EDAboard.com | EDAboard.de | EDAboard.co.uk | WTWH Media

auCdl netlisting from the command line

Ask a question - edaboard.com

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Cadence - auCdl netlisting from the command line

Gerd
Guest

Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:26 pm   



Hi,

Is it normal that "si -batch -command netlist" only executes
succesfully from a 32bit machine?
Running the same command on any 64bit machine gives this:
*Error* loadContext: could not open file -
".....<mypath>...../release2005/ic_v5.1.41/tools.hppa/dfII/etc/context/64bit/auCore.cxt"
The file 'si' is looking for doesn't exist in the installation path.

Has anyone ever seen this before?
Thanks,
Gerd

Bernd Fischer
Guest

Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:28 pm   



Try

setenv CDS_AUTO_64BIT NONE


Do you have a SourceLink account?
http://sourcelink.cadence.com/docs/db/kdb/2001/June/1842831.html

Regards Bernd



Gerd wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

Is it normal that "si -batch -command netlist" only executes
succesfully from a 32bit machine?
Running the same command on any 64bit machine gives this:
*Error* loadContext: could not open file -
".....<mypath>...../release2005/ic_v5.1.41/tools.hppa/dfII/etc/context/64bit/auCore.cxt"
The file 'si' is looking for doesn't exist in the installation path.

Has anyone ever seen this before?
Thanks,
Gerd


Gerd
Guest

Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:50 pm   



Aha! It works!

Thanks a lot.
Is this some variable that got in in more recent versions?

Gerd


Bernd Fischer wrote:
Quote:
Try

setenv CDS_AUTO_64BIT NONE


Do you have a SourceLink account?
http://sourcelink.cadence.com/docs/db/kdb/2001/June/1842831.html

Regards Bernd



Gerd wrote:
Hi,

Is it normal that "si -batch -command netlist" only executes
succesfully from a 32bit machine?
Running the same command on any 64bit machine gives this:
*Error* loadContext: could not open file -
".....<mypath>...../release2005/ic_v5.1.41/tools.hppa/dfII/etc/context/64bit/auCore.cxt"
The file 'si' is looking for doesn't exist in the installation path.

Has anyone ever seen this before?
Thanks,
Gerd


Bernd Fischer
Guest

Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:15 pm   



No I think this variable exist at least since 4.4.6.

Bernd

Andrew Beckett
Guest

Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:42 pm   



On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:15:26 +0200, Bernd Fischer
<""bernd.fischer\"@xignal-A%&HY%$v#&G=.de"> wrote:

Quote:
No I think this variable exist at least since 4.4.6.

Bernd

In fact, it would only be trying to run in 64 bit mode if the variable is
already set, or if -64 was passed on the command line - take a look
to see if it's set - I suspect somebody has set it to ALL or something
similar - no point using tools in 64 bit mode unless you absolutely need
the capacity.

Regards,

Andrew.
Andrew Beckett
Principal European Technology Leader
Cadence Design Systems, UK.

John Gianni
Guest

Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:32 pm   



In addition, google for "CDS_AUTO_64BIT" in comp.cad.cadence and you'll
my post earlier this month, titled "How to tell Cadence to use a 32-bit
or 64-bit executable?
- http://tinyurl.com/m7tow

That earlier post was an attempt at proactively providing users
background for what happens in the executable 32-bit/64-bit
decision-making process.

Good luck,
John Gianni
"Nothing stated by me on the USENET is prior sanctioned by my
employer."

Note: http://tinyurl.com/m7tow ===>
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.cad.cadence/browse_thread/thread/8bc33c14f89418ea/b400a590e3620ca0?q=CDS_AUTO_64BIT&rnum=2#b400a590e3620ca0


Guest

Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:55 pm   



Hello,

My attempt is to auCdl netlist a MOS component with custom additional
parameters. The netlisting procedure for doing this i found on
Sourcelink: _ansCdlCompParamPrim. For illustration, the extra
parameters are X and Y. E.g., this is what i want to get:

MM0 Z A vdd! vdd! pmos W=... L=... X=... Y=...

and this is what is netlisted instead:

MM0 Z A vdd! vdd! model=pmos W=... L=... X=... Y=...

In fact the model name is now treated as a parameter instead of being
written explicitly. Here's my current CDF:

cdfId->simInfo->auCdl = '( nil
netlistProcedure _ansCdlCompParamPrim
instParameters (model W L X Y)
termOrder (D G S B)
propMapping (nil model MODELNAME)
namePrefix "M"
)

Playing with the 'modelName' simInfo doesn't help either since it
prints everything literally in the netlist (and MODELNAME is a
variable).

Does anyone have a way to circumvent this without losing the ability to
netlist X and Y properly?


Thanks a lot,
Gerd




Answer of above question is ansCdlSubCktCall procedure to netlist component name as subciruit without loosing actual parameter and you shouldn't netlist as primitive component and if you have auCdl view then you can loose/delete schematic view so that in LVS source.added you don't need to provide extra device info additionally if you need auCdl view then copy from virtuoso database symbol view as auCdl and auCdl info section in CDF put this procedure as netlist procedure this might get you moving with your intended logic. I found this question from you in some CAD forum.

elektroda.net NewsGroups Forum Index - Cadence - auCdl netlisting from the command line

Ask a question - edaboard.com

Arabic version Bulgarian version Catalan version Czech version Danish version German version Greek version English version Spanish version Finnish version French version Hindi version Croatian version Indonesian version Italian version Hebrew version Japanese version Korean version Lithuanian version Latvian version Dutch version Norwegian version Polish version Portuguese version Romanian version Russian version Slovak version Slovenian version Serbian version Swedish version Tagalog version Ukrainian version Vietnamese version Chinese version Turkish version
EDAboard.com map