve Wilson
Guest

Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:45 am   



Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamMeSenseless_at_electrooptical.net> wrote:

Quote:
On 12/27/18 6:05 PM, Chris wrote:
On 12/27/18 19:28, amdx wrote:
I tried it with my VPN on and got exactly the same results.
Mikek

Did you clear the browser history and cache before trying the
second time ?...

Chris

You really need a clean browser to find that out. I suggest booting a
Linux live disc and connecting to another VPN point in between.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs


No need. Just read the reports on just about every news site except
FoxNews, where trump gets his information to run the administration.

Hannity, Limbaugh, Briebart and others only appear on FoxNews, and never on
CNBC, New York Times, Newsweek, Reuters, Washington Post, and other
rational newspapers.

These sites report the damage caused by trump's actions.

Because they are more numerous, they will obviously appear first in google
searches.

No conspiracy here. google and the majority of the news sites are telling
the truth. Trump and FoxNews are not.

Clifford Heath
Guest

Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:45 am   



On 28/12/18 4:12 am, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno_at_decadence.org wrote:
Quote:
John Robertson <spam_at_flippers.com> wrote in
news:4JudnfMzA4CQnbjBnZ2dnUU7-aXNnZ2d_at_giganews.com:

You do realize that Google shows its search results related to
YOUR past searches?

Wrong. Google has your search log and presents suggested finishes
for your search. So, AS you type, a list appears which will be
topped of by your most recent search which utilized those letters.

So, all I have to do is type "a" then as I type an "m", amazon
pops up first in the list, because my previous search for any word
starting with "am" was indeed amazon. Under that "amazon" suggested
search, the list includes OTHER popular sites or words starting with
"am".

The user sees the list and selects the right one or keeps typing
his or her original search intent.

The RESULTS of that search are the EXACT same if I do it
anonymously at the library or signed in on my home machine.


No. GO and do the search in another city, or another country, and you
will often see different results. That's what people want, too.

Phil Hobbs
Guest

Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:45 am   



On 12/27/18 7:27 PM, Steve Wilson wrote:
Quote:
Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamMeSenseless_at_electrooptical.net> wrote:

On 12/27/18 6:05 PM, Chris wrote:
On 12/27/18 19:28, amdx wrote:
I tried it with my VPN on and got exactly the same results.
Mikek

Did you clear the browser history and cache before trying the
second time ?...

Chris

You really need a clean browser to find that out. I suggest booting a
Linux live disc and connecting to another VPN point in between.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

No need. Just read the reports on just about every news site except
FoxNews, where trump gets his information to run the administration.

Hannity, Limbaugh, Briebart and others only appear on FoxNews, and never on
CNBC, New York Times, Newsweek, Reuters, Washington Post, and other
rational newspapers.

These sites report the damage caused by trump's actions.

Because they are more numerous, they will obviously appear first in google
searches.

No conspiracy here. google and the majority of the news sites are telling
the truth. Trump and FoxNews are not.


Yah, get a life. Politicians will be politicians.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC / Hobbs ElectroOptics
Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com

Steve Wilson
Guest

Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:45 am   



Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamMeSenseless_at_electrooptical.net> wrote:

Quote:
On 12/27/18 7:27 PM, Steve Wilson wrote:
Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamMeSenseless_at_electrooptical.net> wrote:

On 12/27/18 6:05 PM, Chris wrote:
On 12/27/18 19:28, amdx wrote:
I tried it with my VPN on and got exactly the same results.
Mikek

Did you clear the browser history and cache before trying the second
time ?...

Chris

You really need a clean browser to find that out. I suggest booting a
Linux live disc and connecting to another VPN point in between.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

No need. Just read the reports on just about every news site except
FoxNews, where trump gets his information to run the administration.

Hannity, Limbaugh, Briebart and others only appear on FoxNews, and
never on CNBC, New York Times, Newsweek, Reuters, Washington Post, and
other rational newspapers.

These sites report the damage caused by trump's actions.

Because they are more numerous, they will obviously appear first in
google searches.

No conspiracy here. google and the majority of the news sites are
telling the truth. Trump and FoxNews are not.

Yah, get a life. Politicians will be politicians.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs


Some are better than others. With Trump, you have seen the bottom.

Phil Hobbs
Guest

Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:45 am   



On 12/27/18 8:08 PM, Steve Wilson wrote:
Quote:
Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamMeSenseless_at_electrooptical.net> wrote:

On 12/27/18 7:27 PM, Steve Wilson wrote:
Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamMeSenseless_at_electrooptical.net> wrote:

On 12/27/18 6:05 PM, Chris wrote:
On 12/27/18 19:28, amdx wrote:
I tried it with my VPN on and got exactly the same results.
Mikek

Did you clear the browser history and cache before trying the second
time ?...

Chris

You really need a clean browser to find that out. I suggest booting a
Linux live disc and connecting to another VPN point in between.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

No need. Just read the reports on just about every news site except
FoxNews, where trump gets his information to run the administration.

Hannity, Limbaugh, Briebart and others only appear on FoxNews, and
never on CNBC, New York Times, Newsweek, Reuters, Washington Post, and
other rational newspapers.

These sites report the damage caused by trump's actions.

Because they are more numerous, they will obviously appear first in
google searches.

No conspiracy here. google and the majority of the news sites are
telling the truth. Trump and FoxNews are not.

Yah, get a life. Politicians will be politicians.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Some are better than others. With Trump, you have seen the bottom.


He appears to try to keep his word, at least. That puts him in the top
25% right there.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs


Guest

Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:45 am   



On Thu, 27 Dec 2018 20:14:42 -0500, Phil Hobbs
<pcdhSpamMeSenseless_at_electrooptical.net> wrote:

Quote:
On 12/27/18 8:08 PM, Steve Wilson wrote:
Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamMeSenseless_at_electrooptical.net> wrote:

On 12/27/18 7:27 PM, Steve Wilson wrote:
Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamMeSenseless_at_electrooptical.net> wrote:

On 12/27/18 6:05 PM, Chris wrote:
On 12/27/18 19:28, amdx wrote:
I tried it with my VPN on and got exactly the same results.
Mikek

Did you clear the browser history and cache before trying the second
time ?...

Chris

You really need a clean browser to find that out. I suggest booting a
Linux live disc and connecting to another VPN point in between.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

No need. Just read the reports on just about every news site except
FoxNews, where trump gets his information to run the administration.

Hannity, Limbaugh, Briebart and others only appear on FoxNews, and
never on CNBC, New York Times, Newsweek, Reuters, Washington Post, and
other rational newspapers.

These sites report the damage caused by trump's actions.

Because they are more numerous, they will obviously appear first in
google searches.

No conspiracy here. google and the majority of the news sites are
telling the truth. Trump and FoxNews are not.

Yah, get a life. Politicians will be politicians.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Some are better than others. With Trump, you have seen the bottom.


He appears to try to keep his word, at least. That puts him in the top
25% right there.


25%? Got another example? I've sure got three more counterexamples.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics Design - Is Google really shaping search results against Trump?

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic version Bulgarian version Catalan version Czech version Danish version German version Greek version English version Spanish version Finnish version French version Hindi version Croatian version Indonesian version Italian version Hebrew version Japanese version Korean version Lithuanian version Latvian version Dutch version Norwegian version Polish version Portuguese version Romanian version Russian version Slovak version Slovenian version Serbian version Swedish version Tagalog version Ukrainian version Vietnamese version Chinese version Turkish version
EDAboard.com map