EDAboard.com | EDAboard.eu | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | RTV forum PL | NewsGroups PL

Help Identifying Component

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics Components - Help Identifying Component

John Incontro
Guest

Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:24 pm   



Can anybody identify this? I'm pretty sure it's a fuse, maybe 4 amps? Fast
blow? Thanks for looking.

http://i.imgur.com/2gARGQ0.jpg

John Incontro
Guest

Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:44 pm   



John Incontro <1_at_2.3> wrote in news:n00diq$6q2$1_at_dont-email.me:

Quote:
Can anybody identify this? I'm pretty sure it's a fuse, maybe 4 amps?
Fast blow? Thanks for looking.

http://i.imgur.com/2gARGQ0.jpg


I forgot to mention, it's about 1/4" long and 1/16" in diameter.

John Incontro
Guest

Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:43 pm   



Piotr Piatek <piotr433_at_pisi.com.pl> wrote in
news:d8i41mF4l1mU1_at_mid.individual.net:

Quote:
On 18.10.2015 17:24, John Incontro wrote:
Can anybody identify this? I'm pretty sure it's a fuse, maybe 4
amps? Fast blow? Thanks for looking.

http://i.imgur.com/2gARGQ0.jpg


ceramic resonator 4.00MHz manufactured by Murata



Thanks!

Piotr Piatek
Guest

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:43 pm   



On 18.10.2015 17:24, John Incontro wrote:
Quote:
Can anybody identify this? I'm pretty sure it's a fuse, maybe 4 amps? Fast
blow? Thanks for looking.

http://i.imgur.com/2gARGQ0.jpg


ceramic resonator 4.00MHz manufactured by Murata

Ian Field
Guest

Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:53 am   



"John Incontro" <1_at_2.3> wrote in message news:n00lnt$6lp$1_at_dont-email.me...
Quote:
Piotr Piatek <piotr433_at_pisi.com.pl> wrote in
news:d8i41mF4l1mU1_at_mid.individual.net:

On 18.10.2015 17:24, John Incontro wrote:
Can anybody identify this? I'm pretty sure it's a fuse, maybe 4
amps? Fast blow? Thanks for looking.

http://i.imgur.com/2gARGQ0.jpg


ceramic resonator 4.00MHz manufactured by Murata



Thanks!


That case style looks familiar - might be MELF.

That info could save some time searching the catalogue.

John Robertson
Guest

Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:44 pm   



On 10/18/2015 8:44 AM, John Incontro wrote:
Quote:
John Incontro <1_at_2.3> wrote in news:n00diq$6q2$1_at_dont-email.me:

Can anybody identify this? I'm pretty sure it's a fuse, maybe 4 amps?
Fast blow? Thanks for looking.

http://i.imgur.com/2gARGQ0.jpg

I forgot to mention, it's about 1/4" long and 1/16" in diameter.


Looks like a fuse to me too. 4.00 amps. European?

No idea about fast/slo blow. Any other marks on it? 'Cm g' is not easy
to search...

Any clues as to where it is found in the equipment? Is it open? Did you
try a diode test to see if it only conducts in one direction? How about
20M Ohm scale - anything?

John :-#)#


--
(Please post followups or tech inquiries to the USENET newsgroup)
John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9
(604)872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
"Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."

Piotr Piatek
Guest

Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:23 pm   



On 18.10.2015 21:53, Ian Field wrote:

Quote:
That case style looks familiar - might be MELF.

That info could save some time searching the catalogue.


The exact part number is: CSAC4.00MGC-TC

Ian Field
Guest

Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:38 pm   



"Piotr Piatek" <piotr433_at_pisi.com.pl> wrote in message
news:d8mq1eFafmcU1_at_mid.individual.net...
Quote:
On 18.10.2015 21:53, Ian Field wrote:

That case style looks familiar - might be MELF.

That info could save some time searching the catalogue.

The exact part number is: CSAC4.00MGC-TC


And sometimes you have to get all those prefixes and suffixes exactly right.

One I'm certainly well aware of is the ceramic filters and traps that were
used in TV IF strips.

The parts look almost identical, but one is a filter that lets 6.0MHz (or
5.5MHz) through, while the other is a trap that passes everything except the
marked frequency.

Most often they were 3 terminal types, but there were a few 2 terminal
types. and ceramic filters peak at a slightly different frequency depending
whether they're series or shunt connected.

John Incontro
Guest

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:25 pm   



John Robertson <spam_at_flippers.com> wrote in
news:PpmdnYfl1bDGArnLnZ2dnUU7-YvOydjZ_at_giganews.com:

Quote:
Looks like a fuse to me too. 4.00 amps. European?

No idea about fast/slo blow. Any other marks on it? 'Cm g' is not easy
to search...

Any clues as to where it is found in the equipment? Is it open? Did you
try a diode test to see if it only conducts in one direction? How about
20M Ohm scale - anything?

John :-#)#


Thanks John. This was found in a control circuit for a 12/24 volt
refrigerator. It reads open, which is why I thought it was a fuse. I'm
not familiar with resonators, no idea how to test it.

John Incontro
Guest

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:25 pm   



Piotr Piatek <piotr433_at_pisi.com.pl> wrote in news:d8mq1eFafmcU1
@mid.individual.net:

Quote:
On 18.10.2015 21:53, Ian Field wrote:

That case style looks familiar - might be MELF.

That info could save some time searching the catalogue.

The exact part number is: CSAC4.00MGC-TC


Thanks.

Ian Field
Guest

Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:36 am   



"John Incontro" <1_at_2.3> wrote in message news:n0e535$d2o$1_at_dont-email.me...
Quote:
John Robertson <spam_at_flippers.com> wrote in
news:PpmdnYfl1bDGArnLnZ2dnUU7-YvOydjZ_at_giganews.com:

Looks like a fuse to me too. 4.00 amps. European?

No idea about fast/slo blow. Any other marks on it? 'Cm g' is not easy
to search...

Any clues as to where it is found in the equipment? Is it open? Did you
try a diode test to see if it only conducts in one direction? How about
20M Ohm scale - anything?

John :-#)#


Thanks John. This was found in a control circuit for a 12/24 volt
refrigerator. It reads open, which is why I thought it was a fuse. I'm
not familiar with resonators, no idea how to test it.


The prevailing theory seems to be its a ceramic resonator.

It has a fair bit in common with a capacitor, and a capacitance meter should
give a reading you can check against the data sheet.

The difference is; the dielectric is piezoelectric and its physical
dimensions give it a resonant frequency.

Ian Field
Guest

Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:44 am   



"John Incontro" <1_at_2.3> wrote in message news:n0e535$d2o$1_at_dont-email.me...
Quote:
John Robertson <spam_at_flippers.com> wrote in
news:PpmdnYfl1bDGArnLnZ2dnUU7-YvOydjZ_at_giganews.com:

Looks like a fuse to me too. 4.00 amps. European?

No idea about fast/slo blow. Any other marks on it? 'Cm g' is not easy
to search...

Any clues as to where it is found in the equipment? Is it open? Did you
try a diode test to see if it only conducts in one direction? How about
20M Ohm scale - anything?

John :-#)#


Thanks John. This was found in a control circuit for a 12/24 volt
refrigerator. It reads open, which is why I thought it was a fuse. I'm
not familiar with resonators, no idea how to test it.


Several suppliers include application examples in their catalogues.

Maybe the simplest would be an oscillator built around a 4069 or similar.

The fact of whether or not it oscillates would be significant, but if you
have a scope and counter ready to hand, it can't hurt to make sure
everythings right.

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics Components - Help Identifying Component

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic versionBulgarian versionCatalan versionCzech versionDanish versionGerman versionGreek versionEnglish versionSpanish versionFinnish versionFrench versionHindi versionCroatian versionIndonesian versionItalian versionHebrew versionJapanese versionKorean versionLithuanian versionLatvian versionDutch versionNorwegian versionPolish versionPortuguese versionRomanian versionRussian versionSlovak versionSlovenian versionSerbian versionSwedish versionTagalog versionUkrainian versionVietnamese versionChinese version
RTV map EDAboard.com map News map EDAboard.eu map EDAboard.de map EDAboard.co.uk map