EDAboard.com | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | WTWH Media

for retro freaks

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics AUS - for retro freaks

keithr0
Guest

Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:21 am   



https://www.amazon.com/Animated-Software-Co-Digital-Slide/dp/B01G2HAU6I/

Trevor Wilson
Guest

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:53 am   



On 14/07/2017 3:21 PM, keithr0 wrote:
> https://www.amazon.com/Animated-Software-Co-Digital-Slide/dp/B01G2HAU6I/

**Sweet! I just located my Faber Castel 2/83N to show my partner. I
wanted to teach her how to use it. She is too young to have ever used
one. I retired my 2/83N, in favour of an Emona scientific calculator.
Cost me the grand sum of $104.00 way back when. It was more than a
weeks' wages.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Phil Allison
Guest

Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:08 am   



Trevor Wilson wrote:

------------------------


Quote:
On 14/07/2017 3:21 PM, keithr0 wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/Animated-Software-Co-Digital-Slide/dp/B01G2HAU6I/

**Sweet! I just located my Faber Castel 2/83N to show my partner. I
wanted to teach her how to use it. She is too young to have ever used
one. I retired my 2/83N, in favour of an Emona scientific calculator.
Cost me the grand sum of $104.00 way back when. It was more than a
weeks' wages.


** I still have my Faber Castell "1/98 ELEKTRO" slide rule from my uni days - I've forgotten how it works.

PLUS I also bought an Emona Scientific in c1975 too. The one with tiny but magnified red LED displays, internal NiCd cells and a charger. The NiCds leaked and killed the Emona eventually but I still have the charger.


..... Phil


..... Phil

Trevor Wilson
Guest

Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:52 am   



On 14/07/2017 5:08 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
Quote:

Trevor Wilson wrote:

------------------------


On 14/07/2017 3:21 PM, keithr0 wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/Animated-Software-Co-Digital-Slide/dp/B01G2HAU6I/

**Sweet! I just located my Faber Castel 2/83N to show my partner. I
wanted to teach her how to use it. She is too young to have ever used
one. I retired my 2/83N, in favour of an Emona scientific calculator.
Cost me the grand sum of $104.00 way back when. It was more than a
weeks' wages.


** I still have my Faber Castell "1/98 ELEKTRO" slide rule from my uni days - I've forgotten how it works.

PLUS I also bought an Emona Scientific in c1975 too. The one with tiny but magnified red LED displays, internal NiCd cells and a charger. The NiCds leaked and killed the Emona eventually but I still have the charger.


**You know, I think I still have my charger, emblazoned with EMONA, in
big white letters. I think there was a fancy logo, somewhat like a
European royal family crest? Dunno where the calculator is.


--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Phil Allison
Guest

Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:33 pm   



Trevor Wilson wrote:

--------------------------

Quote:

**Sweet! I just located my Faber Castel 2/83N to show my partner. I
wanted to teach her how to use it. She is too young to have ever used
one. I retired my 2/83N, in favour of an Emona scientific calculator.
Cost me the grand sum of $104.00 way back when. It was more than a
weeks' wages.


** I still have my Faber Castell "1/98 ELEKTRO" slide rule from my uni days - I've forgotten how it works.

PLUS I also bought an Emona Scientific in c1975 too. The one with tiny but magnified red LED displays, internal NiCd cells and a charger. The NiCds leaked and killed the Emona eventually but I still have the charger.


**You know, I think I still have my charger, emblazoned with EMONA, in
big white letters. I think there was a fancy logo, somewhat like a
European royal family crest? Dunno where the calculator is.



** Yep - the crest shows a castle with a moat and a flying horse passing over the top with a jockey with his whip held high.

" Calculator Adaptor Model 12 "

Manufactured in Sydney by "Hallam Magnetics".

" Output 9V DC at 150 ma "

Totally sealed, waterproof and likely potted to boot.

Only 42 years old.



..... Phil

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Electronics AUS - for retro freaks

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic version Bulgarian version Catalan version Czech version Danish version German version Greek version English version Spanish version Finnish version French version Hindi version Croatian version Indonesian version Italian version Hebrew version Japanese version Korean version Lithuanian version Latvian version Dutch version Norwegian version Polish version Portuguese version Romanian version Russian version Slovak version Slovenian version Serbian version Swedish version Tagalog version Ukrainian version Vietnamese version Chinese version Turkish version
EDAboard.com map