EDAboard.com | EDAboard.eu | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | RTV forum PL | NewsGroups PL

For Sale: Immersion Microscribe 3d digitizer

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Synthesis - For Sale: Immersion Microscribe 3d digitizer

danserra@id7.com
Guest

Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:07 pm   



Immersion Microscribe 3d digitizing arm. Model Dl (larger unit) 66"
diameter workspace with a positional accuracy of .64mm. Can be used to
digitize a variety of objects with complex undercuts. Clay maquetts
can also be captured if the clay is of a firm variety or stuck in the
fridge overnight. This process gives you better point control compared
to some of the cheaper laser scanners. Great for reverse engineering
of complex objects.

Unit is in excellent condition, complete with original box,manuals and
foot pedals. It can be used with a variety of software such as Maya,
Rhino, Mastercam, ProE and Autocad. No software is included. Hooks up
to PC using RS-232 interface.

Asking $2,000 obo

Data glove by 5DT (Fifth Dimension Technologies)right hand. Fiberoptic
based motion capture system with power supply and RS-232 interface.
$250.00

Email for photos and shipping details and terms


Dan Serra
DigiMilieu Studios

Sporkman
Guest

Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:00 pm   



"danserra_at_id7.com" wrote:
Quote:

Immersion Microscribe 3d digitizing arm. Model Dl (larger unit) 66"
diameter workspace with a positional accuracy of .64mm. Can be used to
digitize a variety of objects with complex undercuts. Clay maquetts
can also be captured if the clay is of a firm variety or stuck in the
fridge overnight. This process gives you better point control compared
to some of the cheaper laser scanners. Great for reverse engineering
of complex objects.

Unit is in excellent condition, complete with original box,manuals and
foot pedals. It can be used with a variety of software such as Maya,
Rhino, Mastercam, ProE and Autocad. No software is included. Hooks up
to PC using RS-232 interface.

Asking $2,000 obo ...(clip)...

A positional accuracy of .64mm?
Well the price isn't bad, I guess, but what use is it? Even if .64mm is
the total spread (+/-.32mm, roughly equivalent to +/-.013 inch) it's too
large to be of much use in anything but the roughest of reverse
engineering, and absolutely NO use in quality assurance. I'm not trying
to be critical . . . I'm just curious about what would be the
applicability for this thing.

Mark 'Sporky' Stapleton
Watermark Design, LLC
www.h2omarkdesign.com

danserra@id7.com
Guest

Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:44 am   



Sporkman <sporkedUNDERLINEagainMUNGE_at_bigfootDOT.com> wrote in message news:<40FAF2F7.4D373203_at_bigfootDOT.com>...
Quote:
"danserra_at_id7.com" wrote:

Immersion Microscribe 3d digitizing arm. Model Dl (larger unit) 66"
diameter workspace with a positional accuracy of .64mm. Can be used to
digitize a variety of objects with complex undercuts. Clay maquetts
can also be captured if the clay is of a firm variety or stuck in the
fridge overnight. This process gives you better point control compared
to some of the cheaper laser scanners. Great for reverse engineering
of complex objects.

Unit is in excellent condition, complete with original box,manuals and
foot pedals. It can be used with a variety of software such as Maya,
Rhino, Mastercam, ProE and Autocad. No software is included. Hooks up
to PC using RS-232 interface.

Asking $2,000 obo ...(clip)...

A positional accuracy of .64mm?
Well the price isn't bad, I guess, but what use is it? Even if .64mm is
the total spread (+/-.32mm, roughly equivalent to +/-.013 inch) it's too
large to be of much use in anything but the roughest of reverse
engineering, and absolutely NO use in quality assurance. I'm not trying
to be critical . . . I'm just curious about what would be the
applicability for this thing.

Mark 'Sporky' Stapleton
Watermark Design, LLC
www.h2omarkdesign.com


It's handy when you have a complex design that you would like to
capture quickly and then finesse in your application of choice. A lot
depends on the skill and speed of a modeller. If you are highly
skilled and very fast, then it might not matter. This helped us on
some short timeline projects, with some difficult tasks. This device
gives you better control of your vertices than scanners.

Sporkman
Guest

Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:01 pm   



"danserra_at_id7.com" wrote:
Quote:
It's handy when you have a complex design that you would like to
capture quickly and then finesse in your application of choice. A lot
depends on the skill and speed of a modeller. If you are highly
skilled and very fast, then it might not matter. This helped us on
some short timeline projects, with some difficult tasks. This device
gives you better control of your vertices than scanners.

I see no online information on a model D1. There is a model DL
(actually 3DL), but not a D1.

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Synthesis - For Sale: Immersion Microscribe 3d digitizer

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic versionBulgarian versionCatalan versionCzech versionDanish versionGerman versionGreek versionEnglish versionSpanish versionFinnish versionFrench versionHindi versionCroatian versionIndonesian versionItalian versionHebrew versionJapanese versionKorean versionLithuanian versionLatvian versionDutch versionNorwegian versionPolish versionPortuguese versionRomanian versionRussian versionSlovak versionSlovenian versionSerbian versionSwedish versionTagalog versionUkrainian versionVietnamese versionChinese version
RTV map EDAboard.com map News map EDAboard.eu map EDAboard.de map EDAboard.co.uk map