EDAboard.com | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | WTWH Media

I See The Solutions Manual Asshole Is Back

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronic for beginners - I See The Solutions Manual Asshole Is Back

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Tom Del Rosso
Guest

Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:45 pm   



jurb6006_at_gmail.com wrote:
Quote:
"I knew that before the age of ten just by
reading a few books"

Yeah, now go brag bout being born later. When I was born KID there
weren't no sucha thing as a MOSFET. All we had was JFETs.

Deal with that !


And the dual-slope converters went uphill both ways.

Phil Hobbs
Guest

Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:45 pm   



On 2/8/19 4:08 PM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
Quote:
jurb6006_at_gmail.com wrote:
"I knew that before the age of ten just by
reading a few books"

Yeah, now go brag bout being born later. When I was born KID there
weren't no sucha thing as a MOSFET. All we had was JFETs.

Deal with that !

And the dual-slope converters went uphill both ways.

;)


And the FETs were thermionic.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC / Hobbs ElectroOptics
Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com

John Larkin
Guest

Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:45 am   



On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 17:25:56 -0500, Phil Hobbs
<pcdhSpamMeSenseless_at_electrooptical.net> wrote:

Quote:
On 2/8/19 4:08 PM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
jurb6006_at_gmail.com wrote:
"I knew that before the age of ten just by
reading a few books"

Yeah, now go brag bout being born later. When I was born KID there
weren't no sucha thing as a MOSFET. All we had was JFETs.

Deal with that !

And the dual-slope converters went uphill both ways.

;)

And the FETs were thermionic.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs


Does anybody remember germanium jfets?


--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Phil Hobbs
Guest

Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:45 am   



On 2/8/19 6:24 PM, John Larkin wrote:
Quote:
On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 17:25:56 -0500, Phil Hobbs
pcdhSpamMeSenseless_at_electrooptical.net> wrote:

On 2/8/19 4:08 PM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
jurb6006_at_gmail.com wrote:
"I knew that before the age of ten just by
reading a few books"

Yeah, now go brag bout being born later. When I was born KID there
weren't no sucha thing as a MOSFET. All we had was JFETs.

Deal with that !

And the dual-slope converters went uphill both ways.

;)

And the FETs were thermionic.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Does anybody remember germanium jfets?


Not I.


You could make water-soluble MOSFETs though. (The only Group IV element
with a worse oxide than germanium is carbon.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC / Hobbs ElectroOptics
Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com


Guest

Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:45 am   



>"Does anybody remember germanium jfets? "

I don't. Were there any ? I don't see why not.

Baron
Guest

Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:45 pm   



jurb6006_at_gmail.com prodded the keyboard with:

Quote:
"Does anybody remember germanium jfets? "

I don't. Were there any ? I don't see why not.


I have a very vague recollection that TI made some, 40 odd years ago !
But I've don't ever remember seeing or using any.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

John Larkin
Guest

Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:45 am   



On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 15:56:47 +0000, Baron <baron_at_linuxmaniac.net>
wrote:

Quote:
jurb6006_at_gmail.com prodded the keyboard with:

"Does anybody remember germanium jfets? "

I don't. Were there any ? I don't see why not.

I have a very vague recollection that TI made some, 40 odd years ago !
But I've don't ever remember seeing or using any.


Right, TI made some. They had really low (like 1 dB) RF noise figures
at a few MHz, and good IM performance. But they never saw volume
production.


--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

lunatic fringe electronics


Guest

Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:45 pm   



You would think they would be very popular among engineers because they were used to designing with tubes.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronic for beginners - I See The Solutions Manual Asshole Is Back

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic version Bulgarian version Catalan version Czech version Danish version German version Greek version English version Spanish version Finnish version French version Hindi version Croatian version Indonesian version Italian version Hebrew version Japanese version Korean version Lithuanian version Latvian version Dutch version Norwegian version Polish version Portuguese version Romanian version Russian version Slovak version Slovenian version Serbian version Swedish version Tagalog version Ukrainian version Vietnamese version Chinese version Turkish version
EDAboard.com map