EDAboard.com | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | WTWH Media

Is Class 1 laser safe enough for baby eyes?

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronic for beginners - Is Class 1 laser safe enough for baby eyes?

Mr. Man-wai Chang
Guest

Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:45 am   



I meant, what if someone accidentally shine Class 1 laser into a baby's
eyes? Would it hurt retina and leave a permanent damage?

I know ... I know... it should NOT happen. Adults are supposed to be
very very careful. :)

--
@~@ Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
/( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa

George Herold
Guest

Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:45 pm   



On Tuesday, July 31, 2018 at 6:22:00 AM UTC-4, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
Quote:
I meant, what if someone accidentally shine Class 1 laser into a baby's
eyes? Would it hurt retina and leave a permanent damage?

I know ... I know... it should NOT happen. Adults are supposed to be
very very careful. :)

--
@~@ Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
/( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa


Knowing nothing, I assume so. Visible laser safety counts on the blink
reflex, when the eye is exposed to strong light. (like the sun)
I assume babies have this reflex... You could google it.

George H.

Cursitor Doom
Guest

Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:45 pm   



On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 06:05:52 -0700, George Herold wrote:

Quote:
Knowing nothing, I assume so. Visible laser safety counts on the blink
reflex, when the eye is exposed to strong light. (like the sun)
I assume babies have this reflex... You could google it.


But you don't have to get *that* powerful before the blink reflex won't
save your sight any more. I've got some 2.5W violet lasers here that will
blind someone *instantly* and cause permanent scarring on the retina.
Mind you, these are about 500x more powerful than the average laser
pointer.





--
This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via
the Usenet protocol. Reproduction in whole or part through other
protocols, whether for profit or not, is conditional upon a charge of
GBP10.00 per reproduction. Publication in this manner via non-Usenet
protocols constitutes acceptance of this condition.

George Herold
Guest

Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:45 pm   



On Tuesday, July 31, 2018 at 1:00:50 PM UTC-4, Cursitor Doom wrote:
Quote:
On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 06:05:52 -0700, George Herold wrote:

Knowing nothing, I assume so. Visible laser safety counts on the blink
reflex, when the eye is exposed to strong light. (like the sun)
I assume babies have this reflex... You could google it.

But you don't have to get *that* powerful before the blink reflex won't
save your sight any more. I've got some 2.5W violet lasers here that will
blind someone *instantly* and cause permanent scarring on the retina.
Mind you, these are about 500x more powerful than the average laser
pointer.

I think class 1 is less than 1mW in the visible.
We sell a class 3B laser.. it's in the NIR... no blink reflex.
(I always encourage people to buy extra laser goggles.)

George H.
Quote:




--
This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via
the Usenet protocol. Reproduction in whole or part through other
protocols, whether for profit or not, is conditional upon a charge of
GBP10.00 per reproduction. Publication in this manner via non-Usenet
protocols constitutes acceptance of this condition.


George Herold
Guest

Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:45 pm   



On Friday, August 3, 2018 at 4:57:32 AM UTC-4, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
Quote:
On 8/1/2018 3:19 AM, George Herold wrote:

I think class 1 is less than 1mW in the visible.
We sell a class 3B laser.. it's in the NIR... no blink reflex.
(I always encourage people to buy extra laser goggles.)

Do you trust and buy Class 1 laser products manufactured by Chinese and
Asians? Smile

Neither. :^)
GH
Quote:
--
@~@ Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
/( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa


elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronic for beginners - Is Class 1 laser safe enough for baby eyes?

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic version Bulgarian version Catalan version Czech version Danish version German version Greek version English version Spanish version Finnish version French version Hindi version Croatian version Indonesian version Italian version Hebrew version Japanese version Korean version Lithuanian version Latvian version Dutch version Norwegian version Polish version Portuguese version Romanian version Russian version Slovak version Slovenian version Serbian version Swedish version Tagalog version Ukrainian version Vietnamese version Chinese version Turkish version
EDAboard.com map