EDAboard.com | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | WTWH Media

How to change a *.vhd under Notepad++ to a *.txt file format

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - VHDL Language - How to change a *.vhd under Notepad++ to a *.txt file format

Weng Tianxiang
Guest

Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:49 pm   



Hi,

I need to change a *.vhd file under Notepad++ to a *.txt file with ASCII character.

Notepad++ does not provide *.txt file format, and text file is saved under Notepad++ format.

I cannot open Notepad file, saying that the required operation needs elevation.

Thank you.

Weng

rickman
Guest

Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:00 am   



Weng Tianxiang wrote on 12/31/2017 2:49 PM:
Quote:
Hi,

I need to change a *.vhd file under Notepad++ to a *.txt file with ASCII character.

Notepad++ does not provide *.txt file format, and text file is saved under Notepad++ format.

I cannot open Notepad file, saying that the required operation needs elevation.


I don't understand your problem. Both .vhd and .txt files are typically
ASCII character files. You can make a copy of the .vhd file with the
Windows explorer, then change the name to *.txt and it should be what you wish.

Editors like Notepad++ are also called "text" editors because they edit text
files.

What format does Notepad++ use?

--

Rick C

Viewed the eclipse at Wintercrest Farms,
on the centerline of totality since 1998

Weng Tianxiang
Guest

Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 am   



On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 5:01:19 PM UTC-8, rickman wrote:
Quote:
Weng Tianxiang wrote on 12/31/2017 2:49 PM:
Hi,

I need to change a *.vhd file under Notepad++ to a *.txt file with ASCII character.

Notepad++ does not provide *.txt file format, and text file is saved under Notepad++ format.

I cannot open Notepad file, saying that the required operation needs elevation.

I don't understand your problem. Both .vhd and .txt files are typically
ASCII character files. You can make a copy of the .vhd file with the
Windows explorer, then change the name to *.txt and it should be what you wish.

Editors like Notepad++ are also called "text" editors because they edit text
files.

What format does Notepad++ use?

--

Rick C

Viewed the eclipse at Wintercrest Farms,
on the centerline of totality since 1998


Rick,

Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

I am applying a new patent application. When I upload the *.txt file, USPTO said that there is an error, "Text file must be ASCII".

Actually I use Textpad software to edit my source code. Usually I select all *.hdl, copy, then paste it to Windows Notepad and use the notepad to save *.txt. Because my computer is Windows 7.0, notepad no longer works, and Microsoft only provides notepad updates under 8.0 or above.

Thank you.

Weng

rickman
Guest

Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:46 am   



Weng Tianxiang wrote on 12/31/2017 9:27 PM:
Quote:
On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 5:01:19 PM UTC-8, rickman wrote:
Weng Tianxiang wrote on 12/31/2017 2:49 PM:
Hi,

I need to change a *.vhd file under Notepad++ to a *.txt file with ASCII character.

Notepad++ does not provide *.txt file format, and text file is saved under Notepad++ format.

I cannot open Notepad file, saying that the required operation needs elevation.

I don't understand your problem. Both .vhd and .txt files are typically
ASCII character files. You can make a copy of the .vhd file with the
Windows explorer, then change the name to *.txt and it should be what you wish.

Editors like Notepad++ are also called "text" editors because they edit text
files.

What format does Notepad++ use?

--

Rick C

Viewed the eclipse at Wintercrest Farms,
on the centerline of totality since 1998

Rick,

Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

I am applying a new patent application. When I upload the *.txt file, USPTO said that there is an error, "Text file must be ASCII".

Actually I use Textpad software to edit my source code. Usually I select all *.hdl, copy, then paste it to Windows Notepad and use the notepad to save *.txt. Because my computer is Windows 7.0, notepad no longer works, and Microsoft only provides notepad updates under 8.0 or above.


You are welcome, add my name to the patent.

--

Rick C

Viewed the eclipse at Wintercrest Farms,
on the centerline of totality since 1998

Igmar Palsenberg
Guest

Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:57 am   



On Sunday, 31 December 2017 20:49:27 UTC+1, Weng Tianxiang wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I need to change a *.vhd file under Notepad++ to a *.txt file with ASCII character.

Notepad++ does not provide *.txt file format, and text file is saved under Notepad++ format.


Sure it does. I'm assuming you're talking about the version from https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

> I cannot open Notepad file, saying that the required operation needs elevation.

That's a permission issue. In general, save as a .txt file, and make sure you pick ASCII / ANSI as a character set.


Igmar


Quote:
Thank you.

Weng


Weng Tianxiang
Guest

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:11 am   



On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 11:57:41 PM UTC-8, Igmar Palsenberg wrote:
Quote:
On Sunday, 31 December 2017 20:49:27 UTC+1, Weng Tianxiang wrote:
Hi,

I need to change a *.vhd file under Notepad++ to a *.txt file with ASCII character.

Notepad++ does not provide *.txt file format, and text file is saved under Notepad++ format.

Sure it does. I'm assuming you're talking about the version from https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

I cannot open Notepad file, saying that the required operation needs elevation.

That's a permission issue. In general, save as a .txt file, and make sure you pick ASCII / ANSI as a character set.


Igmar


Thank you.

Weng


Hi,

I finally resolved the question on how to upload a TXT file to USPTO as computer listing.

The reason is not which code software you use, but because my code has some copy from my patent specification written in Microsoft WORD which uses non-ASCII character set that causes my HDL file has characters with value equal to or greater than h80 and those characters are non-ASCII.

Thank you, Rick and Igmar.

Weng

rickman
Guest

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:47 pm   



Weng Tianxiang wrote on 1/8/2018 9:11 PM:
Quote:
On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 11:57:41 PM UTC-8, Igmar Palsenberg wrote:
On Sunday, 31 December 2017 20:49:27 UTC+1, Weng Tianxiang wrote:
Hi,

I need to change a *.vhd file under Notepad++ to a *.txt file with ASCII character.

Notepad++ does not provide *.txt file format, and text file is saved under Notepad++ format.

Sure it does. I'm assuming you're talking about the version from https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

I cannot open Notepad file, saying that the required operation needs elevation.

That's a permission issue. In general, save as a .txt file, and make sure you pick ASCII / ANSI as a character set.


Igmar


Thank you.

Weng

Hi,

I finally resolved the question on how to upload a TXT file to USPTO as computer listing.

The reason is not which code software you use, but because my code has some copy from my patent specification written in Microsoft WORD which uses non-ASCII character set that causes my HDL file has characters with value equal to or greater than h80 and those characters are non-ASCII.

Thank you, Rick and Igmar.


Just so you know in the future, Microsoft Word is not a text editor and does
not produce text files by default, but you probably can "save as" a text
file. I don't use Microsoft Word, but I can "save as" a text file from
LibreOffice.

--

Rick C

Viewed the eclipse at Wintercrest Farms,
on the centerline of totality since 1998

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - VHDL Language - How to change a *.vhd under Notepad++ to a *.txt file format

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic version Bulgarian version Catalan version Czech version Danish version German version Greek version English version Spanish version Finnish version French version Hindi version Croatian version Indonesian version Italian version Hebrew version Japanese version Korean version Lithuanian version Latvian version Dutch version Norwegian version Polish version Portuguese version Romanian version Russian version Slovak version Slovenian version Serbian version Swedish version Tagalog version Ukrainian version Vietnamese version Chinese version Turkish version
EDAboard.com map